Options

BILL COSBY IS A CONVICTED RAPIST

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kinda like Sammy Sosa forgot how to speak English...
    And then became a white person.
    http://cliptank.com/funny-clips/dave-chappelle-black-k-k-k-member.html

Not even actually related. I was simply reminded of this, and I think it's funny. :tongue:

Please take your funny to another thread.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    PJ_Soul said:
    Kinda like Sammy Sosa forgot how to speak English...
    And then became a white person.
    http://cliptank.com/funny-clips/dave-chappelle-black-k-k-k-member.html

Not even actually related. I was simply reminded of this, and I think it's funny. :tongue:

Please take your funny to another thread.
    Phenomenal Chappelle skit.  Bringing it back to the topic at hand, Chappelle doesn't rape women.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I would still eat a jello pudding pop if I could find one.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I would still eat a jello pudding pop if I could find one.
    Hell yeah
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    I would imagine he’ll stay out of prison on appeals, until he croaks.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    I understand that his defense team indicated that they were "absolutely" going to appeal. I wonder what the legal grounds of the appeal will be? You can't just appeal because you don't like the decision; you have to evince a legal error.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    I understand that his defense team indicated that they were "absolutely" going to appeal. I wonder what the legal grounds of the appeal will be? You can't just appeal because you don't like the decision; you have to evince a legal error.
    would center on the ruling allowing other  alleged victims to testify about prior bad acts that were never charged.

1st trial all but 1 were excluded as predudicial
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    dignin said:
    now THIS is funny.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    dignin said:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I wonder if Bill chastised the jury like this after their verdict ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZlQaE4GDUY
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450

so canadian of you. our only requisite for an appeal is more money.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    being sentenced today. the judge has already agreed to designate him a sexually violent predator. prosecution is asking for maximum of 5-10 years. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Really why has this not gotten any traction in the news i mean multiple victims and this is the 1st i'm hearing of it , where is the big mouth Sharpton on this ....
    Because there is no evidence.
    interesting. I thought multiple accusations was enough......
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    sentenced to 3-10 years in state prison
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Really why has this not gotten any traction in the news i mean multiple victims and this is the 1st i'm hearing of it , where is the big mouth Sharpton on this ....
    Yeah, for a SCOTUS nominee.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

no, one accusation is enough for a SCOTUS nominee apparrently. multiple are good for a conviction of anyone. I just thought it was interesting since this post from 2014 doesn't seem to line up at all with current opinions. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    sentenced to 3-10 years in state prison
    good for the judge.  can't wait to hear people say you shouldn't put an 81 year old blind man in prison. i know it's coming...
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I haven't seen it, have they said he can be out pending appeals or what?  If he is, he'll never see a day and the sentence is meaningless.

Edit: here's the answer.  Wow

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited September 2018
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

no, one accusation is enough for a SCOTUS nominee apparrently. multiple are good for a conviction of anyone. I just thought it was interesting since this post from 2014 doesn't seem to line up at all with current opinions. 
    Lol. Jesus, I can't believe you actually spent your time doing this HFD. I'm really not sure what your motivation is here, but I know it's not just because you find it "interesting".
    Yes, it all lines up. As dankind pointed out, and as I pointed out myself several times in the AMT, the fact that it's a SCOTUS nominee during confirmation hearings is EXTREMELY relevant.
    Also, my perspective about media coverage of Cosby 4 years ago isn't relevant now in any case, whether you compare it to the totally different situation with Kavanaugh or not. Has it occurred to you that my evolving perspective, as shown in this thread and others, has been influenced by the Cosby case, by Trump, by Weinstein, by #metoo, and how accusations are handled and perceived? I guess not.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol. Jesus, I can't believe you actually spent your time doing this HFD. I'm really not sure what your motivation is here, but I know it's not just because you find it "interesting".
    Yes, it all lines up. As dankind pointed out, and as I pointed out myself several times in the AMT, the fact that it's a SCOTUS nominee during confirmation hearings is EXTREMELY relevant.
    Also, my perspective about media coverage of Cosby 4 years ago isn't relevant now in any case, whether you compare it to the totally different situation with Kavanaugh or not. Has it occurred to you that my evolving perspective, as shown in this thread and others, has been influenced by the Cosby case and how accusations are handled and perceived? I guess not.
    spent time looking back at the original post and then noticing your post a few below that, that completely contradicts your current opinion on the matter? it was about 2 seconds. 

as I pointed out to dankind, the take of many is this:

-one accusation is good enough to disqualify a SCOTUS nominee, so that's not what I was referencing here
    -multiple accusations make them all credible, no matter who the accused is (but back in 2014, to you, not cosby)

yes, I did find it interesting. why? because it's a complete 180. and in the context of a discussion about sexual assault/rape, that's pretty significant. 

but by all means, assume I have some ulterior motive. ok.  
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    what does it mean, 3-10 years? doesn't that just mean he'll serve 3 years?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Basically.  Read that the average sentence in PA for this is 2-5, so definitely didn't take it easy on him.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Also, my perspective about media coverage of Cosby 4 years ago isn't relevant now in any case, whether you compare it to the totally different situation with Kavanaugh or not. Has it occurred to you that my evolving perspective, as shown in this thread and others, has been influenced by the Cosby case and how accusations are handled and perceived? I guess not.
    spent time looking back at the original post and then noticing your post a few below that, that completely contradicts your current opinion on the matter? it was about 2 seconds. 

as I pointed out to dankind, the take of many is this:

-one accusation is good enough to disqualify a SCOTUS nominee, so that's not what I was referencing here
    -multiple accusations make them all credible, no matter who the accused is (but back in 2014, to you, not cosby)

yes, I did find it interesting. why? because it's a complete 180. and in the context of a discussion about sexual assault/rape, that's pretty significant. 

but by all means, assume I have some ulterior motive. ok.  
    I think your ulterior motive was to basically just try and stick it to me, lol.
    And no, it's not a complete 180. Once I knew there were multiple accusers and had the details I was fully convinced. What you quoted above was me explaining why there was no traction in the media, not me stating that I didn't believe multiple accusers. I think I did say something early on about being suspicious but reserving my ultimate decision until I knew more, and that was short-lived, because I did learn more and made a decision.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Basically.  Read that the average sentence in PA for this is 2-5, so definitely didn't take it easy on him.
    I get that the prosecution was asking for 5-10. But since when does a sentence from the judge include the range in it? is it because of sex offender status that they can choose to keep him in for the maximum 10 if they believe he'll reoffend?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I wonder if he'll even see the inside of a prison cell. they are going to appeal, and I don't know they'll incarcerate him during that process if he was allowed bail during the initial trial. it's quite possible he'll die before this is all resolved. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I wonder if he'll even see the inside of a prison cell. they are going to appeal, and I don't know they'll incarcerate him during that process if he was allowed bail during the initial trial. it's quite possible he'll die before this is all resolved. 
    I asked the same thing above, but his bail was revoked and he is being take straight to county for processing then on to state at some point.  He was taking off valuables in the court room.
  • Options
    I get that the prosecution was asking for 5-10. But since when does a sentence from the judge include the range in it? is it because of sex offender status that they can choose to keep him in for the maximum 10 if they believe he'll reoffend?
    I think most sentences in the US are a range.  The minimum is when you get out if you behave well, the max is the max.
  • Options
    I asked the same thing above, but his bail was revoked and he is being take straight to county for processing then on to state at some point.  He was taking off valuables in the court room.
    Yeah, he'll be spending at least some time behind bars.... I'm going to guess that he'll be separated from other prisoners.