** My 5 personal highlights from the European tour **

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
edited October 2018 in The Porch

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited October 2018
    Nice mine from the 3 Euro shows I saw would go like this.

1. Tie Otherside/All or None Krakow
    2. Berlin pit (whole show for that matter)
    3. Severed Hand transitioning right into Not For You - Krakow
    4. Tremor Christ - Prague
    5. Of the Girl into Present Tense - Krakow (two great versions)

honourable mentions

Prague first set
    Indifference Prague 
    Deep Berlin

Also did I miss your top 5 or are there 4 more vids?
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • PJNB said:

Also did I miss your top 5 or are there 4 more vids?
    Yeah, I was gonna do one a day. But maybe I can just do them all later after work. 

Severed Hand into Not For You, didn't think about what song followed SH but the same as Amsterdam then. Weird getting a nostalgic thrill from Severed Hand in Krakow -- felt like S/T came out just a few years ago.

Present Tense was funny, a finish girl behind me said before the show that she wanted to hear that... so I was happy for her when it played.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Of the Girl into Present Tense in Krakow
    LBC - Help! - Help-Help - SOLAT - STBC  in Prague
    The train to Krakow and the bus to Berlin
    The line in Prague
    The chaos on Porch in Berlin
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited October 2018
    23scidoo said:
    The line in Prague
    Some more great picks. I would add the Out of My Mind pizza box sign as well but that was part of the Prague line fun wasn't it! Also that impov into LBC was killer. 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    23scidoo said:

^^^ Yes!
    It's Okay in Berlin
    I met Matt!
    Seeing the Mall of Berlin where the Berlin Wall used to stand; no kidding, that was an emotional moment for me.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • NUMBER 2
    @mcgruff10

PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    The line in Prague
    Some more great picks. I would add the Out of My Mind pizza box sign as well but that was part of the Prague line fun wasn't it! Also that impov into LBC was killer. 
    Some much fun dude!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    NUMBER 2
    @mcgruff10

Just plain terrible. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    NUMBER 2
    @mcgruff10

Just plain terrible. 
    Stop bullying You Are Mike!!..lol
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    Just sorted out all the photos from this summer so a great time to remember my top 5:

. 1 Of The Girl opening Krakow... Show Nr. 21 and finally (after missing it 4 times by one show) heard the opener live that I am in love with since I heard it on my first spin of binaural back in 2000. When  Present Tense started it felt so much like a 2000 setlist, that I felt all the teenager from back then again :)

2 Thin Air in Berlin: Me and my wife used to play/practice this song on my guitar over and over on my front porch during the wonderful summer when we fell in love. We had been discussing a lot of songs we would love to hear before but did completely forget about it, so when the first chords started (and Ed said,`that is Stone Gossard, who wrote the song figuring out how to play it') it was the most unexpected song to appear for us in the encore, standing in thist beautiful venue in our favorite city. We were both having tears in our eyes, while being back in that summer, figuring out the song between the two of us again...

3 Krakow as a whole show: Not only the beginning, but almost every song of the show made me think 'Oh my, that's a song I would also have chosen for a perfect set' and dance and sing like crazy.. 

4 Baba O Riley in Padova: Always loved Baba, but this time I felt it topped all the previous appearances in energy and when we were shouting 'Teenage Wasteland' at the top of our lungs it was just the perfect ending for the first show of our tour. 

5 All the people I met on the road that made the trip human, interesting, fun and extraordinary (Pre-partying like there would be no alcohol served at the concert with Canadians in the double Tree Hotel in Krakow, meeting fresh polish fans going to their first show in old town, the fun PJ only Ryanair Flights Prague - Krakow - Berlin, meeting @Spiritual_Chaos on the bus from Krakow Airport into Town ;) ,... ) as well as the wonderful, exiting cities - old and new - I discovered (sitting on the town square of Krakow on the warm summer evening and listening to the guy playing all those great covers on acoustic guitar, drinking the best dark beer of my life in prague, drinking the worst wine of my life in Padua, driving with a crazy bike taxi through Tiergarten in Berlin,...)

So thankful for that summer! 
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    1. Line in Prague
    2. Pre show beers in Berlin
    3. In Hiding / Other Side / Green Disease in Krakow
    4. LBC  in Prague
    5. Breath in Berlin

And many more, I suppose that if I had to make a choice everytime it would be different.
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    23scidoo said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    NUMBER 2
    @mcgruff10

Just plain terrible. 
    lol. It is soooooo bad. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • one_stone said:
     meeting @Spiritual_Chaos on the bus from Krakow Airport into Town ;) ,... ) a
    Haha, oh Herr Austrian! :) 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    NUMBER 2
    @mcgruff10

Just plain terrible. 
    lol. It is soooooo bad. 

• NUMBER 3

• NUMBER 4

• Were you in Rome for Black Diamond?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Were you in Rome for Black Diamond?

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    1. Tremor Christ in Prague
    2. Help Help in Prague
    3. All or None in Krakow
    4. Fuckin' Up in Krakow
    5. Wash in Berlin
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    all around the bend
    danny d
  • I was at 3 shows over a week and change in Europe.  London 1, Milan, Padova.  My top 5 list is not focused on songs but rather experiences that made this different than seeing shows at home in NA.

5. The environment outside the stadium in Padova about 3 hours before the show.

4. The train from Milan to Padova.  Speeds of 250 km/h.

3. Side trip from Milan to Swiss Alps for one day.  Took something called Bernina Express.  Google it.  Awesome experience.

2. The excitement in the field in Milan just before the band took the stage.

1. London.  Everything about London.  The city, the tube, Les Miserables, double decker buses, British English, pubs with World Cup soccer; even the border guard at the airport was friendly. 

Thanks PJ for an excuse to go to Europe!

(Concerts were also good.  If I must name 5 songs, I liked Immortality in Milan, Love Boat Captain and Off He Goes in London, and Corduroy and Indifference in Padova.)
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Y. VANY. VAN france Posts: 132
    1. Satan's bed in London 2 !
    2. Garden in Krakow
    3. Around The Bend in London 2
    4. Otherside Krakow
    5. Parting Ways London 1...  :o no, Wash followed of Sometimes in Berlin 

Une demande "WMA" pour le Tour Européen 2018 

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2018
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    The line in Prague

Love this list.  Mine:
    1) Man of the Hour - The End in Prague
    2) Of the Girl - Present Tense and Otherside in Krakow
    3) Brno and the Moravian Karst (Amazing!)
    4) The Czech Hockey Hall of Fame in the mall beside the O2 arena (they put pics of me on their Facebook page lol)
    5) Canada Day in Prague!!! (wearing the flag and getting so many Happy Birthdays from the Strangest Tribe from all over the world)

Honourable Mentions:
    - The salt mine tour in Krakow (unreal)
    - The amazing Polish girl who shared a cab with us back to Old Town Krakow after the show. Your story was amazing!
    - Help - Help Help in Prague

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • I do not know but Corduroy in Barcelona was insane. Crazy stuff :)
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.