THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Andy Lincoln has left the show.   He is supposedly in 6 or 7 episodes - that are already filmed.    Lauren Cohen is also leaving.  
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    RIP Scott Wilson (Herschel) :sad:

Also if anyone still watches the show, season starts tonight.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    The lack of interest in this thread speaks volumes.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    edited February 2019
    I'm still on board. Probably going to watch to the end. 

The show isn't what it used to be for sure, though.

Since TWD and FTWD are the only shows I watch, it has become like a guilty pleasure.

I still buy PJ albums too but LB isn't to the same standard as VS or Vitalogy, for instance.
    Post edited by dudeman on
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Still watching TWD and will see how it goes after Rick is gone, I have a hard time seeing this last too much longer, just don’t see any of the other characters carrying this show.  

I do think I’m done with FTWD after this last season, that was the worst villain in the history of villains. 

NYPJ
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    In hindsight, this show would have been really cool if it were done like an anthology series based on the static 'event' of the zombie outbreak and the aftermath.  Could have had a lot more room to create stories and settings without forcing them.  Also could have intertwined a few of the seasons/characters.

A series about zombies is/was a new and interesting idea.  But I think everyone unanimously agrees that there is only so many miles in a continuous story dealing with zombies.
  • MayDay10 said:
    In hindsight, this show would have been really cool if it were done like an anthology series based on the static 'event' of the zombie outbreak and the aftermath.  Could have had a lot more room to create stories and settings without forcing them.  Also could have intertwined a few of the seasons/characters.

A series about zombies is/was a new and interesting idea.  But I think everyone unanimously agrees that there is only so many miles in a continuous story dealing with zombies.
    This is what angers me though is that no one wants to try and  fix the zombie problem...
  • OK so I know what is going to happen this season.

Neegan still has followers so they plan a revolt.  

The followers release/free Neegan from Prison.

They overthrow Rick and company and Rick dies during the ensuing battle.

This could be done in one episode but they'll probably milk it for 5 of them...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    OK so I know what is going to happen this season.

Neegan still has followers so they plan a revolt.  

The followers release/free Neegan from Prison.

They overthrow Rick and company and Rick dies during the ensuing battle.

This could be done in one episode but they'll probably milk it for 5 of them...
    I thought something close. But that it is survivors of Alexandria who wanted him dead who start a fight, like Maggie.Maggie is also leaving this season, so she may die as well.
    I gave up on FTWD after season 2 I think (it was when they were crossing the boarder and had a big shootout, whatever season finale that was). This may be my last season watching TWD, I don't see how they can carry it without Rick. Almost an entirely new cast at that point, may as well be another spinoff. 

I'm not convinced Rick dies though, They may have him go his separate way in an attempt to bring him back in a few years (like Morgan), even if they just bring him back for an update on him during the series finale. 
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I actually thought last nights episode was one of the best ones in the last 4 or 5 seasons.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Finally got around to watching this season.
    Pretty dumb.
    Did no one think to line that glass floor with some wood or something before dragging that big cart over it?
  • mace1229 said:
    Finally got around to watching this season.
    Pretty dumb.
    Did no one think to line that glass floor with some wood or something before dragging that big cart over it?
    Thay glass was designed to hold a lot of weight.  That cart wouldn't have broke it.

Stupes.
  • Boy this thread died, lol.

So there is a killer amongst the "saviors" as was in the final shot of the episode.

Maggie came around.

They all need to adopt a constitution and work together, they really do...
    It did die.  Here we are Wednesday and I'm only about halfway through this episode. I used to be glued to the TV Sunday nights.
    I don't know if I will keep going after Rick leaves. I'll have to see how I feel about this season when that happens.
    So how does everyone feel after last nights episode? 
    NYPJ
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    wall232 said:
    I thought it was pretty good. Looking forward to what happens with the time leap and the movies that will focus on what is happening with Rick
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    wall232 said:
    I thought it was pretty good. Looking forward to what happens with the time leap and the movies that will focus on what is happening with Rick
    Yeah, same here. I really thought they were going to mess this up but they did the best they could with the situation. Loved the final scene with Judith.

NYPJ
  • wall232 said:
    KC138045 said:
    wall232 said:
    Yeah, same here. I really thought they were going to mess this up but they did the best they could with the situation. Loved the final scene with Judith.

I thought she was too young to be that badass...

I do like the direction though.
    I didn't like Rick's last episode. I liked how it ended though, even left a chance for an update with him in the finale.
    I liked the time leap, I think it will give a chance for sort of a fresh start with the show and a new leader(-ish).
    Judith reminds me of that younger girl in Kick-Ass.
    I was thinking I'd stop watching after Rick leaves, but I'm going to have to stay through the season now. And if its good may continue. 
  • I liked Rick's last episode, how he really didn't die.  I thought they made a good move with that plot twist.  I too like the time leap and seeing bad ass Judith.   Although Gregory seemed to be a very seedy character in other scenes, I was turned off by Maggie's call on hanging him.  It just seemed like she was starting to turn into the governor and play God with others' lives.  If she continues down that path, if any of them do, then they aren't any better than the governor or Negan, or people like Trump for that matter.    I still like the show because its a constant reminder of how life could be in an apocalypse, if things were to get out of control.  It makes you appreciate all that you have, all that we take for granted.  Its a reality check in a sense.
    New episode last night did well to pique my interest in TWD again.
  • dudeman said:
    New episode last night did well to pique my interest in TWD again.
    Same here.  

The one thing that constantly pisses me off though is the lack of building a society still.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I thought it was good.   I wonder what they will be doing with Negan.  He surely can't be integrated into any of the groups.  If they tried and I was in one of the groups I would kill him.  Just like the Ocean Side did with the Saviors that had killed their loved ones.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • The gun that Judith holds is a damn street howitzer and she wouldn't be strong enough to handle it. That is just silly.  Give the girl a .38 and I can believe it but not that big ol 357...

When I was 10 I had a hard time with a .44.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Will they just end this show already? I'll see it through til the end, but I just want it to be over. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Will they just end this show already? I'll see it through til the end, but I just want it to be over. 
    lol, I'm too invested to walk away also.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Will they just end this show already? I'll see it through til the end, but I just want it to be over. 
    lol, I'm too invested to walk away also.
    It was one of the bittersweet things about Games of Thrones/Breaking Bad going out on top. I may still be wanting more when it's all said and done, but it's a much better legacy than dragging it on. My OCD just won't let me quit 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    The gun that Judith holds is a damn street howitzer and she wouldn't be strong enough to handle it. That is just silly.  Give the girl a .38 and I can believe it but not that big ol 357...

When I was 10 I had a hard time with a .44.
    Same. I think all scenes with Judith are lame and forced. They tried too hard to make her replace Rick.  Luckily she wasn't in it much.
  • Cmon!  Someone has got to want to chat about last nights episode?!?!

Someone please!!!!!!!!!

I've got a bunch to chat about!
    Cmon!  Someone has got to want to chat about last nights episode?!?!

Someone please!!!!!!!!!

I've got a bunch to chat about!
    Man, that shit was fucked up! This new group might be the creepiest bunch of fuckers I've ever seen on TV.