MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    complete dud of a 1st round
  • MayDay10 said:
    How so?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Astros still look like the team to beat.  Their pitching is unmatched and the hitting speaks for itself.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    MayDay10 said:
    How so?
    No drama.  Lots of uneven games.  Brewers and astros swept, Los angeles won pretty convincingly.  If boston wins tonight without drama, id say that series was/is a colossal disappointment.

The DS over the past few years have been really strong.  
  • MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    How so?
    No drama.  Lots of uneven games.  Brewers and astros swept, Los angeles won pretty convincingly.  If boston wins tonight without drama, id say that series was/is a colossal disappointment.

The DS over the past few years have been really strong.  
    Gotcha.  I'd agree with that.

Yanks win tonight.

Astros are the team to beat right now.  They have 4 all-stars on that team in Bregman, Altuve, Correa and Springer.  Riddick and Gurriel aren't bad by any means either.

The other All-stars in their pitching staff are pretty damn good too.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    MayDay10 said:
    How so?
    how so? 3 of 4 series were completely non-competitive. first round ought to be seven gamers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:
    How so?
    how so? 3 of 4 series were completely non-competitive. first round ought to be seven gamers.
    I actually want hem to  be 7 games but doing it this way changes the way the game is played and I appreciate that.  It makes the teams have to change things up.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:
    How so?
    Agreed.  These 5 game series are ridiculous.  The season is already way too long...what's another couple games in the 1st round of the playoffs??
    Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:
    How so?
    Agreed.  These 5 game series are ridiculous.  The season is already way too long...what's another couple games in the 1st round of the playoffs??
      not that you'd want to copy the interminable NBA playoffs, but they do three 7 gamers to even get to the Finals.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    mfc2006 said:
    cutz said:
    He has a valid point. They’re the defending champs, but they played the early game. 
    ratings. If they were playing the Yankees or Red Sox this round they would be in the primetime slot
    I miss igotid88
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    5 game divisional round ftw. No need to drag the playoffs out more. Get the first round over with and get it down to the real contenders.

The NBA season isn’t worth a crap til the conference finals anyway, sp who care what their postseason schedule looks like.
    DewieCox said:
    5 game divisional round ftw. No need to drag the playoffs out more. Get the first round over with and get it down to the real contenders.

The NBA season isn’t worth a crap til the conference finals anyway, sp who care what their postseason schedule looks like.

NBA is a joke....shit teams make the playoffs....conversely, every MLB team that got in was legit....even the rockies.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    igotid88 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    cutz said:
    He has a valid point. They’re the defending champs, but they played the early game. 
    ratings. If they were playing the Yankees or Red Sox this round they would be in the primetime slot
    I get it, but the defending champions should be in prime time. Just my $0.02.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    igotid88 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    cutz said:
    I get it, but the defending champions should be in prime time. Just my $0.02.

they’ll be in primetime right up til they win their back to back.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I hate this shit, even tho my Giants rode Bumgarner to the 2014 title....Sale out of the bullpen.....it’s like the d-bags fraudulent title where it was johnson schilling johnson schilling johnson schilling.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    suck it yankees
    Smellyman said:
    fuck you red sox
    fixed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Wobbie said:
    DewieCox said:

NBA is a joke....shit teams make the playoffs....
    That's right, the Jazz did make the playoffs last year. Not that anyone remembers.

This weekend we rock Portland
    Wobbie said:
    I hate this shit, even tho my Giants rode Bumgarner to the 2014 title....Sale out of the bullpen.....it’s like the d-bags fraudulent title where it was johnson schilling johnson schilling johnson schilling.
    You mean the Dbacks title where they outscored the Yankees 37-14?  And does that mean the Giants title in 2014 is fraudulent?
    How does MLB continue to let Angel Hernandez call playoff games???  The guy is a horrible umpire.  He filed that absurd lawsuit last year that he was getting passed over for a crew chief spot and postseason games because of race and then suddenly he is in the playoffs last year and again this year.  What a joke.
    Wobbie said:
    You mean the Dbacks title where they outscored the Yankees 37-14?  And does that mean the Giants title in 2014 is fraudulent?
    did they? I'm bitter about that one. d-bags were going bankrupt and smilin' bud selig loaned them $25M so they could get schilling.

didn't brenley win the WS in his first year as manager and then get canned? I know their  korean(?) closer blew ever save opportunity he had. johnson and schilling were the only reason they won.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    did they? I'm bitter about that one. d-bags were going bankrupt and smilin' bud selig loaned them $25M so they could get schilling.

didn't brenley win the WS in his first year as manager and then get canned? I know their  korean(?) closer blew ever save opportunity he had. johnson and schilling were the only reason they won.
    That's 2001 world series is one of the best world series ever.  That closer Kim blew 2 games in a row in the 9th in new york.  It was wild
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

They were Co-MVPs but I wouldn't say they were the only reason.  Their bats had a lot to do with it.  If it weren't for Kim, it would've been a 4-1 series.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

They were Co-MVPs but I wouldn't say they were the only reason.  Their bats had a lot to do with it.  If it weren't for Kim, it would've been a 4-1 series.
    and if Torre didn't have the infield in with Mariano on the mound the Yankees would have won g7
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

and if Torre didn't have the infield in with Mariano on the mound the Yankees would have won g7
    If Mariano didn't sail that ball over second base into the outfield it would have been over too...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Nick Sentzel headed for surgery and won't play AFL.  Grrr.

Also just saw that the ALCS has a crew chief named.....Joe West!
    Wow, the go from Angel Idiot to Country Joe.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

he's cowboy joe.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    See the source image

:)=)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Nick Sentzel headed for surgery and won't play AFL.  Grrr.

That is a damn shame.  Pretty cool that he is switching to outfield though.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

That is a damn shame.  Pretty cool that he is switching to outfield though.
    He's good enough to be up now and his spots in the IF are blocked.  Would be fine with them trading one of the other guys for SP, but that is at a premium
    The love he receives is the love that is saved