Chris cornell - new song and compilation

This morning, Howard Stern played a snippet of a new song from an upcoming compilation.  Anyone know the story?  I haven’t seen anything online about it.  The new song sounded like the promise.  Stern said the 17 song compilation would have two new songs, nothing compares to you, SG songs, TOD songs, and solo stuff.  No mention of audioslave.  First off, 17 songs is way too short.  But what’s the deal about his?  Any word on other unreleased material?  

For what hat it’s worth, Howard often fucks up announcements like this. 

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Announcement on Friday, also check out the porch for the thread with more info 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Here's the new song. It's good.

I am super bummed that they aren't releasing that boxset on vinyl. They're just doing a 2LP mini version, which sucks. I'd LOVE to spend money on a huge vinyl boxset that mirrors the CD package. I probably won't bother with the 2LP thing. It's just a big disappointment to me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    PJ_Soul said:

I am super bummed that they aren't releasing that boxset on vinyl. They're just doing a 2LP mini version, which sucks. I'd LOVE to spend money on a huge vinyl boxset that mirrors the CD package. I probably won't bother with the 2LP thing. It's just a big disappointment to me.
    Doesn’t the super delux have a 7 vinyl set that mirrors the CDs? $300 is too much for me. I’d rather pay half that for just the 7vinyl without the CDs and DVDs
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    the new song is good, kinda spooky
    pjpitt89 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Doesn’t the super delux have a 7 vinyl set that mirrors the CDs? $300 is too much for me. I’d rather pay half that for just the 7vinyl without the CDs and DVDs
    I was hoping alot of that live stuff (TOTD) would be included on the 2 LP version.
  • I'd be surprised if there wasn't more down the line but I'm sure they don't want to put out too much at once. I'm hopeful for a full live TOTD and maybe a volume 2 of Songbook material. He was a prolific writer and had the means to make his own pretty fleshed out demos too... who knows what's laying around.
    I am wired and fading...
    edited September 2018
    pjpitt89 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yes it does  - I later realized this! So that is good and I take back what I said. :) I thought the box set was just a really beefed up CD package.
    I fully agree that it's too much. I couldn't care less about the the rest of the stuff. Just a box with records in it is what I want. I can't stand super deluxe packages in general. All the extra stuff that makes it "deluxe" is just a big waste of money to me. I consider it junk.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2018
    Can't stand included bullshit. Focus on the music, and stop pushibg trinkets and plastic BS. 

What value does a vinyl cleaning cloth add ? What does it have to do with Cornell?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited September 2018
    Can't stand included bullshit. Focus on the music, and stop pushibg trinkets and plastic BS. 

What value does a vinyl cleaning cloth add ? What does it have to do with Cornell?

Especially the really dumb stuff, like shitty flags and fake VIP badges and shit. And wtf am I going to do with all these photos/lithographs? Frame them and hang them on my wall? How many photos of Jack White or whoever can someone put up before looking insane? If they MUST put extra crap in a boxset, I wish they'd at least make it useful. Like give me a lighter or a 32GB memory stick or a mug or something. Not a fucking flag.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Replica composition notebooks? Fucking junk 
    Great article, and it sounds like they actually do have some Soundgarden material they were working in before he passed away.  

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/soundgardens-kim-thayil-talks-new-chris-cornell-box-set-749656/amp/