Options

Cool Video on Garden

DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
https://youtu.be/G3ERuOdT9qY

What Makes This Song a Great has some great breakdowns of classic songs. Nice to see he didn’t go with a more obvious choice after having done Jeremy. Awhile back.

Comments

• Options
    cool find. ty 4 posting this
    ive been lucky to see this great tune played live and for ever instilled on my memory will be the version i saw from deer creek in 2010. it opened the last set of encores, caught me by total surprise, and it completely blew my mind. it's weird cause up till then i had somehow forgotten(?) about how great that song was but that show, that night,  put it all back into perspective. one of their absolute best!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    Awesome video once again. Garden was one of my favorite songs when that album first came out. Love the breakdown he does of all the parts and that funk drum playing of Krusen. The Ament bass line is so perfect.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    His "What Makes This Song Great" series is an obsession of mine.  Love how he breaks everything down, explains timing, notes, harmonies, etc.  It's actually made me appreciate some songs that I've overlooked throughout the years.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,958
    Great stuff....thanks for posting!
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,354
    edited October 2018
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    check out Rick Beato's Youtube page.  He does live streams all the time and is one degree of freedom from some of the best musicians in the world.  
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJquYOG5EL82sKTfH9aMA9Q
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Bump to this. Just was brought into the world of Rick Beato. Now I’m a huge YES fan due to his episode about them. Jeremy is awesome. The tool and Deftones ones are amazing too. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.