psst...10/10/2018

Comments

• SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    Damn and blast, I missed the Rome poster. I sure hope someone has a spare
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    MayDay10 said:
    Some are incredible prints though.  Demand is doubled due to flipping and people actually desiring the artwork.  This falls under that category.  This one, Portland, Some Munk Ones like EV Seattle and Pittsburgh, The Catch.
    I paid big bucks for Portland 2013 on ebay.  I don't regret it.  I also recall the merchandise lines nearly wrapping around the entire stadium. I guess I paid the price to avoid that line.  And I'm ok with that.  Standing outside in Portland in late November rain for hours (yes, queue up Axl Rose) wasn't appealing. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834

After all that ... After lining up on the day in June.... After missing out on AP.... That is very sad. 

I can trade Prague or Barcelona or London 2 or Amsterdam 1 for a Roma....

• It's funny....I got an awesome EV Ohana poster and feel as if I am taking home today's ugly stepsister....
  • madhat181 said:

5886 not making the Thomas 9 mistake today!
    Did you want this one more or the Thomas?
    Being from Europe this one definitely.
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    VanEyck said:
    VanEyck said:

@HollisBrown is right! Limited to 500, that's gotta be a fraction of the run for Roma...
    8x10 digital print for $60+ with an edition of 500 is not a good deal.
    What do you mean by digital print?
    Digital print -printed from a PC- not a silkscreen 
    It's a terrible deal and just a quick way for Emek to make $30k.  I'd do the same thing hah.
    Again.... nothing on the EMEK site says it's a "digital print".  Plus, there's a pic of one of these floating around out there that shows that they are each signed, numbered, doodled, and embossed.  Not a bad deal at all.  44 of them left as of 1:50 EST!  :)
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
    mikeliska said:
    I was looking at one of the sellers for the Rome print on eBay and that's exactly what they are.  Just tons of expensive posters from different bands.  If you can deal with a little immorality, pretty easy way to make some bucks.
    Wait a second here...you think it is IMMORAL to flip merch?  I just sold a ten box set for $15 more than I paid for it so does that mean in your opinion I am a bad an unethical person? 
  • It's funny....I got an awesome EV Ohana poster and feel as if I am taking home today's ugly stepsister....
     =) 
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Am I the only one here waiting for another unknown gold?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Milestone said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Some are incredible prints though.  Demand is doubled due to flipping and people actually desiring the artwork.  This falls under that category.  This one, Portland, Some Munk Ones like EV Seattle and Pittsburgh, The Catch.
    I paid big bucks for Portland 2013 on ebay.  I don't regret it.  I also recall the merchandise lines nearly wrapping around the entire stadium. I guess I paid the price to avoid that line.  And I'm ok with that.  Standing outside in Portland in late November rain for hours (yes, queue up Axl Rose) wasn't appealing. 
    Yeah, there's no doubt my buddy & I lucked out with Portland. He flew in from Dallas & we decided to head to Moda after I picked him up from PDX around lunchtime. We were maybe 30th in line.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    mikeliska said:
    I was looking at one of the sellers for the Rome print on eBay and that's exactly what they are.  Just tons of expensive posters from different bands.  If you can deal with a little immorality, pretty easy way to make some bucks.
    Wait a second here...you think it is IMMORAL to flip merch?  I just sold a ten box set for $15 more than I paid for it so does that mean in your opinion I am a bad an unethical person? 
    Yes... you are a very bad person.  Turn yourself in to the ten club police immediately. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mikeliska said:
    You are definitely going to hell. ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    mfc2006 said:
    Milestone said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Yeah, there's no doubt my buddy & I lucked out with Portland. He flew in from Dallas & we decided to head to Moda after I picked him up from PDX around lunchtime. We were maybe 30th in line.
    One other thing I like about that poster.... The poster actually said "Rose Garden Arena" on it even though the venue went corporate and changed to "Moda Center" literally the week before.  
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Milestone said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Milestone said:
    MayDay10 said:
    One other thing I like about that poster.... The poster actually said "Rose Garden Arena" on it even though the venue went corporate and changed to "Moda Center" literally the week before.  
    Yup. I like that as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    madhat181 said:
    He hasn't been on and probably missed it but you can enjoy his last discussion if you haven't already
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/277591/poster-shipping-help/p2
    If he hasn't been on, this drop is really gonna generate some good entertainment 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    No. Screw him. It’ll just the thread closed. He’s deemed untouchable by the mods for some reason. Even after being caught immediately flipping posters. 
  • mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    mikeliska said:
    Of course not.  However, if you make your career out of it, then at least a little.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    nicknyr15 said:
    No. Screw him. It’ll just the thread closed. He’s deemed untouchable by the mods for some reason. Even after being caught immediately flipping posters. 
    To be fair, the "for some reason" was the constant lashing out for 3 days over it. 
    Not that it wasn't funny, and not that I didn't participate. But its clear what the reason was.
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    To be fair, the "for some reason" was the constant lashing out for 3 days over it. 
    Not that it wasn't funny, and not that I didn't participate. But its clear what the reason was.
    Reason = Please see the Posting Guidelines. Harassment and trolling are not ok.
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    nicknyr15 said:

great - my popcorn is ready and now you've scared them away...
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    ISO Rome!!
    nicknyr15 said:
    You say "caught" like he broke a rule.  10club could just as easily say, "Not For Hanging on White Walls" on the sale pages.  Damn all these white-wallers buying up all the posters!  :)  Once the posters are sold, what happens with the poster is 100% out of their hands.  Here's a question.... the posters are all sold as "As-Is.  No Refunds.  No Exchanges."  How do you sell something "as-is" and offer no refunds or exchanges, but at the same time pretend to have a say over what the buyer can do with the poster after the posters are sold?  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Sea said:
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Reason = Please see the Posting Guidelines. Harassment and trolling are not ok.
    Sea - do you have an extra Rome poster I can buy off of you?
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited October 2018
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    You say "caught" like he broke a rule.  10club could just as easily say, "Not For Hanging on White Walls" on the sale pages.  Damn all these white-wallers buying up all the posters!  :)  Once the posters are sold, what happens with the poster is 100% out of their hands.  Here's a question.... the posters are all sold as "As-Is.  No Refunds.  No Exchanges."  How do you sell something "as-is" and offer no refunds or exchanges, but at the same time pretend to have a say over what the buyer can do with the poster after the posters are sold?  
    Making fun of the situation got overplayed on the weekend, so I'm trying to just speak to your points.
    Do you have the same thought for tickets then? If they don't have a say in what we do with posters marked "not for resale" then why would that not be true for tickets?
    So to me there clearly is a rule, just like with tickets. Now how much 10C cares and is willing/wanting to enforce that may be a different story.  But I would think anyone caught reselling items marked "not for resale" would not have a right to complain if they got their membership revoked.

• Y. VANY. VAN france Posts: 132
    I am looking for a rome poster in case :s  I can trade with a Kansas City Poster, 2010 EMEK 

Une demande "WMA" pour le Tour Européen 2018 

I think they would absolutely have a right to complain, because I think that 10club makes intentional choices and fuels the fire that creates the demand for limited items that entice flippers. I don't see how you can offer something in limited numbers, knowing full well that WAY more people want that item than you have to offer, and then have the nerve to say, " now now children... don't go out there and resell that item to the highest bidder.  Just ignore the inflated value that we've intentionally chosen to build into the item."  Especially after we're spending so much time trying to catch poster drops, etc.  

Add to that... there seems to be a magical time frame where selling posters above $35 turns from "boo flipper!" into "great price!"  

As much as anyone hates to admit it... if flippers weren't paying attention to Pearl Jam posters, then the posters that we all love to collect would have a LOT less value, and be a lot less collectible.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They have a say in the sense that it could impact your current or future orders. Like canceling if it hasn't shipped yet, preventing you from buying posters in the future, or revoking your membership if they're particularly chapped about it.

I'd think there has to be consequences in a cut-and-dried case like this, otherwise why bother even taking the time to peck out "not for resale."
    pjl44 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They have a say in the sense that it could impact your current or future orders. Like canceling if it hasn't shipped yet, preventing you from buying posters in the future, or revoking your membership if they're particularly chapped about it.

I'd think there has to be consequences in a cut-and-dried case like this, otherwise why bother even taking the time to peck out "not for resale."
    If they want to have an opinion on what someone does with the poster after it's sold, then I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect for there to be a better refund/exchange policy.  If they get a say in what happens to the poster after it's sold, then the buyer should too.  :)

Take today for example.  Isn't it obvious where the 10+ new Rome posters that went for sale on ebay within minutes of them selling out here came from?  Is there ever any effort to find out who those folks are, and revoke those memberships?    
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    It clearly states "Not for resale" next to the purchase limit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited October 2018
    tubes10s said:
    I think they would absolutely have a right to complain, because I think that 10club makes intentional choices and fuels the fire that creates the demand for limited items that entice flippers. I don't see how you can offer something in limited numbers, knowing full well that WAY more people want that item than you have to offer, and then have the nerve to say, " now now children... don't go out there and resell that item to the highest bidder.  Just ignore the inflated value that we've intentionally chosen to build into the item."  Especially after we're spending so much time trying to catch poster drops, etc.  

Add to that... there seems to be a magical time frame where selling posters above $35 turns from "boo flipper!" into "great price!"  

As much as anyone hates to admit it... if flippers weren't paying attention to Pearl Jam posters, then the posters that we all love to collect would have a LOT less value, and be a lot less collectible.  
    And that all makes total sense. But my question is why apply that logic to posters and not tickets? Or do you feel the same for tickets too?
    There's an inflated market for most PJ shows too. So I think the same argument can apply if one wanted to make it.
    I'll admit I was tempted to sell my wife's GA ticket to Wrigley 2013 after I saw some listed for 2k (never considered selling mine! We would have split it and she would have been happier with a 1k spending spree on shoes), but the clear rules and the fear of being caught made me not even seriously consider it. Had there been no policy we probably would have at least thought about it.
    Post edited by mace1229 on