The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Beers for tonight....Go. Birds.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

I love October, even if the weather does suck this year.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

Those look fantastic! Cheers!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Wish I was able to find stuff from Maine Beer Company around these parts...that looks great.

Another phenomenal beer from Saint Errant Brewing.  If you're in Chicago and see anything from them, get it.  Great stuff...

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

How’s the sweet potato ale?
    cape May is sooooo good. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Wish I was able to find stuff from Maine Beer Company around these parts...that looks great.

Another phenomenal beer from Saint Errant Brewing.  If you're in Chicago and see anything from them, get it.  Great stuff...

Looks great man! Did you enter the Prop Day lotto? If so, any luck? 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    mcgruff10 said:

cape May is sooooo good. 
    Really good! It's from Vault, which is in Yardley outside of Philly. It's comparable to something like a Fall seasonal/pumpkin beer but more subdued (pushes nerd glasses).

Cape May is great. I was going to pick up the Evacuation, too, but that Double IPA is dangerous. It definitely does not drink like a Double IPA.

bbiggs said:

No luck here...how about you?  My brother and 2 of my friends entered everyday and none of us got anything. Brutal.
    bbiggs said:

No luck here...how about you?  My brother and 2 of my friends entered everyday and none of us got anything. Brutal.
    No luck. Entered religiously every day. Entered my wife as well and still no dice. However, I just found out my friend’s father in law has an air tight connection with a GI distributor. He feels strongly that he can get me at least one, maybe two of each of the variants. Fingers crossed. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    mcgruff10 said:

cape May is sooooo good. 
    Really good! It's from Vault, which is in Yardley outside of Philly. It's comparable to something like a Fall seasonal/pumpkin beer but more subdued (pushes nerd glasses).

Cape May is great. I was going to pick up the Evacuation, too, but that Double IPA is dangerous. It definitely does not drink like a Double IPA.

The cape may double ipa is dangerous!!!!!  That stuff will knock you on your ass quick.
    23scidoo said:
    Forget the beer...I want to go to wherever that picture was taken! 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    bbiggs said:
    23scidoo said:
    Forget the beer...I want to go to wherever that picture was taken! 
    Paros island..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

No luck. Entered religiously every day. Entered my wife as well and still no dice. However, I just found out my friend’s father in law has an air tight connection with a GI distributor. He feels strongly that he can get me at least one, maybe two of each of the variants. Fingers crossed. 
    Nice!  A good friend works for a beer distributor and is in and out of liquor stores making deliveries all day so he always gets hooked up with the good stuff so he should be able to get most of the variants.  Love bourbon county season...glad that GI keeps Chicago well stocked even after they sold out to AB.
    Hailstorm IPA. They have been putting out some fantastic beer lately.

bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Nice!  A good friend works for a beer distributor and is in and out of liquor stores making deliveries all day so he always gets hooked up with the good stuff so he should be able to get most of the variants.  Love bourbon county season...glad that GI keeps Chicago well stocked even after they sold out to AB.
    That’s awesome. Hopefully your friend can hook you up. I’m determined to get a nice November haul of BCS. If I have to line up in Lincoln Park on Black Friday, so be it. First 1,000 in line get wristbands and can purchase all of the variants. That’s only if my buddy doesn’t come through first. 
    Another outstanding Brickstone IPA. Such an underrated brewery.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:

That looks delicious. Have yet to try Brickstone, but I hear they are a quality brewery. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    bbiggs said:

That looks delicious. Have yet to try Brickstone, but I hear they are a quality brewery. 
    I highly recommend it. They’re in Bourbonnais, so I’m not sure how far that is from you. 
    I bought a good barrel-aged stout yesterday (Central Waters Barleywine Ale). I’m going to let it sit for a while before drinking. I don’t have a cellar or temperature controlled conditions where I can store it at 50-60 degrees in darkness. That said, would it be better to keep it in my beer fridge or room temperature basement (basement gets humid in Summer)?  Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks. 
    bbiggs said:

Thanks bud for costing me a few thousand dollars. I showed this photo to my wife....now she wants to paint the cabinets, go granite, and switch up the flooring.  Awesome. Nice work. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Thanks bud for costing me a few thousand dollars. I showed this photo to my wife....now she wants to paint the cabinets, go granite, and switch up the flooring.  Awesome. Nice work. 
    Lol!  Sorry man! We had ours painted too. Saves a TON of dough rather than replacing. The flooring is where you’re gonna get cracked the hardest. 
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Lol!  Sorry man! We had ours painted too. Saves a TON of dough rather than replacing. The flooring is where you’re gonna get cracked the hardest. 
    Was it easy to paint?  You do it yourselves?
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

I hired a guy to do it who was very reasonably priced. The amount of time it took to sand and put multiple coats on was well worth paying for IMO. I’ll shoot you a PM regarding price for reference if you’re shopping services. I don’t recall but my wife will know. 
    edited October 2018
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

I hired a guy to do it who was very reasonably priced. The amount of time it took to sand and put multiple coats on was well worth paying for IMO. I’ll shoot you a PM regarding price for reference if you’re shopping services. I don’t recall but my wife will know. 
    Awesome. Thank you. My house is twenty years old and everything is original. When we moved in three years ago there was pink rugs everywhere and gold in every room .  Cool in 95 but disgusting now. 

• rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Starting the evening with this by frontaal from Holland. Decent and very drinkable.
    bbiggs said:

I picked that one up the other day too. Really like it....has a nice bite to it on the aftertaste.  Their hazy series of beers have all been very good.
    bbiggs said:

I picked that one up the other day too. Really like it....has a nice bite to it on the aftertaste.  Their hazy series of beers have all been very good.
    Totally agree. Their entire hazy series has been good. I’ve talked about it ad nauseam, but their flagship APA is one of the best beers for the money. I always keep it on hand in the fridge. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Representing Greenbush during my tailgating experience. 

Great beer, great collegiate football program!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    ^ Kick ass! I’ve only been to Notre Dame Stadium once in ‘05...such an awesome experience!