Options

Super Bowl Halftime Show

13»

Comments

• Options
    She has an amazing voice but her songs just bore me. Apparently I'm in the minority.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904

RYME said:

Maby a jetpack for Ed with a surfboard strapped to his feet.He could start by swinging from the rafters and then come levitating down on the surfboard with fireworks going off everywhere. Singing Grammie out of Control
    Everybody would be expecting Even Flow.
    We'd have Grammie & 1 Improv and it would be done. 5 minute half time show. :o

hahaha
    I was board earlier today , my stupid humor.
  • Options

At least there was not a political theme......

I'm just guessing here, but you seem like a music and melody guy and not a lyrics guy. A couple of Lady Gaga's songs tonight are definitely pro-LGBT. Especially "Born this Way". I'm not calling you out or saying you're wrong. Just an observation and assumption. Apologies if I'm wrong.
    The performance was not overtly political. There were no speeches. I applaud her for that. I am not a fan of her music but I do respect her artistry. She let her music do the talking. Unlike other artist who make America and Americans look bad....
    she didnt need to speechify... her songs do the talking... woodie guthrie was a nice touch, subversive some might say. ;)

i dont get that you think 'other artist'(whoever that might be) make america look bad by speaking out or making a a political comment... im not sure you quite grasp how we view your country... americans make themselves 'look bad'(and this applies to other nationalities too if the shoe fits)... we dont hear an american artist, whoever they might be and say holy fuckballs americans are stupid... we tend to point the finger at the artist and call them a dumbhead if what they say is disagreeable and lacking in intelligence or just plain stupid. well at least i do...

.... anyhoo i thought GAGA was great... hope she landed well after that mic drop...

Because there is a time and a place for everything. The Superbowl is not the place to make a big political statement just a because you hold a big microphone in your hand.
    So again kudos to Lady Gaga.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    RYME said:

I'm just guessing here, but you seem like a music and melody guy and not a lyrics guy. A couple of Lady Gaga's songs tonight are definitely pro-LGBT. Especially "Born this Way". I'm not calling you out or saying you're wrong. Just an observation and assumption. Apologies if I'm wrong.
    The performance was not overtly political. There were no speeches. I applaud her for that. I am not a fan of her music but I do respect her artistry. She let her music do the talking. Unlike other artist who make America and Americans look bad....
    she didnt need to speechify... her songs do the talking... woodie guthrie was a nice touch, subversive some might say. ;)

i dont get that you think 'other artist'(whoever that might be) make america look bad by speaking out or making a a political comment... im not sure you quite grasp how we view your country... americans make themselves 'look bad'(and this applies to other nationalities too if the shoe fits)... we dont hear an american artist, whoever they might be and say holy fuckballs americans are stupid... we tend to point the finger at the artist and call them a dumbhead if what they say is disagreeable and lacking in intelligence or just plain stupid. well at least i do...

.... anyhoo i thought GAGA was great... hope she landed well after that mic drop...

Because there is a time and a place for everything. The Superbowl is not the place to make a big political statement just a because you hold a big microphone in your hand.
    just a side question... do you think sport is political or apolitical? im just curious and have no intention of going on with that particular conversation here on the music forum. i shall shift it over to the MT. and i disagree one of the biggest sports spectacles in the world is absolutely the place for political comment if one feels so inclined. but as you said, kudos to GAGA for her restraint/subtlety.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    RYME said:

RYME said:

Maby a jetpack for Ed with a surfboard strapped to his feet.He could start by swinging from the rafters and then come levitating down on the surfboard with fireworks going off everywhere. Singing Grammie out of Control

hahaha
    Love the homophone used there lol
    Board as in surf board hahaha
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    RYME said:

Yep. Even if i agree 200% with her views or anyone's views the SB is not the place for a big statement. Its an escape if anything. I dont want the game announcers giving me their political views or the players. I just want to watch football man. We can all agree on that for three hours at least
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

RYME said:

Yep. Even if i agree 200% with her views or anyone's views the SB is not the place for a big statement. Its an escape if anything. I dont want the game announcers giving me their political views or the players. I just want to watch football man. We can all agree on that for three hours at least
    Yeah, I was kinda ticked off that they just haaaaaad to show a 5-minute-or-so clip from the O'Reilly/Trump interview during the pre-game show. The only NFL game I watched all year. Like you, I just wanted to watch football and get the fuck away from politics for a while.
  • Options

RYME said:

RYME said:

hahaha
    Glad someone likes my dry humor.
    I'd love to see a PJ show in Melbourne Australia some day.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    RYME said:

RYME said:

RYME said:

hahaha
    Glad someone likes my dry humor.
    I'd love to see a PJ show in Melbourne Australia some day.
    You'd love it.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    Maroon 5 this year :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA