Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    New vault #37 arrived in the UK yesterday. Not had a chance to properly listen to it. Nice die cut sleeve, glad it's not that soft touch they've been doing on stuff. Always great how they don't send the records in the printed inners. Personally I could do without the extra prints and flag. I just feel these days that it's essentially a very expensive triple lp at $80.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I received my tracking number last Thursday, but it doesn't appear that the package has moved from Nashville.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    I received my tracking number last Thursday, but it doesn't appear that the package has moved from Nashville.
    Same here.. last name R in the USA.  Fortunately I have a supposed NM copy of an original VS. arriving today, along with the Chris Bellman cut of American Beauty (gold Newbury version).  So I'm being patient...  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    Same here.. last name R in the USA.  Fortunately I have a supposed NM copy of an original VS. arriving today, along with the Chris Bellman cut of American Beauty (gold Newbury version).  So I'm being patient...  
    ends in....ussel?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited September 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    ends in....ussel?
    There's no getting one over on you...  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ends in....ussel?
    I am so smart. SMRT. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    mrussel1 said:
    Same here.. last name R in the USA. 
    This Vault's going Z-A by first name.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited September 2018
    FR181798 said:
    New vault #37 arrived in the UK yesterday. Not had a chance to properly listen to it. Nice die cut sleeve, glad it's not that soft touch they've been doing on stuff. Always great how they don't send the records in the printed inners. Personally I could do without the extra prints and flag. I just feel these days that it's essentially a very expensive triple lp at $80.
    Why don't you like soft touch? I love that - it just feels nice. :)
    I agree about all the crap that comes with the TMR vinyl. I would much prefer that it be cheaper and just the vinyl in simple packaging. The rest is literally junk as far as I'm concerned.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ends in....ussel?
    I am so smart. SMRT. 
    I read recently that the line from the Simpson's wasn't planned.  The voice of Homer screwed that up and they just kept it because they thought it was hilarious... which it was. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ends in....ussel?
    I am so smart. SMRT. 
    I read recently that the line from the Simpson's wasn't planned.  The voice of Homer screwed that up and they just kept it because they thought it was hilarious... which it was. 
    really? that's a pretty hilarious (and famous) line to have been a screw up! that's awesome!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Mine was delivered today.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Been a vault member for a while, but it's been a trick to sit down and listen to the LPs on the ole record machine. Does anybody rip the Vaults and share? By the way I'm last name W and it arrived today! 
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    PJ_Soul said:
    FR181798 said:
    Why don't you like soft touch? I love that - it just feels nice. :)
    I agree about all the crap that comes with the TMR vinyl. I would much prefer that it be cheaper and just the vinyl in simple packaging. The rest is literally junk as far as I'm concerned.
    As a one off the soft touch is fine, it seems too easy to damage. Graphics just don't look sharp with it either. I like embossed stuff like the Vitalogy or Cold Roses.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Are most jackets open all the way through? When this package is laying flat and I open it, inside the jacket side that I open up that record slides down preventing me from closing the jacket unless I pull the record sleeve back. I just never noticed this happening before.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    So I haven't listened to this yet, but can someone defend all of the repeats that are on this set?  Are the Cass Corridor acoustic or something?  I saw both nights in DC and he managed to repeat only Yorba and Seven nation (other than the new songs, which I expected).  I didn't expect duplicates on a Vault. 
  • Options
    I still haven't gotten a confirmation yet.  Has anyone with a "C" been notified?
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Got mine already and in Canada, last name starts with B
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I'm an "H" in MN, and I haven't seen my tracking status updated since the shipping label was printed on 9/20.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,906
    I got min last Wednesday. Nice release. Probably could have passed on it though. Other than the Stripes, I'm probably done with Vault stuff. Stuff is only getting one spin from me. 

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    I got min last Wednesday. Nice release. Probably could have passed on it though. Other than the Stripes, I'm probably done with Vault stuff. Stuff is only getting one spin from me. 

Totally agree!  I'm just glad the vinyl wasn't warped. Sounds pretty good, for a live recording!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Got my tickets this morning to the Nashville show at Bridgestone in November. Haven't seen him on this tour, so should be a good one.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I'm deciding whether to go to Nashville near Thanksgiving to see Jack White at the Bridgestone Arena. The tickets seem to be pretty cheap. Anyone see Jack White there?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I'm deciding whether to go to Nashville near Thanksgiving to see Jack White at the Bridgestone Arena. The tickets seem to be pretty cheap. Anyone see Jack White there?
    GO!!! You’ll enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,833
    MedozK said:
    Got my tickets this morning to the Nashville show at Bridgestone in November. Haven't seen him on this tour, so should be a good one.
    Nice...hope to see you there again this go round :sunglasses: You get seated or GA?
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,833
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Yup, I caught his last show at Bridgestone and it was fantastic. Tough to beat a hometown show. As a bonus Nashville is a great place to visit.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    jjflash said:
    MedozK said:
    Nice...hope to see you there again this go round :sunglasses: You get seated or GA?
    Always have to get seated cause my wife HATES GA. We will be in section 114.
  • Options
    I'm excited to see Jack and Carla play. 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    SEC 107
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I was at TMR in Nashville yesterday and the girl said the new vault will be announced in the next day or so.  Said it's going to be a great one,  but wouldn't divulge anything.  So we shall see if it lives up to her hype. 
  • Options
    Is TMR within walking distance of Bridgestone Arena?