Options

BILL COSBY IS A CONVICTED RAPIST

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I wonder if he'll even see the inside of a prison cell. they are going to appeal, and I don't know they'll incarcerate him during that process if he was allowed bail during the initial trial. it's quite possible he'll die before this is all resolved. 
    I asked the same thing above, but his bail was revoked and he is being take straight to county for processing then on to state at some point.  He was taking off valuables in the court room.
    really? awesome. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Really why has this not gotten any traction in the news i mean multiple victims and this is the 1st i'm hearing of it , where is the big mouth Sharpton on this ....
    Because there is no evidence.
    interesting. I thought multiple accusations was enough......
    Yeah, for a SCOTUS nominee.

no, one accusation is enough for a SCOTUS nominee apparrently. multiple are good for a conviction of anyone. I just thought it was interesting since this post from 2014 doesn't seem to line up at all with current opinions. 
    Lol. Jesus, I can't believe you actually spent your time doing this HFD. I'm really not sure what your motivation is here, but I know it's not just because you find it "interesting".
    Yes, it all lines up. As dankind pointed out, and as I pointed out myself several times in the AMT, the fact that it's a SCOTUS nominee during confirmation hearings is EXTREMELY relevant.
    Also, my perspective about media coverage of Cosby 4 years ago isn't relevant now in any case, whether you compare it to the totally different situation with Kavanaugh or not. Has it occurred to you that my evolving perspective, as shown in this thread and others, has been influenced by the Cosby case and how accusations are handled and perceived? I guess not.
    spent time looking back at the original post and then noticing your post a few below that, that completely contradicts your current opinion on the matter? it was about 2 seconds. 

as I pointed out to dankind, the take of many is this:

-one accusation is good enough to disqualify a SCOTUS nominee, so that's not what I was referencing here
    -multiple accusations make them all credible, no matter who the accused is (but back in 2014, to you, not cosby)

yes, I did find it interesting. why? because it's a complete 180. and in the context of a discussion about sexual assault/rape, that's pretty significant. 

but by all means, assume I have some ulterior motive. ok.  
    I think your ulterior motive was to basically just try and stick it to me, lol.
    And no, it's not a complete 180. Once I knew there were multiple accusers and had the details I was fully convinced. What you quoted above was me explaining why there was no traction in the media, not me stating that I didn't believe multiple accusers. I think I did say something early on about being suspicious but reserving my ultimate decision until I knew more, and that was short-lived, because I did learn more and made a decision.
    just checking to see if you still find a cartoon of Cosby assaulting a woman on the street funny?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Now that this whole thing is over (besides any appeals), I'm just thinking about how fucked up it really is. I mean, someone doing that stuff is always fucked up of course, but the fact that BILL COSBY, "America's dad", was doing it all these years is especially crazy. I find it difficult to understand what could be going on in someone's head when they are living such an extreme Jekyll and Hyde life as this. Does anyone know if psychiatrists have weighed in on Cosby in a meaningful way?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Really why has this not gotten any traction in the news i mean multiple victims and this is the 1st i'm hearing of it , where is the big mouth Sharpton on this ....

no, one accusation is enough for a SCOTUS nominee apparrently. multiple are good for a conviction of anyone. I just thought it was interesting since this post from 2014 doesn't seem to line up at all with current opinions. 
    Lol. Jesus, I can't believe you actually spent your time doing this HFD. I'm really not sure what your motivation is here, but I know it's not just because you find it "interesting".
    Yes, it all lines up. As dankind pointed out, and as I pointed out myself several times in the AMT, the fact that it's a SCOTUS nominee during confirmation hearings is EXTREMELY relevant.
    Also, my perspective about media coverage of Cosby 4 years ago isn't relevant now in any case, whether you compare it to the totally different situation with Kavanaugh or not. Has it occurred to you that my evolving perspective, as shown in this thread and others, has been influenced by the Cosby case and how accusations are handled and perceived? I guess not.
    spent time looking back at the original post and then noticing your post a few below that, that completely contradicts your current opinion on the matter? it was about 2 seconds. 

-one accusation is good enough to disqualify a SCOTUS nominee, so that's not what I was referencing here
    -multiple accusations make them all credible, no matter who the accused is (but back in 2014, to you, not cosby)

yes, I did find it interesting. why? because it's a complete 180. and in the context of a discussion about sexual assault/rape, that's pretty significant. 

And no, it's not a complete 180. Once I knew there were multiple accusers and had the details I was fully convinced. What you quoted above was me explaining why there was no traction in the media, not me stating that I didn't believe multiple accusers. I think I did say something early on about being suspicious but reserving my ultimate decision until I knew more, and that was short-lived, because I did learn more and made a decision.
    just checking to see if you still find a cartoon of Cosby assaulting a woman on the street funny?

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

cute...but no.  I'm curious if her perspective has changed on the GIF as well.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Ya, that was a funny gif! It wasn't a cartoon though. It was a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man, lol!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Why would it have? I think you showed that you don't get my humour after he was found guilty.
    Know what's also funny? That you're asking about this. :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Why would it have? I think you showed that you don't get my humour after he was found guilty.
    you are right i don't get your humor. in fact i find it a bit disturbing especially for a woman to find that funny.  how is having a GIF of a convicted rapist assaulting a woman funny? it wasn't funny a year ago and now that the fucker is going to prison it isn't funny now.  I guess we will just agree to disagree on it.

find any good Kavanaugh assaulting women GIFs to laugh at?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

having only seen that post right now (can't see images at work, so I went on my phone to look), I'm quite surprised you find that appropriate, never mind humourous. I mean, the only way that gif makes sense is in the context of him being a convicted rapist. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

you are right i don't get your humor. in fact i find it a bit disturbing especially for a woman to find that funny.  how is having a GIF of a convicted rapist assaulting a woman funny? it wasn't funny a year ago and now that the fucker is going to prison it isn't funny now.  I guess we will just agree to disagree on it.

Brilliant idea!!!

Someone with gif-making skills can surely do this. Below is your template.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Brilliant idea!!!

so more than 1 person finds GIFs of sexual assault funny. especially in today's environment. surprising
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Brilliant idea!!!

so more than 1 person finds GIFs of sexual assault funny. especially in today's environment. surprising

I don't think that blow up thingy had genitals.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Brilliant idea!!!

genitals are't required for sexual assault.  sounds like Brett Kavanaugh's virginity defense
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

having only seen that post right now (can't see images at work, so I went on my phone to look), I'm quite surprised you find that appropriate, never mind humourous. I mean, the only way that gif makes sense is in the context of him being a convicted rapist. 

I never expect comedy to be appropriate. I'm a person who thinks that literally nothing is off limits when it comes to comedy. I couldn't care less if someone finds a joke inappropriate.... Actually, I think people finding a joke inappropriate and complaining about it and being oh so serious about it makes the joke even funnier! So keep it up folks! :lol:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Brilliant idea!!!

Good to see that you deleted the tired old male classic "daughter" example. I don't know what's worse, the "daughter/sister/mother" example or the "black friend" example.

Anyway, I'll answer that lost question, since what you wrote above isn't worthy of a response -- and I actually feel like I Iost a few IQ points just by reading it.

If my daughter (or anyone, for that matter) were to appear in the video/gif above, then yes, I would still find it funny. If my daughter (or, again, anyone) were to experience an actual sexual assault by an actual human being, then, no, that would not be funny.

OK, I still feel like I lost a few IQ points by addressing that, but I didn't want to leave you hanging.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    pjhawks said:
    lolobugg said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Brilliant idea!!!

genitals are't required for sexual assault.  sounds like Brett Kavanaugh's virginity defense

dude. it was a joke. ease up a little. I think that you will find that everyone here agrees with the fact that Kavanaugh is a scum bag. I don't see the relation to the GIF???

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I never expect comedy to be appropriate. I'm a person who thinks that literally nothing is off limits when it comes to comedy. I couldn't care less if someone finds a joke inappropriate.... Actually, I think people finding a joke inappropriate and complaining about it and being oh so serious about it makes the joke even funnier! So keep it up folks! :lol:

trash. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

trash. 
    You're calling me trash?!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

you obviously don't give a shit about the implications of humour like that, and the effect it can and will have on some of those that view it.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

you obviously don't give a shit about the implications of humour like that, and the effect it can and will have on some of those that view it.
    I think those who allow comedy to impose such implications are the ones creating the problem, so I do give a shit in the sense that I think it's harmful to society to allow those who give comedy that kind of power a legitimate voice. I think the negative reactions to that gif are ridiculous and stupid ... and such reactions only serve to strengthen my own viewpoint on this issue.
    NOTHING is off limits in comedy. No exceptions.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:
    pjhawks said:
    lolobugg said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Brilliant idea!!!

dude. it was a joke. ease up a little. I think that you will find that everyone here agrees with the fact that Kavanaugh is a scum bag. I don't see the relation to the GIF???
    The original GIF had Cosby's face on the balloon. so Cosby assaulting a woman. a few found that funny even after his rape conviction.  
  • Options

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    PJ_Soul said:

Yep!  Still funny
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

I think those who allow comedy to impose such implications are the ones creating the problem, so I do give a shit in the sense that I think it's harmful to society to allow those who give comedy that kind of power a legitimate voice. I think the negative reactions to that gif are ridiculous and stupid ... and such reactions only serve to strengthen my own viewpoint on this issue.
    Even a picture of a possible Supreme Court Justice putting a flag made of women's panties up?  I imagine those guys thought that was funny so i guess in your mind that is ok?  Kind of a different attitude than what you are portraying in the Kavanaugh thread. and yes I know the Kavanaugh case goes deeper than just a picture but i'm fascinated by the difference you are portraying in the two separate threads.

how about Al Franken pretending to grab the woman's tits on the airplane as she slept? him and the others on the plane thought it was funny? ok with that too?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

I'm not going to list all the things that I think might give you pause on your "no exceptions" policy, but I'll just say that there's room for decency in the world, and a sexual assault victim's negative reaction to a sexual assault gif is not "ridiculous and stupid". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited September 2018
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

Even a picture of a possible Supreme Court Justice putting a flag made of women's panties up?  I imagine those guys thought that was funny so i guess in your mind that is ok?  Kind of a different attitude than what you are portraying in the Kavanaugh thread. and yes I know the Kavanaugh case goes deeper than just a picture but i'm fascinated by the difference you are portraying in the two separate threads.

how about Al Franken pretending to grab the woman's tits on the airplane as she slept? him and the others on the plane thought it was funny? ok with that too?
    When I said nothing, I meant nothing. This has literally NOTHING to do with my views about actual sexual assault. People being offended by a joke is irrelevant to me. People seem to think that being offended by a joke actually means something. It doesn't. Stephen Fry said it well:

Also, people simply finding something funny doesn't = comedy. Some men might stand around watching a woman get raped and laugh, or laugh over a hate crime. That's doesn't mean the acts are comedy. And Al Franken groping a sleeping woman without her consent falls under that category. That's a sex crime, not comedy. Crimes that people happen to find funny aren't comedy, and I'm sure you know that. What that does have in common with comedy, though, is that whether or not someone is offended by it is completely irrelevant.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    dankind said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

trash. 
    not you. that post. 

What I said nothing, I meant nothing. This has literally NOTHING to do with my views about actual sexual assault.
    Also, people simply finding something funny doesn't = comedy. Some men might stand around watching a woman get raped and laugh, or laugh over a hate crime. That's doesn't mean the acts are comedy. And Al Franken groping a sleeping woman without her consent falls under that category. That's a sex crime, not comedy. Crimes that people happen to find funny aren't comedy, and I'm sure you know that.
    i don't believe Franken actually touched her in the picture.  so not a crime just poor taste...or comedy according to your standards. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Imagine if pjhawks scrolled through Anthony jeselnik’s twitter feed?!?!?