framed poster thread

Comments

• Finally got got this one done. I’m very pleased with home it turned out.
    This is so good.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JDime20 said:
    GilfordNH said:
    JDime20 said:
    Just picked it up!
    Crazy.  Mine is still at Hobby Lobby and I literally picked out the same exact frame and matte combination at first, but I ended up changing it last minute.  Your looks beautiful though.  I ended up going with a lighter color frame that I thought brought out the gray and white in the bricks.  In turn I ended up with a darker main matte and the orange accent matte.

Make sure you post the final product too!

O-H!
    I-O

Haskins for Heisman
    Lol, I have s former player, playing up there right now. I’m trying to get used to the O H stuff, but just can’t do it being an SEC guy. Lol
    He plays for the Bucks? What's his name?
  • Just landed a Milwaukee Frost. Looking for frame/matte ideas. Anyone have examples so I don’t have to go back 350 pages?  Thanks
  • paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    Just picked up 11 posters from our framer (Seattle Custom Framing)! 5 more to go for 2018 N. America tour.  ISO: Wall Space, have many things to trade.
    PA
  • sp1984sp1984 New Hampshire Posts: 140
    payling said:
    Just picked up 11 posters from our framer (Seattle Custom Framing)! 5 more to go for 2018 N. America tour.  ISO: Wall Space, have many things to trade.
    Are those blue matt pieces to resemble bubbles from the poster? If so, that's awesome! Also I love the way the Klausens are framed - I hadn't considered that,. but it makes me super happy that I ended up with both. Great color choices!
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
  • paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    Yes re blue matt/bubble connection! Thanks - we like the Klausens as well - frame close up reminds you of a louisville slugger 
    PA
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JDime20 said:
    GilfordNH said:
    JDime20 said:
    Just picked it up!
    Crazy.  Mine is still at Hobby Lobby and I literally picked out the same exact frame and matte combination at first, but I ended up changing it last minute.  Your looks beautiful though.  I ended up going with a lighter color frame that I thought brought out the gray and white in the bricks.  In turn I ended up with a darker main matte and the orange accent matte.

O-H!
    I-O

Haskins for Heisman
    Lol, I have s former player, playing up there right now. I’m trying to get used to the O H stuff, but just can’t do it being an SEC guy. Lol
    He is a freshman RB, Master Teague.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JDime20 said:
    GilfordNH said:
    JDime20 said:
    Just picked it up!

O-H!
    I-O

Haskins for Heisman
    Ah yes.. big kid, tree trunk legs.  I think he's probably third on the depth chart which is great for a freshman.  If you start for OSU, you're probably going to play on Sunday.  He has a chance.  
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited September 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JDime20 said:
    GilfordNH said:
    JDime20 said:
    Just picked it up!

O-H!
    I-O

Haskins for Heisman
    Ah yes.. big kid, tree trunk legs.  I think he's probably third on the depth chart which is great for a freshman.  If you start for OSU, you're probably going to play on Sunday.  He has a chance.  
    Yea, lol. He was a special back for us. He graduated early so he could early enroll up there for spring practice. Last time I talked to coach Alford he said Master was doing well. So yea hopefully he will get a shot, but it's so competitive up there... each year they continue to bring 4-5 stars in.. so its good for him.. he loves the competition.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Just picked these up from the framer. Very happy with the finished product. 

• Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221

A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:

Nice!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

This is +4 ! :smile:
  • bbiggs said:

Awesome!  What size of frame are you using with a triple matting?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Instinct2 said:
    bbiggs said:

Awesome!  What size of frame are you using with a triple matting?
    Thanks! The total size is 22.5” x 28.5”. 
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

I-Mother-Earth-blue-green-orange-cd-amp-signed-promo-photo-the-tea-party

Soundgarden 2011 Ottawa show. Just bought an 18x18 frame for this one at Michaels.

One day I will do it right with a red or gold background. Not sure what one.  

• Not sure if the best photos, but all the posters from my summer trips. In the past I had done mats, but there were too many here and would take up too much size and cost too much. I don't know where I'm putting them as it is! So went with different colors, all the same styles to, match each poster. I think it turned out well.
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    Beautiful job, Red Mosquito Smile 28!
    I especially like how your Seattle Ames and Boston Williams turned out.  
    I'm usually a fan of dark frames.  But you've done well!
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • gvilliangvillian Clarks Summit, PA Posts: 118
    RedMosquitoSmile28 - where did you get that blue frame for the Klausen Boston ?

great job on these
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    This may not be the right spot, but has anyone done anything with the DTE film clips or draft sheets outside of just putting them in a frame with a mat.  I am wanting to use some sort of lighting effect behind Death Girl to make her glow in the frame or shadow box...Just wondering what everyone did with the ones they bought of the sale a few months ago if anyone has any thoughts... 
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • gvillian said:
    RedMosquitoSmile28 - where did you get that blue frame for the Klausen Boston ?

great job on these
    I just went to a local independent art/custom framing store that was recommended to me. They had all these colors and we just went through and tried to find the best matches. They loved the posters there too. I can't tell what brand frame it is, but the color is labeled as Blue Carnival.

In the past I've done the same frame, dark, and then different mats. Tried something different to keep the same style with all of them but unique looks. The frames aren't all the exact same because of limited colors, but they are real close and you can't tell without actually looking close or even feeling them.
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    payling said:
    I love the light wood frame on those Klausens. I really need to frame all of my baseball themed posters...
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    just framed these two. I thought the red mat would make the klausen “pop” more, but it didn’t. I can alway try another mat...

the DMB mat is actually a much better match to the pine trees than it looks.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ^^ I like the DMB poster.  Love the critters. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    deadendp said:

That’s a tiger bunny I think. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    deadendp said:
    50 stinking bucks! but signed and limited to 740.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16