2018 Pearl Jam Halloween Shirts

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I love the Orange Shirts idea and am happy to pay 1/17th of a penny for that cool surprise to be in some people's shipment.

Nobody forces anyone to buy this stuff.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 397
    ^^^^this
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    I happily bought an XL.  Please send the orange one in a small for my daughter.   :)
    And thank you spiritual chaos for helping to pay for it.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    I guessing you don’t enter the monthly contest  right?

You know.... because giving a prize to one person is not really fan friendly. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2018
    on2legs said:
    I guessing you don’t enter the monthly contest  right?

You know.... because giving a prize to one person is not really fan friendly. 

If you are speaking to me. Those things are not really comparable to me. But to answer your question, I often forget to do it. But will try to better myself and try to remember to enter. When it's not US centric contests. Which it seems to often be. And that is not really fair.

Now I'm gonna listen to Chuck Schumer and after that some Blondie. I bought some satsumas at the store, so will eat one of those too. Best fruit. Yellow and not orange though. :)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    madhat181 said:
    "A limited quantity of Orange Variant shirts will be randomly shipped along with purchase, in addition to black version. These customers will receive 2 shirts. "

They removed this part from the sales page. Are they not doing it anymore or they ran out? @Santos L. Halper

Probably decided not to do it anymore because some people felt the need to "stand up" against the insanity of giving out free orange shirts. I hate when stores give out free random things to customers. It sucks because then people could take those free items and sell them and it deeply affects me in my life. "Santos L. Halper" needs to stop doing cool things for us.  :o
    That is a mischaracterization. Those orange shirts aren't free. Everyone is paying for them. Yes -- the orange shirt you will get is paid for by everyone who didn't get one.

And they are used as a way to push more sales - "fear of missing out" etc.

It is not really fan-friendly.

Fan-friendly would be: Pick a color: Black or Orange. (And maybe Copenhagen 2007 bootleg included with all purchases)
    The simple solution?  Don't order one.  

Not fan-friendly? People ask for a shirt.  They give a possible shirt to order. They even give the possibility of a FREE (yes, free) extra orange shirt!  What do people do?  Bitch about it. Overthink it.  It's just a shirt, y'all. 
    This is why we cant have fun things
    +1
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    1) Yay, Halloween shirts! Ordering for the family.

2) Boo, ordering process. We're all different sizes, so I had to place multiple orders (can't order an XL and a L at the same time). This made my bank unhappy and caused credit card issues.

Anyway, onward. Looking forward to greeting trick-or-treaters in this shirt.
    Yes, placing multiple orders was annoying as hell.  It makes absolutely no sense why they couldn't put two shirts in the same damn package.    And then paying double shipping charges.   grrrrrr.     Not only that for my second order (for my husband's shirt) it wouldn't take the same credit card.  I had to use a different one.  WTH?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    Is there an adult in the room, kicking at the ground, saying "it's not fair"?
    Chaos, the only thing that's not fair is that Ace and Peter weren't invited to participate in the KISS "End of the Road" tour. 
    Ok, fuck Peter. But get rid of Tommy Thayer and bring back Ace!
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    madhat181 said:
    "A limited quantity of Orange Variant shirts will be randomly shipped along with purchase, in addition to black version. These customers will receive 2 shirts. "

They removed this part from the sales page. Are they not doing it anymore or they ran out? @Santos L. Halper

Probably decided not to do it anymore because some people felt the need to "stand up" against the insanity of giving out free orange shirts. I hate when stores give out free random things to customers. It sucks because then people could take those free items and sell them and it deeply affects me in my life. "Santos L. Halper" needs to stop doing cool things for us.  :o
    That is a mischaracterization. Those orange shirts aren't free. Everyone is paying for them. Yes -- the orange shirt you will get is paid for by everyone who didn't get one.

Fan-friendly would be: Pick a color: Black or Orange. (And maybe Copenhagen 2007 bootleg included with all purchases)

You must be a hoot at parties.
    I had a fear of missing out on some toilet paper, so I bought a large pack that came with bonus rolls. Thank you for paying for my TP!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    edited October 2018
    deadendp said:
    madhat181 said:

Not fan-friendly? People ask for a shirt.  They give a possible shirt to order. They even give the possibility of a FREE (yes, free) extra orange shirt!  What do people do?  Bitch about it. Overthink it.  It's just a shirt, y'all. 
    As we say in Sweden -- "Sometime you need to recognize a shovel as being a shovel". No big deal. It's just like throwing in "random colored vinyls" when all fans could have been offered colored vinyl -- which would, obviously, be a more fan-friendly way to go about it. Just because it is business as usual - doesn't mean it has to be that way. Or that you can't shine a light on the chosen practice. No big deal -- but the shovel is a shovel.

And the "then just don't buy it" is just moot and tired, but whatever - with that  fatalistic approach to life, why did PJ even take on Ticketmaster? No one needed to buy tickets.

"Never voice your opinions" - yeah sure... There are a lot of things - in this fanclub  -- that has changed for the better by people voicing their opinions. I also do believe this is a message board for discussions, and voicing opinions is part of that.

And this might be hard to understand with your  approach to life - but maybe I will disagree with the practice, and voice my concerns about it AND still order one and be very thankful for it and thinking it's so cool that I wear it on an upcoming Tinder date that which knows might lead to a marriage and kids and happiness :O That is also pretty simple.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited October 2018
    Milestone said:
    Is there an adult in the room, kicking at the ground, saying "it's not fair"?
    Chaos, the only thing that's not fair is that Ace and Peter weren't invited to participate in the KISS "End of the Road" tour. 
    Ok, fuck Peter. But get rid of Tommy Thayer and bring back Ace!
    YES! 

Even better would have been though if Peter and Ace didn't have sold their makeup-designs so that they could have went out with their own KISS.

Then both Gene and Paul and Ace and Peter would have had to come up with more designs for their new band members. And that would deepen the lore!

And I need a book about Jendell. How is it like there? I need more lore about the Space Ace! 

And yes, get rid of Tommy Thayer - or give him Vinnie Vincents design:

WHEN IS PEARL JAM DOING A HALLOWEEN SHOW IN KISS MAKEUP?! These t-shirts are not enough! We need Halloween shows!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    It's like writing a letter to Topps and requesting every pack of baseball cards include the same players. No Kris Bryant signatures if everyone can't have one. No random drawings, no games, no mystery, no joy - purchase your durable collectibles with absolute certainty or forfeit your soul.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with ordering it?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    deadendp said:
    madhat181 said:

As we say in Sweden -- "Sometime you need to recognize a shovel as being a shovel". No big deal. It's just like throwing in "random colored vinyls" when all fans could have been offered colored vinyl -- which would, obviously, be a more fan-friendly way to go about it. Just because it is business as usual - doesn't mean it has to be that way. Or that you can't shine a light on the chosen practice. No big deal -- but the shovel is a shovel.

And the "then just don't buy it" is just moot and tired, but whatever - with that  fatalistic approach to life, why did PJ even take on Ticketmaster? No one needed to buy tickets.

"Never voice your opinions" - yeah sure... There are a lot of things - in this fanclub  -- that has changed for the better by people voicing their opinions. I also do believe this is a message board for discussions, and voicing opinions is part of that.

And this might be hard to understand with your  approach to life - but maybe I will disagree with the practice, and voice my concerns about it AND still order one and be very thankful for it and thinking it's so cool that I wear it on an upcoming Tinder date that which knows might lead to a marriage and kids and happiness :O That is also pretty simple.

I remember when I was a kid, you would get different prizes in cereal boxes. We were poor, those boxes came by rarely and when they did, one of the 4 of us would call dibs.  It was what it was.  Did the entire set that was released on the packaging get released?  I'm not certain, but random choices were available in the cereal boxes of the early - mid 80's. I think it is okay that there are chances for some, but not all to get a prize. 

And I never asked for people not to express an opinion.  

And purchasing a shirt is an option.  

And that's a lot to hope for out of a shirt, but I wish you luck and happiness.  It never hurts to dream.  
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    madhat181 said:

I remember when I was a kid, you would get different prizes in cereal boxes. We were poor, those boxes came by rarely and when they did, one of the 4 of us would call dibs.  It was what it was.  Did the entire set that was released on the packaging get released?  I'm not certain, but random choices were available in the cereal boxes of the early - mid 80's. I think it is okay that there are chances for some, but not all to get a prize. 

And that's a lot to hope for out of a shirt, but I wish you luck and happiness.  It never hurts to dream.  

I just hope MR Tsurt isn't involved in these!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    madhat181 said:

I just hope MR Tsurt isn't involved in these!!!
    You had such a love for him... :rofl:
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    madhat181 said:

Probably did away with the idea so that when someone gets a black and orange, their (my) wife won't complain that he (I) bought two of the same shirts in different colors, knowing that she won't believe they gave away the orange one free. Santos is just helping to keep marriages together now that we are going into the holiday season.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    So, are the orange shirts still in play or not?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • How much is to much to pay for a tshirt... This will be so damn expansive with all the customs charges... but man it looks neat...
  • UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 449
    edited October 2018
    madhat181 said:

Your buying the 2018 Halloween shirt, and as a bonus a random draw will be done for the variants. What's not fan friendly about it? You don't like it, don't buy. I wish we could all get an orange variant, but then it wouldn't be as exciting would it? Fair, not fair, meh, life is not fair, even my kids know that!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • cool
    I have always meant to compliment your name. A play on Present Tense I imagine? Very humourous.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    hihobibo said:
    madhat181 said:

Probably did away with the idea so that when someone gets a black and orange, their (my) wife won't complain that he (I) bought two of the same shirts in different colors, knowing that she won't believe they gave away the orange one free. Santos is just helping to keep marriages together now that we are going into the holiday season.
    Best post I’ve read in a while! :lol:     
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Pap said:
    not sure if they can ship it to Greece.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,404
    has anyone ever asked about paying with paypal in the future?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    JV130312 said:
    It's been asked about a few times. I don't believe we have gotten an answer though.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    5 pages for a “meh” shirt?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Wobbie said:
    5 pages for a “meh” shirt?
    3.5 if you take out debating the merits of bonus shirts
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Pap said:
    not sure if they can ship it to Greece.
    :smile:  That's the not the problem. It turned out it was my fault.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    deadendp said:
    JV130312 said:
    It's been asked about a few times. I don't believe we have gotten an answer though.  
    It's been mentioned since the on old Rumor Pit back in 2005. The waiting continues ... 
  • palm0014palm0014 Ottawa, ON Posts: 52
    I like zombies.  I like Pearl Jam.  No brainer (pun intended!) for this guy!  Thanks for the awesome shirt!!!