Eddie Cure Epilepsy Benefit 10/15/18 Chicago

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Cool!
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    This is a really nice connection to see.  My son Ian had epilepsy.  He passed away June 6, 2017 after a severe seizure and cardiac arrest.

Thankful to anyone who supports CURE.  As a fan, this is something that feels good to see.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

Monday, October 15, 2018 - 5:30pm
    CURE 20th Annual Chicago Benefit
    Aon Ballroom, Navy Pier
    600 E Grand Ave
    Chicago, IL 60611

Event Overview

Sponsorship Opportunities   Tickets and Tables   Donate to the Chicago Benefit

Date and Time
    Monday, October 15, 2018
    5:30 pm | Reception
    6:30 pm | Dinner, Program, and Entertainment

600 E. Grand Ave., Chicago
    Valet and general parking are available

Reservations Required
    Business Attire

Featuring
    Musical Performances by Rock & Roll Hall-of-Famers Eddie Vedder and Nils Lofgren and the Star of Chicago’s production of HAMILTON, Miguel Cervantes.

Headliners

A 20th anniversary toast by CURE Founder Susan Axelrod, recognizing 20 years of impact and emerging discoveries.

Spectacular Online Auction Items

• E-Street Band (Bruce Springsteen, Nils Lofgren, Roy Bittan, Charles Giordano, Patti Scialfa, Garry Tallent, Soozie Tyrell, Stevie Van Zandt, Max Weinberg) signed guitar and 2 tickets to Springsteen on Broadway
    • Trace Atkins signed guitar
    • Eric Church signed guitar
    • Toby Keith signed guitar
    • Keith Richards signed guitar
    • Paul Simon personalized and signed guitar
    • James Taylor signed guitar

More items to be added. Online bidding opens October 1, 2018.

Host Hotel Information
    Warwick Allerton – Chicago
    701 N Michigan Avenue
    Chicago, Illinois 60611

CURE Group Rate for night of 10/14/18: $299 (standard guest room)
    CURE Group Rate for night of 10/15/18: $265 (standard guest room)

Combining stunning historic architecture from the 1920s Jazz Era with modern features and services, Warwick Allerton - Chicago offers a perfect place to stay while visiting the Windy City. Conveniently situated on iconic Magnificent Mile in the heart of downtown Chicago, this timeless hotel features everything needed for an unforgettable experience, including sophisticated guest rooms and suites, upscale amenities, and close proximity to the area’s top points of interest.

To make reservations, please use any of the methods listed below and be sure to mention the CURE Room Block:
    Hotel Direct: 312 440 1500 Monday- Friday 6:30AM-6:00PM CST
    Toll-Free: 877 701 8111
    Facsimile: 312 440 1819
    Email: res.chicago@warwickhotels.com

Reservations must be made by September 21, 2018.

• manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Would love to go to something like this.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Not sure what else is going on Chicago that week but hotels are already heavily booked and available rooms really expensive
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    My father has epilepsy. It's been very unfortunate watching him get older and regress mentally. All because he was jumping on a bed and fell off when he was 8. 

I'm thrilled to see Ed spreading his resources to cover yet another charitable cause.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Not sure what else is going on Chicago that week but hotels are already heavily booked and available rooms really expensive
    Maybe people booking for potential cubs playoffs games
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    Would love to go to something like this.
    Same here.
  • Miguel Cervantes is an excellent Hamilton. His Daughter has epilepsy and has been very involved in epilepsy charities since coming here summer of 16. Great cause, great entertainment.

• Sibidy7Sibidy7 Posts: 188
    looks like you can buy a ticket for $400.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Thanks for the info, looks like an interesting event.
  • Really looking forward to this benefit... visit with some good friends in Chicago and be apart of a good cause. 
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Not sure what else is going on Chicago that week but hotels are already heavily booked and available rooms really expensive
    Maybe people booking for potential cubs playoffs games
    I was trying to figure out the Vedder relevance, lol.

This is great though.  I lost my brother to Epilepsy and I can fully support this.
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    I was invited to this today. So so excited! Great cause too.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
    I'm surprised that they capped it at $10k, but I guess without a pic of the guitar it's a gamble...
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    PB11041 said:
    This is a really nice connection to see.  My son Ian had epilepsy.  He passed away June 6, 2017 after a severe seizure and cardiac arrest.

Thankful to anyone who supports CURE.  As a fan, this is something that feels good to see.
    Oh man. I am so sorry to hear this.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    Might have to try and figure out a way into this.  Hard to say no when its like a block away, but a little tough financially.
    Online ticket sales are closed... still debating if the bank can handle it.
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    Hoping and trying to get into the building for this one. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Three uke songs from Eddie doesn’t sound that exciting.
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    I emailed and they replied that it is officially sold out.  Curious how long the sets would be myself.  
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    edited October 2018
    It's a benefit. My hunch is that it will probably be just a few songs.
    Tonight's the night!
  • I bet it'll be 10 songs, live cut to vinyl. A track featuring Bryant and Rizzo and one with Michelle and Barack Obama. This will be epic.

But seriously, whatever it ends up being, thanks for doing it Eddie.
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    3days said:
    It's a benefit. My hunch is that it will probably be just a few songs.
    He is specifically listed as the headliner under other promo stuff for this event, so maybe not.

I’m Just hoping for an eight song set at this point, can’t ask for much more and less would be kind of a letdown. I bet he’ll do RITFW with Nils.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    Dying to hear how this went! I'm home with the flu, and had to miss the benefit. I hope everyone is having a great time. Great cause and great lineup!
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale