Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• TalonTedd said:
    What is more of a concern is the lack of respect JT gets for sticking it to the liar in chief.  What an uppercut to the deluded head Donald got.  What a complete nothing he proved to be on trade.  Justin held his ground....just like against Brazzaue in the boxing ring.  Remember when he TKOd that conservative blowhard.  Just like that.  Trump got TKOd by the weak Prime minister.   I love it.  So happy.

This remains to be seen.

The agreement is complex and the effects from it need to be experienced versus predicted before we begin to lay judgement. I can tell you that there are some interest groups (dairy farmers for example) that are concerned about it and do not feel as exuberant as you.

I'll concede the pencil necked geek this: he does stand up to Trump. With that said though... this is no big feat- who doesn't? Trump is hardly a seasoned and savvy politician skilled in the areas of diplomacy and international relations. He's a fumbling idiot that can't do a damn thing right. He can't even take a poop without getting toilet paper stuck on the bottom of his shoe- or discover it before he makes a public appearance and looks the fool.

I mean... a prostitute kicked his ass for f**ks sakes. 

I'm not a conservative by nature, but it'll be a cold day in Hell before I put my support to Trudeau again. He's been a failure. The image of him laughing when he was asked about how his haphazard screening system might have led to the murder of a Burnaby teen is something I'll never forget. He compromised the vetting system to satisfy a political target and not only was a Burnaby teen killed, but Syrian refugees (in need of various resources given the trauma the escaped from) were not adequately welcomed and resettled. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited October 2018
    I see they withdrew Bernardo weapons charge.  He has a parole hearing coming up. What a farce that him and Homolka are still breathing.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    He might as well have eliminated supply management in exchange for no tariffs on steal or autos written into the agreement.  He will take a political hit in quebec for further reduction in dairy products they produce. The farmers feel they’ve given up to much in past agreements.  As of now steel tariffs remain, the steel industry is not happy.  I do not like they we need to discuss future trade agreement with US or Mexico.    

I would have preferred erred a big-lateral deal with the US only.  Mexico should not be part of the agreement.  We can compete for 5/day or whatever crap pay they earn...

Trudeau does not deserve a second term, he will awarded a second term though.  The best we can hope for is a minority government.

Lets see if he applies a federal carbon tax.  That might be the political hit that keeps him with a minority.  The province’s that have backed away from imposing carbon taxes were smart.  Let PM Fluff take political by introducing the carbon tax.
    Give Peas A Chance…

'Our government sold us out': Critics at Ontario agricultural fair fearful of USMCA

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/ontario-dairy-farmers-usmca-1.4853756?cmp=FB_Post_News
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Ya'll up in here talkin bout Canada still?
  • This is going to be interesting.

A high-profile Canadian member of the so-called Islamic State has been caught while attempting to return to Canada, Global News has confirmed. Muhammad Ali, 28, who left Toronto in 2014 to join ISIS, was captured by Kurdish forces as he tried to flee from Syria to Turkey.

His capture is significant because, aside from serving as a sniper, Ali used social media to encourage others to join ISIS and conduct terrorist attacks. But it has placed the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in a difficult position. Kurdish officials want to hand Ali and a dozen other Canadians over to Ottawa. However, with the RCMP struggling to bring charges against Canadians who have taken part in overseas terror groups, there is no guarantee Ali would face arrest upon his return.

He spoke about playing soccer with severed heads, wrote that homosexuals “should be killed” and posted ISIS’s incitement lines, such as: “Kill the disbeliever whether he is civilian of military.” Following the deadly October 2014 terror attacks that killed Canadian soldiers in Quebec and Ottawa, he wrote, “First Ottawa, then Quebec. Strike them, just as they strike your brothers and sisters.” “If you are unable to make hijra [travel abroad], know that you have permission to strike them in their lands. Kill a kaffir [non-believer] and secure you [sic] place in Jannah [heaven],” another post read.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/exclusive-canadian-member-of-islamic-state-caught-but-it’s-unclear-what-charges-he-might-face/ar-BBO6WO6?ocid=edgsp

This is going to be interesting.

A high-profile Canadian member of the so-called Islamic State has been caught while attempting to return to Canada, Global News has confirmed. Muhammad Ali, 28, who left Toronto in 2014 to join ISIS, was captured by Kurdish forces as he tried to flee from Syria to Turkey.

His capture is significant because, aside from serving as a sniper, Ali used social media to encourage others to join ISIS and conduct terrorist attacks. But it has placed the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in a difficult position. Kurdish officials want to hand Ali and a dozen other Canadians over to Ottawa. However, with the RCMP struggling to bring charges against Canadians who have taken part in overseas terror groups, there is no guarantee Ali would face arrest upon his return.

He spoke about playing soccer with severed heads, wrote that homosexuals “should be killed” and posted ISIS’s incitement lines, such as: “Kill the disbeliever whether he is civilian of military.” Following the deadly October 2014 terror attacks that killed Canadian soldiers in Quebec and Ottawa, he wrote, “First Ottawa, then Quebec. Strike them, just as they strike your brothers and sisters.” “If you are unable to make hijra [travel abroad], know that you have permission to strike them in their lands. Kill a kaffir [non-believer] and secure you [sic] place in Jannah [heaven],” another post read.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/exclusive-canadian-member-of-islamic-state-caught-but-it’s-unclear-what-charges-he-might-face/ar-BBO6WO6?ocid=edgsp

Trudeau is giving him a foot massage and stroking his ego.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I knew this would work out. The alternative was just too ridiculous, even with Trump in office.

In major shift, the U.S. says it won’t ban Canadian pot workers

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Blatant hypocrisy.

Crucifix represents Christian values but isn't a religious symbol, Quebec's incoming premier says

François Legault defends keeping cross in legislature while banning religious symbols for others

The crucifix hanging in Quebec's National Assembly is a historical symbol, not a religious one, even though it represents the Christian values of the province's two colonial ancestors, premier-designate François Legault said Thursday.

Legault made the comments as he defended his decision to keep the crucifix in the legislature while moving forward with plans to ban certain civil servants from wearing religious symbols.

"We have to understand our past," Legault told reporters in Yerevan, Armenia, where he is attending the summit of the Francophonie.

The crucifix, he said, invokes the role of French Catholics and British Protestants in Quebec's history. He made no mention of Indigenous people.

"In our past we had Protestants and Catholics. They built the values we have in Quebec. We have to recognize that and not mix that with religious signs." 

The crucifix was installed above the speaker's chair in the National Assembly in 1936. A government-commissioned report into secularism and identity issues recommended in 2008 that it be removed, but no government has done so. 

Since his Coalition Avenir Québec won a majority in last week's provincial election, Legault has said one of his priorities will be preventing civil servants in "positions of authority" from wearing religious symbols, such as hijabs and kippas.

Among those to be affected are police officers, provincial judges, prison guards and teachers. The move is necessary, according to Legault, in order to protect Quebec's secular society. 

He raised his plans in a meeting earlier Thursday with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who is also in Yerevan attending the Francophonie summit and who has publicly opposed Legault's proposal. 

"This is a ... delicate issue with Mr. Trudeau," Legault said in an interview with Radio-Canada.

"I told him I want to do this quickly. It's an issue that has lingered for 10 years, and now there is a consensus in Quebec."

Asked whether he feared a confrontation with Ottawa over the issue, Legault added: "Quebec is a nation. It is a distinct society. We have support. We just received a clear mandate in the election. I think all that has to be taken into account."

Along with religious symbols, Legault also raised his immigration polices with Trudeau.  

The incoming premier informed the prime minister that Quebec intends to accept 20 per cent fewer immigrants next year.

Legault also told Trudeau that Quebec will add language and value requirements for immigrants seeking to settle in the province.

Though immigration falls under federal jurisdiction, Quebec has an agreement with Ottawa that allows it to select its own economic immigrants.

According to Legault's account of the meeting, Trudeau raised the possibility that Quebec would be able to alter how it selects immigrants without reopening that agreement.

"He wasn't certain that we would need to modify the agreement between Quebec and Ottawa," Legault said in the Radio-Canada interview.

He added that representatives from the province would meet federal officials in the coming weeks to detail the "new immigration model that my government will put in place."  

Legault is scheduled to appoint a cabinet next week.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-francois-legault-crucifix-religious-symbols-1.4858757
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Quebec is going to do what quebec wants.  Why worry about it?  The new premier has already stated he will use the not withstanding clause if need be...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    edited October 2018
    TalonTedd said:
    What is more of a concern is the lack of respect JT gets for sticking it to the liar in chief.  What an uppercut to the deluded head Donald got.  What a complete nothing he proved to be on trade.  Justin held his ground....just like against Brazzaue in the boxing ring.  Remember when he TKOd that conservative blowhard.  Just like that.  Trump got TKOd by the weak Prime minister.   I love it.  So happy.

This remains to be seen.

The agreement is complex and the effects from it need to be experienced versus predicted before we begin to lay judgement. I can tell you that there are some interest groups (dairy farmers for example) that are concerned about it and do not feel as exuberant as you.

I'll concede the pencil necked geek this: he does stand up to Trump. With that said though... this is no big feat- who doesn't? Trump is hardly a seasoned and savvy politician skilled in the areas of diplomacy and international relations. He's a fumbling idiot that can't do a damn thing right. He can't even take a poop without getting toilet paper stuck on the bottom of his shoe- or discover it before he makes a public appearance and looks the fool.

I mean... a prostitute kicked his ass for f**ks sakes. 

I'm not a conservative by nature, but it'll be a cold day in Hell before I put my support to Trudeau again. He's been a failure. The image of him laughing when he was asked about how his haphazard screening system might have led to the murder of a Burnaby teen is something I'll never forget. He compromised the vetting system to satisfy a political target and not only was a Burnaby teen killed, but Syrian refugees (in need of various resources given the trauma the escaped from) were not adequately welcomed and resettled. 
    So what's the alternative.  Conservatives and the politics of denial.  NDP and who knows where that goes.  If Doug Ford is any indication of PC politics than I cant fo there.  It's to ignorant.  
    JT isn't perfect but hes better than the alternatives.  That said here is one of my few hard lines.  If you left this country an adult to kill in the name of ISIS or any enemy of our secular way of life than live and die with that decision.  I'll argue all day long Omar Kadar is not in that profile.  He deserved his rights.
    The rest of the deranged jihadists et al can suck it.
    Post edited by TalonTedd on
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
    Who the fuck would you vote for in Ontario...the Wynnbag?  She’s the biggest fuckin crook in ontario political hidtory...fuck that bitch Horwath, the 3 time loser, who supported dirt bag candidates who attacked the legion, Christmas and the police ... fuck that bitch and the NDP.  Unfortunately Ford was the best of the 3...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Canadian pot smokers not welcome at the border — U.S. Customs and Border Protection

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/canadian-pot-smokers-not-welcome-at-the-border-u-s-customs-and-border-protection?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1539370809

yup...you’ll be taking chances...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    You know how big a fucking dirtbag Wynn is, she gave pharma care to anyone under 25, wtf...it’s the over 50 crowd that needs pharmacare, she is the most disgusting vile politicician Ontario has ever had...fuck that bitch..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Who the fuck would you vote for in Ontario...the Wynnbag?  She’s the biggest fuckin crook in ontario political hidtory...fuck that bitch Horwath, the 3 time loser, who supported dirt bag candidates who attacked the legion, Christmas and the police ... fuck that bitch and the NDP.  Unfortunately Ford was the best of the 3...
    Jesus. I'm starting to think someone has a problem with women. Tone it the fuck down.
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    You know how big a fucking dirtbag Wynn is, she gave pharma care to anyone under 25, wtf...it’s the over 50 crowd that needs pharmacare, she is the most disgusting vile politicician Ontario has ever had...fuck that bitch..
    It's called breaking the ice.  Then you expand later to include all.  In the all inclusive democratic society.  Little steps....so deranged misguided jerks like you dont fo any more postal than usual.....
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
    Vancouver Island leads the way in medically assisted deaths in Canada by a wide margin. There is some speculation why in this article, but I hope that someone is studying this, given the size of the gap.

https://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/island-records-highest-rate-of-assisted-death-in-canada-1.23464785
    Vancouver Island leads the way in medically assisted deaths in Canada by a wide margin. There is some speculation why in this article, but I hope that someone is studying this, given the size of the gap.

https://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/island-records-highest-rate-of-assisted-death-in-canada-1.23464785
    I haven't read a thing, but my first thought was how there simply seems to be a disproportionately large contingent of seniors on the Island. Tons of people retire to the Island... Also, the Island is pretty damn liberal compared to most other places, and I think liberals are more likely to take advantage of doctor assisted suicide.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

I haven't read a thing, but my first thought was how there simply seems to be a disproportionately large contingent of seniors on the Island. Tons of people retire to the Island... Also, the Island is pretty damn liberal compared to most other places, and I think liberals are more likely to take advantage of doctor assisted suicide.
    I think my comment came off as concerned. It’s not; I’m just interested. 

They speculate that BC has always been ahead of the curve in this issue, back to Sue Rodriguez, plus we apparently have more willing doctors than other areas, so the demand is being met. 
    PJ_Soul said:

I think my comment came off as concerned. It’s not; I’m just interested. 

They speculate that BC has always been ahead of the curve in this issue, back to Sue Rodriguez, plus we apparently have more willing doctors than other areas, so the demand is being met. 
    Far fewer religious people in BC I think, compared to the rest of Canada. Thank goodness.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited October 2018
    Getting so legally high in about 3 and half hours
    BS44325 said:
    I will this weekend I think. Have fun and congrats everyone.
    dignin said:
    BS44325 said:
    Better do it tonight...it will be uncool by the weekend.
    BS44325 said:
    dignin said:
    BS44325 said:
    Better do it tonight...it will be uncool by the weekend.
    I know I'm uncool and I'm cool with that.
    BS44325 said:
    I'm getting high illegally for the last time right now. It's like the end of an era, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:
    I'm getting high illegally for the last time right now. It's like the end of an era, lol.
    FREEDOM!
    edited October 2018
    Been Toking legally for years...

Scheer accuses Trudeau government of ‘proactively’ reaching out to ‘Jihadi Jack

https://globalnews.ca/news/4557701/andrew-scheer-trudeau-jihadi-jack/?utm_source=GlobalNational&utm_medium=Facebook

Leave the fucker in Syria to rot.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Been Toking legally for years...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4557701/andrew-scheer-trudeau-jihadi-jack/?utm_source=GlobalNational&utm_medium=Facebook

Not surprised in the least.

This is why Mr. Purple Socks will last one term. Big achievement with the dope. Massive failures on too many other areas. He wasn't ready after all. I had such hopes too. Oh well.

I like the parents showing pictures of the psycho: He's such a nice boy. Here's one of him on a slide at the park... here he's feeding a duck... here he's beheading his first journalist!
    Been Toking legally for years...

This is why Mr. Purple Socks will last one term. Big achievement with the dope. Massive failures on too many other areas. He wasn't ready after all. I had such hopes too. Oh well.

I like the parents showing pictures of the psycho: He's such a nice boy. Here's one of him on a slide at the park... here he's feeding a duck... here he's beheading his first journalist!
    Trudeau gets along well with the criminal element.  It seems criminals and liberals go hand in hand these days...

To hell with the allies who sacrificed soldiers lives against these scum.  Money for criminals, no money for returning vets...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Been Toking legally for years...

Trudeau gets along well with the criminal element.  It seems criminals and liberals go hand in hand these days...

To hell with the allies who sacrificed soldiers lives against these scum.  Money for criminals, no money for returning vets...

The pendulum has swung way too far and is now in the process of swinging back.

I said it before, but this is why we such dorks like Doug Ford get elected. Moderates are moving to the right side of the spectrum- tired of the ridiculous mentality on display for certain things such as 'crime and punishment' (which includes the extensive program dedicated to the safe return and rehabilitation of ISIS fighters that are done playing terrorist).

Trudeau accelerated the speed of the pendulum swing in my opinion. Disastrous pipeline issue and other blunders aside, his enthusiastic endorsement for extremely high profile, unpopular, and distasteful decisions made in the favour of obscene people have many Canadians beside themselves.

Remember when he interrupted a concerned forum to correct 'mankind' to 'peoplekind'? Was he serious? Was it a joke? Who cares? It was idiotic and showed either (a) that he cared little for what was being expressed to him and decided to toss in some humour as he pretended to listen... or (b) he actually thinks like that.

Either scenario makes him to be a person unfit for such a position. He looks like a rose compared to the obnoxious weed south of us... but he's pretty bad.