Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Few interesting tidbits from the last episode.

https://uproxx.com/tv/better-call-saul-easter-eggs-details-pinata/
    It's a hopeless situation...
    In the midst of a complete Breaking Bad re-watch and just saw Season 1 episode Crazy Handful of Nothin' where the Doghouse is featured as one of Jesse's location for selling meth and then the next time we see him meet with Walt, he throws a pre-paid burner phone in Walt's lap when he is splitting the proceeds. Things that meant nothing to me when I first watched the show, but are quite intriguing now considering the last few episodes of Better Call Saul.
    Wow, that opening split scene sequence was amazing and jumped us ahead big time. We also have the first real sign of Saul on the business cards. Loved how they just slipped that shot in the sequence like it was no big deal.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    tbergs said:
    Wow, that opening split scene sequence was amazing and jumped us ahead big time. We also have the first real sign of Saul on the business cards. Loved how they just slipped that shot in the sequence like it was no big deal.
    yeah pretty interesting opening sequence.  Wonder what Kim was doing at the end with buying all those art supplies?  Making signs?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,430
    tbergs said:
    yeah pretty interesting opening sequence.  Wonder what Kim was doing at the end with buying all those art supplies?  Making signs?
    no, I think its related to the case she took for Jimmy.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    This frickin' show is so awesome. I can't believe they actually created the website for the church with Huell! http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/ :lol:

Great episode that sees Kim sinking in to the darkness that is Saul. I really thought she was past it.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    tbergs said:
    This frickin' show is so awesome. I can't believe they actually created the website for the church with Huell! http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/ :lol:

Great episode that sees Kim sinking in to the darkness that is Saul. I really thought she was past it.
    Inching closer and closer to Saul
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The actor that plays Huell should be hired by Weight Watchers!
    tbergs said:

Inching closer and closer to Saul
    that was pretty awesome!

2 episodes left though :disappointed: Wonder what happen to Kim she's kinda leaning towards acting like Saul.  Or does she leave for Wyoming? 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Another really good one last night.  Jimmy and Kim finally had the blowout argument that had been simmering for so long.  

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the Germans building the super lab?  We know that the lab gets built and remains a secret until late in BB so feels like a waste of time.  I guess that's the huge disadvantage of being a prequel in that we know how things turn out for so many of these characters already.  I'd much rather see more with Gus/Hector/Nacho....
    Another really good one last night.  Jimmy and Kim finally had the blowout argument that had been simmering for so long.  

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the Germans building the super lab?  We know that the lab gets built and remains a secret until late in BB so feels like a waste of time.  I guess that's the huge disadvantage of being a prequel in that we know how things turn out for so many of these characters already.  I'd much rather see more with Gus/Hector/Nacho....
    I was really interested in the Germans at first, but the story was getting a bit tired before Werner escaped. Still not sure what's really going on with that guy. Is he dying? They lingered on that last cigarette of his for quite a while before he was studying those cameras.

I'm on to season 3 of BB in my rewatch and they just had the first scene of Gus at the place where the super lab is, but he was studying floor plans. It didn't seem like the lab was operational yet, but I'll have to watch further to jog my memory of it.

You knew Jimmy was getting turned down for his license when he answered that last question about his college instead of Chuck.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    tbergs said:

I was really interested in the Germans at first, but the story was getting a bit tired before Werner escaped. Still not sure what's really going on with that guy. Is he dying? They lingered on that last cigarette of his for quite a while before he was studying those cameras.

I'm on to season 3 of BB in my rewatch and they just had the first scene of Gus at the place where the super lab is, but he was studying floor plans. It didn't seem like the lab was operational yet, but I'll have to watch further to jog my memory of it.

You knew Jimmy was getting turned down for his license when he answered that last question about his college instead of Chuck.

Yeah the building of the super lab story was interesting at first but it has gone on too long....seems like something that should just be happening in the background but it seems like part of the season finale will be dedicated to them tracking down Werner.  And i do believe that the lab was just becoming operational when Walt and Jesse started cooking there in BB.  Which is still another 3-4 years away from the timeline of where BCS currently is I think???  It's hard to keep track of all this...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    The only reason the super lab story seems to have gone on too  long is because nothing has happened. If they killed that one guy or something, put some fear in the rest then it would have been interesting. But the head guy sneaking away like that is the first real problem they've faced with the build. Should have had something like that happened 3 episodes ago.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    tbergs said:

I guess I don't necessarily mind the lab story.  What I don't quite get is that they are apparently about 4 years away from the time of BB.  The events in BB supposedly took place within a year or so timeframe from start to finish.  It seems like they would be able to complete the lab and outfit the laundry facility above in far less than 4 years.  Hmmm...
    What is the deal with the laser tape that Mike found at the end?  The first outfit that looked at the job used that while the German used old fashioned tape measuring.  Are they in cahoots?
    Jason P said:
    What is the deal with the laser tape that Mike found at the end?  The first outfit that looked at the job used that while the German used old fashioned tape measuring.  Are they in cahoots?
    Oooh, nice catch. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe that accident wasn't really an accident in the first place. They did such a good job of making us doubt Kai that I've ignored a lot of Werner's shortcomings for the time we've known him.
    tbergs said:
    Jason P said:
    Oooh, nice catch. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe that accident wasn't really an accident in the first place. They did such a good job of making us doubt Kai that I've ignored a lot of Werner's shortcomings for the time we've known him.
    On that theory, if Werner was looking for an excuse to get outside R&R it may have been the plan to make outside contact with whoever he is in cahoots with.  Based on the car ride from the airport, he knows the general circle of radius that the lab is located.  If Werner's contacts have people roaming the strip clubs in that radius then they just need to wait for him to eventually show up.  Lalo then shows up out of the blue and wants to know where Gus' chicken operation is ... maybe not so random as I once thought.  Looks to me like it's an inside Salamanca setup.

Werner left a lot of sloppy clues that would suggest he is making a run for his wife.  But wouldn't someone as smart as him cover his tracks instead of leaving broken locks behind unless that is what they wanted Mike to believe?  

The other theory is that I'm overthinking it and the show writers were being lazy and making it super clear for brain dead viewers and that Werner just used the laser to short circuit the cameras and is headed back to Germany to see his wife.
    The other thing is that Werner has to know he just most likely signed the death warrants for his entire crew as well as himself and his wife if he was dumb enough to try to go into hiding.  I don't see him doing that unless there is no wife and he was hired by the Salamancas to root out a possible Gus operation that would cut them off from the meth revenue stream coming out of Mexico.  
    Jason P said:
    tbergs said:
    Jason P said:
    On that theory, if Werner was looking for an excuse to get outside R&R it may have been the plan to make outside contact with whoever he is in cahoots with.  Based on the car ride from the airport, he knows the general circle of radius that the lab is located.  If Werner's contacts have people roaming the strip clubs in that radius then they just need to wait for him to eventually show up.  Lalo then shows up out of the blue and wants to know where Gus' chicken operation is ... maybe not so random as I once thought.  Looks to me like it's an inside Salamanca setup.

Werner left a lot of sloppy clues that would suggest he is making a run for his wife.  But wouldn't someone as smart as him cover his tracks instead of leaving broken locks behind unless that is what they wanted Mike to believe?  

The other theory is that I'm overthinking it and the show writers were being lazy and making it super clear for brain dead viewers and that Werner just used the laser to short circuit the cameras and is headed back to Germany to see his wife.
    the hatch on the roof locks from the outside......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Jason P said:
    tbergs said:
    Jason P said:

That’s what I thought but I rewound it and the latch is on the inside but the lock and file where left outside on the roof
    Jason P said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Jason P said:
    tbergs said:
    Jason P said:

That’s what I thought but I rewound it and the latch is on the inside but the lock and file where left outside on the roof
    huh....

season finale next week :disappointed:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Does anyone really think any of those German laborers will get out alive.  Let's see.  They build a clandestine underground laboratory for people that want complete secrecy and pay in cash....drug dealers.  None of these guys get out alive to spill the beans.  Werner knows it and he is making his get away.  My theory anyway.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
    TalonTedd said:
    Does anyone really think any of those German laborers will get out alive.  Let's see.  They build a clandestine underground laboratory for people that want complete secrecy and pay in cash....drug dealers.  None of these guys get out alive to spill the beans.  Werner knows it and he is making his get away.  My theory anyway.
    I think you're right. Jason's theory is really interesting though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Whatever happens, the super lab obviously hits a snag and is delayed because it didn't seem to be in use before Walt started using it in BB. Unless, Gus did a good job and making it seem like the lab had never been used, but my guess would be that he kept things amicable with the Salamancas in order to avoid a war until he found a good enough option (Walt's meth) to start a revolt against the cartel. It seems the lab may get pushed back either way based on Werner's field trip and subsequent death upcoming. Highly unlikely they will find any motivated members of that crew not concerned about meeting the same fate at that point.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I think its possible the German crew lives.
    They flew into Denver and were picked up at a random spot in Colorado, blind folded and driven several hours to the spot. With the exception of that 1 night out, they have no idea where they even are. So I assume they took some precautions with that night out as well that ere not shown. 
    They can drive them back to Denver and and they'd never know how to get back to the super lab.
    But then again, Gus doesn't seem to mind killing people, so it can go either way.
    if anyone it probably would be Kai
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Wasn’t Gale running it when Walt came aboard? 

My memory is a bit hazy because I binged BB in such a short time frame a lot of the details are blurry...
    chinese-happy.jpg

My memory is a bit hazy because I binged BB in such a short time frame a lot of the details are blurry...
    I think so.  Walt may have been undercutting their established product with a more pure version 
    Jason P said:

I think so.  Walt may have been undercutting their established product with a more pure version 
    hmmm, not so sure. As I recall Gale had gotten the lab set up with equipment and that was all. After being given a sample to test its purity and potency, Gale was eager to work with Walt.