Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    scurtis said:
    There’s a guy on FB raffling a test press of the PJ TMR.  He says he got it cause they get randomly inserted in vault packages and he bought it from someone who got it.

Does anyone know any truth to this?  I’ve never heard of them being randomly inserted in vault packages.
    I've never heard of that. It's more likely that it was in the 12" pressing lottery they held a while back.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    They sold blind TPs a few months ago. It was probably from that.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I haven't had a chance to spin it yet, and do look forward to that, but I just think they are charging too much for a package like this.
    Also, they marked all the sides of the record in SUCH tiny print that I can't fucking see it, even with glasses on. I literally have to hold it up to a light and squint and look at both sides to confirm I' seeing it right just to find side A or whatever Why would they do that??? It's kind of infuriating.
    Damn it was all downhill when you hit 50 huh?

Heeey now. I'm nearly a decade away from that still, and I won't be standing for Scruffy even joking about that shit, lol.

But seriously, the type labeling the sides is so small, I can't even really see it clearly with my glasses on, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I haven't had a chance to spin it yet, and do look forward to that, but I just think they are charging too much for a package like this.
    Also, they marked all the sides of the record in SUCH tiny print that I can't fucking see it, even with glasses on. I literally have to hold it up to a light and squint and look at both sides to confirm I' seeing it right just to find side A or whatever Why would they do that??? It's kind of infuriating.

Heeey now. I'm nearly a decade away from that still, and I won't be standing for Scruffy even joking about that shit, lol.

But seriously, the type labeling the sides is so small, I can't even really see it clearly with my glasses on, lol.
    40 here, have been using old man 'readers' the past year. Fucking annoying.
    www.cluthelee.com
    jjflash said:

Yeah, this is pretty rad.... However, I can get the original album for far less money. I think I'll just do that rather than pay twice as much just to get coloured vinyl and two extra songs on a 45. If I had more money I'd go for this though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I know, it's the worst. I just got my first pair of glasses in August 2017 at the age of 41. That was a shitty day, lol.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I completely agree about print size. I'm 48 and just started using cheaters. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I know, it's the worst. I just got my first pair of glasses in August 2017 at the age of 41. That was a shitty day, lol.
    I just started wearing readers 2 days ago, not liking it, but it is helping
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    My renewal went through today. Looking forward to this! And the new album! And a tour! Hell yes.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    My renewal went through today. Looking forward to this! And the new album! And a tour! Hell yes.
    Yeah, I'm super stoked about the album, and even potentially seeing them live, although I'm not sure they'd come here... the crowd at Jack's last show in Vancouver suuuuuucked. :frowning: He even asked at one point if the crowd wanted him to just end the show early. It was brutal.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    How many people use their Tidal membership?  I was just getting ready to upgrade to a new DAC when I remembered that we get Tidal HiFi for only $5 per month with the Vault.  You can stream MQA quality and I hear it's excellent.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol.  I'll be 41 next month!  argh.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Going to the Nashville Jack White concert is one of my Happy-birthday-I'm-50 presents. Yay! More years, more presents.

Reading glasses are a disappointment. So cute, yet switching them on and off is so annoying. I wear regular glasses now.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    How does #37 sound?
    www.cluthelee.com
    Two theater shows announced... tasty. 
    Aragon. woof.

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    How does #37 sound?
    I will finally have time to sit down and do some listening this weekend. I will let you know my thoughts then, though some have surely listened already.
    MedozK said:
    How does #37 sound?
    I will finally have time to sit down and do some listening this weekend. I will let you know my thoughts then, though some have surely listened already.
    Lol, I haven't listened to it yet either. I need to get around to that!
  • Anybody score decent Kings Theatre tix?
  • Anybody score decent Kings Theatre tix?
    4 AA friday night!!!
    Anybody score decent Kings Theatre tix?
    4 AA friday night!!!
    That's nice.  I got Aragon but it's all GA. Fairly large venue for all GA.
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I just listened to the new Vault. I think it sounds great, and it lets me relive seeing Jack in Minneapolis this summer.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Ck your emails for a chance to get in the venue early. 

Early entry lottery for vault members. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Did anyone else receive a charge for a Vault subscription yesterday? They usually don’t charge before a title/package announcement is made.
    They charge on whatever your sign up date is, regardless of if the vault has been announced or not. So if yours is on the 1st of whatever month you signed up, then that is the date you will be charged for the next vault.  But if you signed up on a different day of the month, then you need to contact TMR.
    It's important to have a renewal date after the announcement so you have plenty of time to cancel if you don't want the next Margo Price box.  
    Exactly why I have my renewal date set for the back end of the month.
    Oops! I did it again. I forgot to cancel, and I am not a fan of The Raconteurs. Argh!

I've never even heard a single song from Consolers of the Lonely. With the exception of "Your Blue Veins," Broken Boy Soldiers sucked enough to keep me from ever wanting anything to do with this band again. I've never liked Brendan Benson.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Did anyone else receive a charge for a Vault subscription yesterday? They usually don’t charge before a title/package announcement is made.
    They charge on whatever your sign up date is, regardless of if the vault has been announced or not. So if yours is on the 1st of whatever month you signed up, then that is the date you will be charged for the next vault.  But if you signed up on a different day of the month, then you need to contact TMR.
    It's important to have a renewal date after the announcement so you have plenty of time to cancel if you don't want the next Margo Price box.  
    Oops! I did it again. I forgot to cancel, and I am not a fan of The Raconteurs. Argh!

I've never even heard a single song from Consolers of the Lonely. With the exception of "Your Blue Veins," Broken Boy Soldiers sucked enough to keep me from ever wanting anything to do with this band again. I've never liked Brendan Benson.
    That's crazy talk.  Consolers is much better than Broken Boy IMO.  Don't fret though, I'm sure you will be able to move that vault for cost.  
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    dankind said:
    kasedoug said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Love their music. Maybe stream Consolers before it arrives...you may be pleasantly surprised.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    My subscription just renewed. Can't wait for this one.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    So did mine. I thought I cancelled. Now I'm getting this stupid record..
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Consolers is the best album Jack White has been a part of.

Anybody looking for the Stripes Live@Mississippi and/or B shows 12”s? Had them posted in Lost Dogs for awhile and thought maybe there were some in here that might want it and not even know it. I’d cut a pretty good deal one or both.