• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,102
    no Doubt both parties suck

one just sucks a lot more
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2018
    What is Fahrenheit 9/11 in Celsius?
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Catch XXII  (Heller stole the idea from Marcus Aurelius)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

We use the metric system... 
    Haha!  But what is the "/" between numbers? (I would know but in the midst of converting to metric, we, uh, yeah...  SCREWED IT UP!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Has anyone gone to see this yet?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    brianlux said:
    We use the metric system... 
    Haha!  But what is the "/" between numbers? (I would know but in the midst of converting to metric, we, uh, yeah...  SCREWED IT UP!)
    11/9 was the day Trump was elected VP of Russia.

OK, now I get it.  Yes, I'm a bit slow this week :tongue:

Has anyone gone to see this yet?
    I heard it bombed at the box office
    9/11 made big bucks

critics gave it good review, IMDB fan reviews low obviously same reason Blackkklansman, Black Panther got bad reviews.

I might go this coming weekend
  • CROJAM95 said:
    9/11 made big bucks

critics gave it good review, IMDB fan reviews low obviously same reason Blackkklansman, Black Panther got bad reviews.

I haven't enjoyed anything he's done in a while.  Let me know please.

Black panther got bad reviews, really?

Blackkklansman is the next movie I want to see.
    CROJAM95 said:
    9/11 made big bucks

I haven't enjoyed anything he's done in a while.  Let me know please.

Black panther got bad reviews, really?

Blackkklansman is the next movie I want to see.
    There’s been talk that people purposely gave some recent films 1/10 reviews to drive its score down due certain people not being down with the content 

its the petty times we live in

no ones for anything, just against things

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I decided to go see Columbine for Bowling instead.  Mark it a zero, Dude.
  • Has anyone gone to see this yet?
    I did go and see it.  I think it is worth watching.  When we went to the Krakow show we visited Auschwitz and Birkenau.  At Birkenau I had this moment where I realized how precious and tenuous democracy really is.  How it all go to shit in the blink of an eye when people buy into hateful vitriol and an "us against them" mentality. 
    Don't think it "can't happen here".  It could happen anywhere.  Not all Germans were on board with Hitler, but he did it anyway. 
    I did go and see it.  I think it is worth watching.  When we went to the Krakow show we visited Auschwitz and Birkenau.  At Birkenau I had this moment where I realized how precious and tenuous democracy really is.  How it all go to shit in the blink of an eye when people buy into hateful vitriol and an "us against them" mentality. 
    Don't think it "can't happen here".  It could happen anywhere.  Not all Germans were on board with Hitler, but he did it anyway. 
    I want to see it again, just haven't gotten to it yet.

What an amazing experience for you on that trip.  You are so right, it could happen anywhere!  I have not been to Germany but I have close friends who are German whom I have seen here in the U.S. on several occasions as well as people from Germany I've met at the bookstore and elsewhere and knowing these people, it hard to understand how all that happened there.  I think the people of Germany have learned a lot and have much shame over those years.  One German friend brought his mother over to visit one year (she spoke zero English) and I showed them my converted garage/bookstore and, of all the dumb luck, one of the first books they saw was this:

It was sitting there face up waiting to be shelved.  They both immediately freaked out.  I desperately tried to explain that this was not a Nazi but but rather a well researched, objective, scholarly work of history.  I think I finally got them to understand. but in any case, it was  very telling experience. 

Let's hope the rest of the world learned from all this too... but sometimes I wonder and worry.

• brianlux said:

What an amazing experience for you on that trip.  You are so right, it could happen anywhere!  I have not been to Germany but I have close friends who are German whom I have seen here in the U.S. on several occasions as well as people from Germany I've met at the bookstore and elsewhere and knowing these people, it hard to understand how all that happened there.  I think the people of Germany have learned a lot and have much shame over those years.  One German friend brought his mother over to visit one year (she spoke zero English) and I showed them my converted garage/bookstore and, of all the dumb luck, one of the first books they saw was this:

It was sitting there face up waiting to be shelved.  They both immediately freaked out.  I desperately tried to explain that this was not a Nazi but but rather a well researched, objective, scholarly work of history.  I think I finally got them to understand. but in any case, it was  very telling experience. 

Let's hope the rest of the world learned from all this too... but sometimes I wonder and worry.
    @brianlux when I was in Baghdad there were books like any normal bookstore would have and I happen to notice all the Swastikas on a few of the books.  I do know that Mein Kempf was one of them because of the cover.  I took a picture of this because it seemed very odd and I can only speculate why they had so many books like that.  
    brianlux said:

@brianlux when I was in Baghdad there were books like any normal bookstore would have and I happen to notice all the Swastikas on a few of the books.  I do know that Mein Kempf was one of them because of the cover.  I took a picture of this because it seemed very odd and I can only speculate why they had so many books like that.  
    Baghdad of all places?! 

And, wow, would love to hear some of you perceptions/ experiences there!

• brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Baghdad of all places?! 

And, wow, would love to hear some of you perceptions/ experiences there!
    Give me a DM Brian and I would love to share my experience over there.  Like I tell anyone who will listen, if you have a chance to go to Iraq, don't.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2018
    The amazing thing about Germany is they don’t let anyone forget.
    Somehow in Nortg America all of the narcissism has resulted in people not focusing on what is happening.  Everyone is too worried about their social media account than freedom and liberty.

I’m really hoping the controversy with Kavanagh will help my American friends understand the situation.  Trump has “hinted” at getting more than two terms (demonstrated in the movie).

Russia was democratic until Putin “fixed” that problem.

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on