Options

Nick Cave

Comments

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Just bought a ticket to see Nick Cave for the first time in Dallas next month.  Can't wait!  
    Awesome, have a great night!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Just bought a ticket to see Nick Cave for the first time in Dallas next month.  Can't wait!  

You will have great time..maybe the last great performer..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Thanks!  Seeing Nine Inch Nails two nights later so should be an outstanding week.
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 678
    Went to see him with Warren Ellis last night and it was easily one of the best live shows I have ever seen. First time seeing them live and just blown away. Absolutely incredible. 
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 687
    Really looking forward to their show at Massey Hall, I’ve seen Nick solo and with the Bad Seeds, but never just he and Warren. Glad you enjoyed the show.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    ST66483 said:
    Really looking forward to their show at Massey Hall, I’ve seen Nick solo and with the Bad Seeds, but never just he and Warren. Glad you enjoyed the show.
    Saw them in Los Angeles last week.  Great show.  Let me know if you want any spoilers!
  • Options
    I looked at some set lists, but feel free to spoil away with anything else!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    ST66483 said:
    I looked at some set lists, but feel free to spoil away with anything else!
    The on-stage line-up is Nick, Warren, 3 back-up singers and one other fella who plays guitar, drums and keyboards.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    Cave fans, if you haven't seen it, be sure to check out the Wim Wenders film "Wings of Desire".  Has a cool scene with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.
    Amazoncom Wings Of Desire DVD  Movies  TVWings of Desire  Its Horrific Offspring  alterpast

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Thanks for sharing @JOEJOEJOE and @brianlux
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    ST66483 said:
    Thanks for sharing @JOEJOEJOE and @brianlux

Sure thing, ST.  Enjoy the show and let us know how it goes!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    just got tickets for his solo show in chicago.
    Never seen him before.....excited.
    He's not out of his prime yet is he? :)
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Malroth said:
    First time??..oh, get ready..go as closer to the stage you can..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Saw him last year with Warren Ellis and it was fantastic. I also got tickets yesterday to the solo tour - looking forward to it.

I love the Bad Seeds shows, but all his other incarnations have been great too.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Got tickets to Nashville and Asheville.  Was nice not to have to battle for tickets.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    GoT Balcony tix in Austin.  Will be my first show.  Though I had tickets to a show in Detroit during the Nocturama tour, but doing drugs or partying led me to miss it.  Shortly after that I got to see Warren with the Dirty 3 at Magic Stick with maybe 50 other people there and it was phenomenal. It will be good to finally see Nick Cave even though it will be without Warren and the rest of the seeds.  If any other Austin fans are going, lets have a meet up and drink some beers!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Malroth said:
    First time??..oh, get ready..go as closer to the stage you can..

think I got tickets pretty close kind if hard to tell

• Options
    Have two tickets to Asheville (Floor 2, Row H) that I can't use as seeing PJ in Austin that night.  Would sell for $100 each (original price was $140 and with fees $165.  Can transfer via Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    Have two tickets to Asheville (Floor 2, Row H) that I can't use as seeing PJ in Austin that night.  Would sell for $100 each (original price was $140 and with fees $165.  Can transfer via Ticketmaster.
    Wish I lived in Asheville!  I paid $140 to be at the side of the upper balcony at the Moody Theater here in Austin in October.   If anyone lives near Asheville, buy these tickets and have your mind blown!
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    Wish I lived in Asheville!  I paid $140 to be at the side of the upper balcony at the Moody Theater here in Austin in October.   If anyone lives near Asheville, buy these tickets and have your mind blown!
    Thanks for the bump.  I didn't realize I double booked when I setup the Austin PJ trip until a month or so later and was pissed.  Would have probably just done Nick Cave in Asheville and maybe done the DFW show.  Good problems.
  • Options
    ticket says 8. does anyone know what time cave will take stage
  • Options
    FREE TICKET  if anyone in Austin wants to see the show on the 23rd at Moody Theater hit me up.  I can't make it due to travelling for work and would like for a Nick Cave fan, or a music fan to be able to check out what will be an amazing show.  The resale marketplace is a disaster so I'm just giving this away. Balc 5 Row G seat 420,  great unobstructed view of the stage.  I am bummed.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Very kind offer @static111 - I went the other night in Toronto and the show was great. This tour is just Nick on piano and Colin from Radiohead on bass. Hope someone can take you up on your offer.
  • Options
    Free ticket to what will be an amazing show for anyone in the Austin area, or even someone who may be here on business etc.!
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    New album out in August!    First single actually sounds like music again (not knocking the last few records but the style was getting a little old). 
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,885
    New album out in August!    First single actually sounds like music again (not knocking the last few records but the style was getting a little old). 
    I bought the last two records and didn't like them at all. I probably will not buy this one. I will just stream it to see if it's gotten any better.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 328
    I think the last 3 Nick Cave albums are among the best he has ever done, if not the best; and far superior to nearly every artist this late into their career.

New single is great too.
  • Options
    They are interesting works for sure, but they got a little movie score(ish).   Which i enjoy his movie scores.  Downloaded the Blonde score.  But prefer the Bad Seeds with some drums and guitars along with piano. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to the new album, new single sounds good. I’m lukewarm on the last few albums. While I liked them, I don’t reach for  them nearly as often as some of the other bad seeds stuff. My favourite is still No More Shall We Part.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,885
    ST66483 said:
    Looking forward to the new album, new single sounds good. I’m lukewarm on the last few albums. While I liked them, I don’t reach for  them nearly as often as some of the other bad seeds stuff. My favourite is still No More Shall We Part.
    Absolutely No More Shall We Part and Murder Ballads are two of my favs.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2