The Golf Thread

Comments

• bbiggs said:
    He was even getting emotional when he was being interviewed by Steve Sands. Nice to see that side of him. Awesome. 
    Probably thinking about all of his supporters hanging in there with him over the years like Wobbie.  That is support you cannot buy.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    He was even getting emotional when he was being interviewed by Steve Sands. Nice to see that side of him. Awesome. 
    Probably thinking about all of his supporters hanging in there with him over the years like Wobbie.  That is support you cannot buy.
    :lol: I think he has a 3 letter response in mind for those “supporters.” GFY 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    It’s the greatest comeback in the history of sports. It’s not complete yet ...but this is what we are witnessing. Sit back and enjoy it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:
    could've, should've, would've.....
    Hi Wob
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    bbiggs said:

fake news.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited September 2018
    “Not a force anymore.” Not a chance, you turd!

This whole year has been leading up to this weekend. 

I cant wait till he wins the Masters next year.
    You talking to me?
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    edited September 2018
    It’s the greatest comeback in the history of sports. It’s not complete yet ...but this is what we are witnessing. Sit back and enjoy it. 
    Relax here a bit. Ted Williams and yogi went to a world war. Ali went to jail.Lemieux had cancer. Magic had hiv. Seles got stabbed.  This is awesome but a little perspective is needed. It’s not even the best comeback in golf history

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    It’s certainly up for debate and I didn’t know about Hogan, to be honest. But it’s definitely right up there with all of those athletes, especially if he caps it off with a major. 

A pleasure to watch. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    eddiec said:
    I can’t stop watching this 

edited September 2018
    Kind of wish we had a week off leading up to Paris
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    eddiec said:
    I can’t stop watching this 

Phenomenal! 

Best part? It was all in Rory McIlroy's face. Wonder if he will change his "we're not worried about him" tone. If he's honest, that throng of people HAD to have even him awestruck. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Relax here a bit. Ted Williams and yogi went to a world war. Ali went to jail.Lemieux had cancer. Magic had hiv. Seles got stabbed.  This is awesome but a little perspective is needed. It’s not even the best comeback in golf history

Yeah let's pump the brakes on greatest comeback ever.  Mario Lemeiux had cancer and came back 2 months later on the day of his last treatment.  And still won the scoring title that year....that's some real life shit, not just a bad back and your personal life being a mess because you couldn't keep it in your pants..  This Tiger stuff is great, but not even close to the best comeback.
    Kind of wish we had a week off leading up to Paris

Agreed.  Nice that there was a week off before the Tour championship so these guys are kinda fresh.  I think they used to do the 4 playoff events 4 weeks in a row and that would go right into the Ryder Cup...playing 5 weeks in a row is rough.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

both are amazing.  Obviously the times are different. Obviously medicine is better today than in  Hogans' time but Tiger is facing much stiffer competition.  4 back surgeries and getting older to win on the PGA tour against the other top 29 players is pretty damn impressive. even if you don't like Tiger you have to admit how impressive it is.
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Ric Flair survived a plane crash to become 16 time world champ..WHHHOOOOO ;)
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Casual golf fan here, but watched the last few holes.  Pretty exciting to watch.  Congrats!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Ric Flair survived a plane crash to become 16 time world champ..WHHHOOOOO ;)
    https://youtu.be/Hb72h8M5L8U
    pjhawks said:

both are amazing.  Obviously the times are different. Obviously medicine is better today than in  Hogans' time but Tiger is facing much stiffer competition.  4 back surgeries and getting older to win on the PGA tour against the other top 29 players is pretty damn impressive. even if you don't like Tiger you have to admit how impressive it is.
    I love tiger and this is absolutely amazing. Just think a little perspective is needed. Hogan went on to win 6 majors including merion 11 months after the crash.

That scene at 18 yesterday is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in sports.
    Dustin Johnson is a national treasure
  • Tiger paired with Patrick Reed.  Yeah, kinda glad I have work to do tomorrow.  Do not want to have to watch Patrick Reed play golf.

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    The ovation for Tiger at the opening ceremony was cool
    Seems kinda silly to break up the Reed/Spieth pairing with all the success they've had in these events.  Hopefully it doesn't backfire.  
    Anybody staying up/getting up to watch the coverage? I took a two and a half hour nap earlier, just got done at the gym and now I'm gonna shower and take another two hour nap or so around midnight (I'm in Central Time Zone). I'm off tomorrow so I'm good. USA!
  • Rahm  has some balls. The crowd will show you how to be enthusiastic  and respectful.  This will be epic
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Freakin Reed in the water haha. Hopefully Tiger can chip in. 
    Excellent matches so far. Not a fan of the commercials though. 
  • Yes rose.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Poor Rose
    Nice morning session for the US.  Sounds like it was a real struggle for Tiger out there....he has to be running out of gas at this point.  Has been a long year for him.  

Is it just me or is it ridiculous that both teams are wearing navy blue shirts???

Getting smoked in these afternoon matches