Phish

13»

Comments

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    anyone going to chicago, please stop by here to support the mockingbird fundation

T.J. Catalani and the management of the Rock Bottom Brewery in Chicago are graciously fundraising for The Mockingbird Foundation on the weekend that Phish plays in Chicago.

They will be serving an ale, called "Sample," all weekend, and fifty (50) cents of every pint sold will be donated to Mockingbird. The ale is "a big, hoppy amber," that was "brewed with caramel malts and generous late kettle and dry hops for a touch of malt sweetness." It also has "a heady pungent hop aroma, bold resinous hop flavor and a touch of alcohol warmth." In addition it will be sold in mason jars with the Foundation's logo on them! Here are the details:

Thursday, July 18th: "Summer Honey Tapping Party." $1.00 from every pint of Summer Honey that is sold will benefit The Mockingbird Foundation! There will be live music beginning at 6pm from Whiskey Jezebel (http://whiskeyjezebel.com/) as well as "Complimentary Passed Appetizers" at 6pm. There will also be a 50/50 raffle with 50% of the pot going to the Foundation, with the drawing around 9pm.

Friday, July 19th through Sunday, July 21st: "Sample" ale will be served in mason jars, with $0.50 from every jar sold going to The Mockingbird Foundation.

The brewery's hours are 11 am until 2 am, and all ages are welcome. Please hit them pre and post show if you can and support this effort! They are right off the Red line at the Grand stop, at One West Grand. From the venue, you walk about twenty minutes to the Red line at Roosevelt (the closest stop to the venue) and head towards Howard. They're 5 stops away (7 or 8 minutes).

Phish.Net and The Mockingbird Foundation cannot thank Rock Bottom Brewery of Chicago enough for their generosity. This is the first time a brewpub has ever hosted a fundraiser like this and we are blown away. We hope you all support this effort! Thank you!
  • dkast85dkast85 NYC area Posts: 99
    Does anybody have a Saturday BGCA ticket? I have a sunday ticket I can trade.
    @DaveKast
    "Memory is the only paradise from which we cannot be driven." - Jean P. Richter
    Phoenix 2013, LA 1 2013, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Philly 1 2016, MSG 1 2016, MSG 2 2016, Fenway 2 2016.
  • Anyone have a GA for Saturday, cash for your extra. Will be flying in for the Wrigley show and hoping to catch the phish show saturday.
  • Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471
    Any chance Eddie or any of the boys sits in tonight with Phish. I don't see it happening but a guy can dream right?

On another note...did JB, MPP 2, and both Alpha's. What a great and fun run (except for the rain). Anyway, check out set 2 from JB. Rock and roll > 2001 > Tweezer > Cities > The Wedge. Some sick shit! MPP was awesome too...what a cool fucking venue. First time there.
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Bdog10 wrote:
    Any chance Eddie or any of the boys sits in tonight with Phish. I don't see it happening but a guy can dream right?

On another note...did JB, MPP 2, and both Alpha's. What a great and fun run (except for the rain). Anyway, check out set 2 from JB. Rock and roll > 2001 > Tweezer > Cities > The Wedge. Some sick shit! MPP was awesome too...what a cool fucking venue. First time there.
    I was at Atl night 2, too. Good lord it rained!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471
    LukinFan wrote:
    Bdog10 wrote:

It sure did... I was able to get down into the pavs. Walk back to the car sucked though.
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Bdog10 wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    Bdog10 wrote:

It sure did... I was able to get down into the pavs. Walk back to the car sucked though.
    We had the lawn - it got to the point where it just didn't matter anymore.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    Stoked for tonights make up show in Toronto. Hopefully the boys see the funny side and topical relevance of playing Drowned tonight. I would lose my shit if they played Drowned, Harry Hood, Divided Sky, and AC/DC Bag. Chances of that happenning? Any other 10C folks heading to the show? See ya in the pit.

q
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    Stoked for tonights make up show in Toronto. Hopefully the boys see the funny side and topical relevance of playing Drowned tonight. I would lose my shit if they played Drowned, Harry Hood, Divided Sky, and AC/DC Bag. Chances of that happenning? Any other 10C folks heading to the show? See ya in the pit.

q

So they didn't play any of the tunes mentioned above .:cry: But holy shit was that ever a fun show. :D I'm officially Phish Hooked! First set 81min, second set 98min, I could have rocked out to another full set easily. Just what i need, to be obsessed with another band that hardly ever comes to my city. :fp:

q
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

q

So they didn't play any of the tunes mentioned above .:cry: But holy shit was that ever a fun show. :D I'm officially Phish Hooked! First set 81min, second set 98min, I could have rocked out to another full set easily. Just what i need, to be obsessed with another band that hardly ever comes to my city. :fp:

q

Yeah. You're screwed.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    fall tour is up
    tahoe tweezer :shock:
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    tahoe tweezer :shock:
    :shock:

Doing PJ Hartford, Phish Worcester (hopefully lottery).
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Wow gutted for all those who travelled and had been looking forward to this one.  That’s rough news to find out the day before.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    ST66483 said:
    Wow gutted for all those who travelled and had been looking forward to this one.  That’s rough news to find out the day before.
    I just heard, that blows.  For those of us who were having a friend grab them a slip stitch vinyl, think it will end up in the shop?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • radar99radar99 Denver Posts: 6
    I just changed my flight.  Looks like I'll be spending the weekend in Chicago instead of upstate New York.  Who has my Wrigley N1 ticket?   ;)
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    radar99 said:
    I just changed my flight.  Looks like I'll be spending the weekend in Chicago instead of upstate New York.  Who has my Wrigley N1 ticket?   ;)
    Good luck. You should be able to find something, enjoy. I'll be at Dick's, you too I'm assuming
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 561
    Kinda random, but I’m looking for some funny Phish photos to make something for a friend - and don’t know them well enough to pick them out on my own. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
  • Audio stream for tonight’s show (night 1 in Mexico)...

http://mixlr.com/pholdenurown/
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Spock’s Brain opener da whaaaa? First time played since 2003. That’s like the equivalent of PJ opening a show with Get Right or something!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• https://youtu.be/sPnjKoo52eY ... live video stream
    Central Park 15

• guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    DICKS! That time of year approaches. Phish playing 3 shows at Dick’s Stadium again, Labor Day weekend,  since 2011 🎉, which is the only year I wasn’t there 😉. This was going to be the first year camping there but because of the plague, yes the plague 🙄, no camping allowed 😖. Won’t stop me from celebrating my 60th BD though 😉. I’m actually going to celebrate my 30th times 2 😜. Plan on trippin’ balls all 3 nights, face melting mandatory 😱. After all, these are kinda legal here 🍄🍄🍄. And a few doses couldn’t hurt 🤣. I may never come back from the dark side. They are my other Phamily!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    This October I’m going to see Trey in Geneva NY. What are the solo acoustic shows like? This will be my first solo show. 
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited August 2019
    DICKS! That time of year approaches. Phish playing 3 shows at Dick’s Stadium again, Labor Day weekend,  since 2011 🎉, which is the only year I wasn’t there 😉. This was going to be the first year camping there but because of the plague, yes the plague 🙄, no camping allowed 😖. Won’t stop me from celebrating my 60th BD though 😉. I’m actually going to celebrate my 30th times 2 😜. Plan on trippin’ balls all 3 nights, face melting mandatory 😱. After all, these are kinda legal here 🍄🍄🍄. And a few doses couldn’t hurt 🤣. I may never come back from the dark side. They are my other Phamily!
    Ohh man, have a blast and a happy birthday to ya! Wish I was out there, I went to Dicks in 2015 and 2017 and it’s always a great time. I saw JRAD at Red Rocks the night before in 2017, and they’re actually playing there tonight as well. Forgot the boomers are legal out there now! Stay on the dark side, it’s better 😆. I’m gonna try to get back out there next year. Stay away from the prairie dogs, try not to get the plague lol, and give us your recap of every show if you can. I’ll be watching the webcasts. Enjoy your time out there!
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Central Park 15

• SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    This October I’m going to see Trey in Geneva NY. What are the solo acoustic shows like? This will be my first solo show. 
    I saw Trey in Athens, GA last year. It was amazing to hear him play all those Phish songs in an intimate setting like that. The shows are laid back and relaxing which is nice. The crowd sings along, Trey tells some funny stories, and the jams have an ambient feel to them. There’s a bunch of his acoustic shows on youtube. I think you’ll enjoy it.
    Central Park 15

I saw Trey in Athens, GA last year. It was amazing to hear him play all those Phish songs in an intimate setting like that. The shows are laid back and relaxing which is nice. The crowd sings along, Trey tells some funny stories, and the jams have an ambient feel to them. There’s a bunch of his acoustic shows on youtube. I think you’ll enjoy it.
    Nice!!! Thanks for sharing. I’m looking forward to it. 
    So the Trey show this week was excellent. And I got a wicked poster for the show.