Making a Murderer (Crime-Docu similar to West Memphis Three case)

Comments

• BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    Let him watch some fuckin wrestlemania
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    BCBA said:

Let him watch some fuckin wrestlemania

He better be front row at Wrestlemania next year!!! Good to hear they throw out the conviction...that was all a load of bullshit.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    when is this new lawyer gonna present her info on avery?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    edited August 2016
    my2hands said:
    Yeah....makes me wonder if it was committed by the serial killer but the police also planted shit (convinced it was Avery) to just completely fuck him over
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    polaris_x said:

when is this new lawyer gonna present her info on avery?

Good question. Given all the facts, I can't believe he is still in prison.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    This series made me extremely mad! I'm not saying I would hang out with this dude but this case is total insanity! Just think about how many guys are in the exact same situation but won't have a series on Netflix! It truly is scary to think about the evil that exists in our judicial system! Free Steve Avery!!! Hopefully Brandon is on his way out!
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I keep thinking this article isn't loading for me all the way. Am I missing something? It only states some other dirtbag has killed people on the same date and lived an hour away. Doesn't seem like anything to me.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited August 2016
    The attorney, Kathleen Zellner, also reveals in the motion that “Mr. Avery has already completed a series of tests that will conclusively establish his innocence” and that she’ll reveal her theory on the identity of the real killer once she has the results of the new tests she intends to conduct.

The new motion's biggest bombshell is a Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department report that documents the seizure of the murder victim's car on November 3, 2005, two days before it was officially found. "That was a huge discovery because the car doesn’t appear on the Avery property until November 5," Zellner tells Newsweek. "It's a problem when some of [the investigators] are planting evidence and others are honestly doing their job and documenting their malfeasance.”

The motion describes Zellner's theory for how Avery was framed after Manitowoc County Sheriff's Deputy Andrew Colborn allegedly seized the car on November 3. "Ms. Halbach’s vehicle was moved from the Fred Radandt Sons, Inc. quarry to the Avery property using the conveyor road that led onto the Avery property from the quarry," the motion states. "Mr. Avery contends that the blood evidence was planted in Ms. Halbach’s car, by law enforcement, prior to the discovery of the vehicle on the Avery property on November 5, 2005."

http://www.newsweek.com/steven-avery-lawyer-demands-evidence-and-accuses-cops-framing-him-bombshell-493873
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Season 2 begins October 19th.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Season 2 begins October 19th.
    giggity
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Anyone watching? Watched the first episode. This lawyer seems pretty crafty
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Anyone watching? Watched the first episode. This lawyer seems pretty crafty
    But, I feel like we sort of know the gist of season 2... so i'm not as crazY as starting it as seasons 01.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Season 2 is really good so far.  New attorney....interesting shit

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I thought her buying the exact kind of car so she can do all those tests with the blood was a brilliant move. Then again, I thought his old lawyers were brilliant too and here she is critiquing all these things they did wrong....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Season 2 is really good so far.  New attorney....interesting shit
    I thought her buying the exact kind of car so she can do all those tests with the blood was a brilliant move. Then again, I thought his old lawyers were brilliant too and here she is critiquing all these things they did wrong....
    Those two guys even came to Sweden to do a talk. Had their 15 minutes of fame. Wished I had gone to it. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Yeah she is really sharp. I believe her though....if he did it I think she'll admit that he did it.

I'm through episode 3 so far.

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    So this is still going on?  I thought it was settled.
    Just finished it last night....crazy stuff.  Zellner's theory is amazing.

• VanEyckVanEyck Posts: 171
    edited October 2018
    Wasn't expecting S02 to be as captivating knowing what we know now but it was still fascinating and the pace was fine after the first half episode. 

Really surprised the prosecution's repetitive soundbite about wanting "closure" is so effective in court as well as the media. It appears that closure trumps justice or am I crazy? I wouldn't trust Kratz to pour me a coffee. 
    Post edited by VanEyck on
    VanEyck said:
    Wasn't expecting S02 to be as captivating knowing what we know now but it was still fascinating and the pace was fine after the first half episode. 

Really surprised the defence's repetitive soundbite about wanting "closure" is so effective in court as well as the media. It appears that closure trumps justice or am I crazy? I wouldn't trust Kratz to pour me a coffee. 
    You mean the prosecution right?

Yes it's insane.  I have a hard time believing that there could be as much collusion and corruption related to that case as there would have to be to pin Avery but it's really hard not to see how it could have happened.

Just the evidence that was withheld from the defense should warrant a new trial alone.

VanEyck said:

Really surprised the defence's repetitive soundbite about wanting "closure" is so effective in court as well as the media. It appears that closure trumps justice or am I crazy? I wouldn't trust Kratz to pour me a coffee. 

Yes it's insane.  I have a hard time believing that there could be as much collusion and corruption related to that case as there would have to be to pin Avery but it's really hard not to see how it could have happened.

Just the evidence that was withheld from the defense should warrant a new trial alone.
    Oops yes prosecution (thanks).

Yeah new trial seems inevitable but we could wait a long time it seems. Or they keep refusing to reopen the case and it's a stalemate. Wish Zellner had been arguing for Dassey. Things might have turned out differently. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    VanEyck said:

I am not following this case or this series so can’t speak to the specifics, but I can say I’ve read a bit about some other cases in which individuals were eventually proved to be innocent, sometimes after years on death row, and the level of corruption amongst the prosecution has been mind/blowing, and frightening. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    VanEyck said:
    VanEyck said:

Yeah new trial seems inevitable but we could wait a long time it seems. Or they keep refusing to reopen the case and it's a stalemate. Wish Zellner had been arguing for Dassey. Things might have turned out differently. 
    Yeah it was sad to hear Zellner comment about how she felt Dassey's attorney's screwed up in front of the Appeals Court.  I couldn't disagree with her...some of it was pretty obvious.

VanEyck said:
    VanEyck said:

Yeah it was sad to hear Zellner comment about how she felt Dassey's attorney's screwed up in front of the Appeals Court.  I couldn't disagree with her...some of it was pretty obvious.
    It seemed like every time she was asked a question she had a chance to knock down an opponent but she didn't really succeed and it cost her precious points. 
    The trucker that saw Halbach's RAV was interesting.  Another piece of evidence withheld.

VanEyck said:
    VanEyck said:
    VanEyck said:

It seemed like every time she was asked a question she had a chance to knock down an opponent but she didn't really succeed and it cost her precious points. 
    Yes especially when they asked her what the motive would be for the police to coerce Dassey...the fucking motive was to nail Avery, can't believe she missed that.

The trucker that saw Halbach's RAV was interesting.  Another piece of evidence withheld.
    Do you think the point of the whole show is to swing public opinion on the case to pressure the courts? Season 1 seemed more entertaining but Season 2 really had purpose (maybe I'm being Captain Obvious here). I wonder how much power a Netflix show can really have. I guess we'll see!
    VanEyck said:
    Do you think the point of the whole show is to swing public opinion on the case to pressure the courts? Season 1 seemed more entertaining but Season 2 really had purpose (maybe I'm being Captain Obvious here). I wonder how much power a Netflix show can really have. I guess we'll see!
    Not sure...I honestly can't believe the courts didn't grant Dassey a new trial.  I don't think public pressure will help him at all.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Just finished episode 1 of season 2.