2018/2019 NBA Thread

New season!

Now that Lebron is on the West who is going to emerge in the east?  76ers?  Boston?  Toronto?

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    edited October 2018
    Celtics if healthy will dominate the east.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Poncier said:
    Celtics if healthy will dominate the east.
    This..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Dejounte Murray SAS PG torn ACL

i was excited to see him develop... not this year
    their draft pick Lonnie Walker torn Meniscus,, out 8 weeks

2 bad breaks

keep hearing KD possibly to Knicks... I call BS. Dolan would have to get swallowed up by the Bermuda Triangle for it to happen
    Celtics should win the East.... better coach than Toronto and Philly
  • CROJAM95 said:
    Dejounte Murray SAS PG torn ACL

i was excited to see him develop... not this year
    their draft pick Lonnie Walker torn Meniscus,, out 8 weeks

2 bad breaks

keep hearing KD possibly to Knicks... I call BS. Dolan would have to get swallowed up by the Bermuda Triangle for it to happen
    THIS will never happen.

I laughed when people were talking about Lebron going there too.  Laughable.

The Knicks are a mess.
  • Whatever became of the tweeting scandal in Philly?  What was the end result?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Whatever became of the tweeting scandal in Philly?  What was the end result?
    Colangelo fired.

Elton Brand now the GM
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    go sixers
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    CROJAM95 said:
    Yep - Brad Stevens has shown that he is currently the best coach in the NBA, and he gets to add Hayward and Irving into that team! They SHOULD comfortably win the East and if all healthy, could give the Warriors and good go in the Finals.

Toronto and Philly should be next in line, but Indiana will push hard for 4th I think. Sabonis will have a break out year for them off the bench (if he stays there). Bucks should be around that mark too and then the Wizards. 

In the West, GSW should be at top of conference and I really think Utah will have a great year. Very solid TEAM, with valuable contributors all over the place
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • cutz said:
    Whatever became of the tweeting scandal in Philly?  What was the end result?
    Colangelo fired.

Elton Brand now the GM
    Oh yes that's right!  I remember asking if Brand was a good fit.  Let's hope so.  Nice to see a player go front office like that.
  • No Coder said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Yep - Brad Stevens has shown that he is currently the best coach in the NBA, and he gets to add Hayward and Irving into that team! They SHOULD comfortably win the East and if all healthy, could give the Warriors and good go in the Finals.

Toronto and Philly should be next in line, but Indiana will push hard for 4th I think. Sabonis will have a break out year for them off the bench (if he stays there). Bucks should be around that mark too and then the Wizards. 

In the West, GSW should be at top of conference and I really think Utah will have a great year. Very solid TEAM, with valuable contributors all over the place
    Not putting in much stock for a healthy Kawhi in Toronto, huh?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    celtics in the east.

jazz move up a few spots in the west if, for once, they stay relatively healthy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So, how much is he going to pay?

Rockets owner 'would love' Butler, but unwilling to give up required assets
    2h ago
    Ronald Martinez / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Tilman Fertitta has been extremely blunt when it comes to his team's pursuit of Jimmy Butler. The Houston Rockets owner says he "would love" to add the discontent All-Star to his squad, though the Minnesota Timberwolves' asking price has evidently ended the conversation.

“We would love to see Jimmy come home to Houston. It’s not a financial decision, it’s an assets decision on our part," Fertitta told SB Nation's Steven Godfrey. "We’ve got a great basketball team. We think we’re as good as anybody in the league. We’re not going to give up unreasonable assets, to break up this team, to get Jimmy Butler. But we would love to have him.”

The Timberwolves' asking price has been a major and constant obstacle. This past weekend, a prospective deal with the Miami Heat reportedly fell apart at the proverbial one-yard line after the Timberwolves attempted to increase its return with a last-minute demand.

The Rockets are coming off the winningest season in franchise history, leading the league with 65 wins while taking the Golden State Warriors to Game 7 of the Western Conference finals.

While Butler has reportedly made his desire to be traded away from the Timberwolves well known, Fertitta's remarks could spark some blow-back from the league office. The NBA penalized the Los Angeles Lakers in the past year for breaking the league's anti-tampering rules. Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka drew a $500,000 fine for making contact with then-Indiana Pacers star Paul George, and team president Magic Johnson drew an additional $50,000 fine for making flattering comments about Milwaukee Bucksstar Giannis Antetokounmpo.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Wobbie said: jazz move up a few spots in the west if, for once, they stay relatively healthy.
    Go Jazz!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • cutz said:

2h ago

Tilman Fertitta has been extremely blunt when it comes to his team's pursuit of Jimmy Butler. The Houston Rockets owner says he "would love" to add the discontent All-Star to his squad, though the Minnesota Timberwolves' asking price has evidently ended the conversation.

“We would love to see Jimmy come home to Houston. It’s not a financial decision, it’s an assets decision on our part," Fertitta told SB Nation's Steven Godfrey. "We’ve got a great basketball team. We think we’re as good as anybody in the league. We’re not going to give up unreasonable assets, to break up this team, to get Jimmy Butler. But we would love to have him.”

The Timberwolves' asking price has been a major and constant obstacle. This past weekend, a prospective deal with the Miami Heat reportedly fell apart at the proverbial one-yard line after the Timberwolves attempted to increase its return with a last-minute demand.

The Rockets are coming off the winningest season in franchise history, leading the league with 65 wins while taking the Golden State Warriors to Game 7 of the Western Conference finals.

While Butler has reportedly made his desire to be traded away from the Timberwolves well known, Fertitta's remarks could spark some blow-back from the league office. The NBA penalized the Los Angeles Lakers in the past year for breaking the league's anti-tampering rules. Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka drew a $500,000 fine for making contact with then-Indiana Pacers star Paul George, and team president Magic Johnson drew an additional $50,000 fine for making flattering comments about Milwaukee Bucksstar Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Butler is good but is he a cancer?
    I love hoops

but all these guys whining to get traded every 5 minutes is fucking lame

Just sign one year deals then
    edited October 2018
    cutz said:

2h ago

Yes, you're right about Butler, but i was asking how much the owner will get fined for possible tampering?

Though, here's what is being reported of Butler at practice(if true, they HAVE to get rid of this guy)

• cutz said:
    cutz said:

2h ago

Yes, you're right about Butler, but i was asking how much the owner will get fined for possible tampering?

Though, here's what is being reported of Butler at practice(if true, they HAVE to get rid of this guy)

I watched the "I love basketball" Sprewell special and still can't believe he had a job after strangling his coach not once but twice!

If I were an owner I would never, I mean NEVER, hire a cancer like that.  Calling out the management is one thing but calling out the team just makes for bad chemistry.
    No Coder said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Not putting in much stock for a healthy Kawhi in Toronto, huh?
    I think Toronto should sit around 3rd spot, and obviously a healthy Kawhi is better than Derozan, but I don't rate Lowry that highly. Don't think they are good enough right now to seriously challenge for a championship, but they should still win 50 and can possibly make the EC Finals. Derozan was also the heart of that team, so they may miss that side of him more than they know

• cutz said:
    cutz said:

2h ago

I watched the "I love basketball" Sprewell special and still can't believe he had a job after strangling his coach not once but twice!

If I were an owner I would never, I mean NEVER, hire a cancer like that.  Calling out the management is one thing but calling out the team just makes for bad chemistry.
    I thought more about this and maybe I am missing something with the reporting.  If Butler was challenging his teammates then I dismiss my previous statement and that is good for the team.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Trade Butler to OK City.  
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    cutz said:
    cutz said:

2h ago

I thought more about this and maybe I am missing something with the reporting.  If Butler was challenging his teammates then I dismiss my previous statement and that is good for the team.
    I don't know...screaming at your coach and GM during the practice doesn't seem like it would be good for the team.  Butler is acting like a child because he can't get his way.  That's ridiculous...glad the Bulls got rid of him.  No team is winning a championship with Butler as their main guy.
    Back when the Bulls traded Butler everyone said they were getting 50 cents on the dollar in that trade and that the Wolves were the clear winner.  Maybe the Bulls knew that 50 cents on the dollar was actually a good deal.  Like someone trading a supercar that they know is a lemon to an unsuspecting sucker.  

Lucky for Butler the New York Knicks exist so he will eventually get paid.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Jason P said:
    Back when the Bulls traded Butler everyone said they were getting 50 cents on the dollar in that trade and that the Wolves were the clear winner.  Maybe the Bulls knew that 50 cents on the dollar was actually a good deal.  Like someone trading a supercar that they know is a lemon to an unsuspecting sucker.  

That trade is looking pretty damn good right now.  Like I said above, you're not winning a title with Butler as your main guy.  And yep, there are a lot of dumb teams out there that will gladly give him a max deal.  
    Jason P said:

As a Bulls fan, I was happy to see him traded. I liked him, but he's not good enough to be the Number 1 Superstar on a Championship team, so I preferred we hit reset. I don't love Lavine, but Lauri was a great pick in the draft, and Dunn is  a very good defensive PG who is slowly improving in other aspects. Bulls FO will continually find ways to stuff this up, but we have added some nice pieces, Carter Jr,. Can't see Parker working out though, as his D is woeful and he can't really play the 3

• Jason P said:

HAHAHAHAH!!!  This is soooo true!
  • LA GS on tonight.  I know it's pre season but I'll switch back and forth with the Dodger game.
    Jason P said:

That trade is looking pretty damn good right now.  Like I said above, you're not winning a title with Butler as your main guy.  And yep, there are a lot of dumb teams out there that will gladly give him a max deal.  
    I had to go through this Butler-type antics with Paul George as a Pacers fan.  George basically poured gas on any trade value he had due to his ego.  Well, the Pacers traded their best player since Reggie and the team got better last year. (although I will admit that Oladipo gets superpowers from either playing in the hoosier state ... or maybe it is because he doesn't have to watch westbrook shoot 85 shots a game too)
    Joakim Noah gets to go live on the Bobby Bonilla party boat for a few years.  Living the goddamn dream. 

Almost wants to make me move to NY to find a job.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Can wait to see Hayward tonight..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..