Kavanaugh

Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited September 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    Elizabeth warren is freakin crazy. She is basically saying if you partied as a kid in high school or college then you can’t be a successful person. 

She should stick to the sexual assault issue and stay away from drinking with friends and jokes about doing stupid stuff.

Did she say that? I think she said she can't imagine America wanting someone like that on the supreme court. Being successful and being a supreme Court justice should have two very different bars of what's deemed appropriate behavior.
    I wonder if anyone else on the Supreme Court ever partied in college....I’m going to file this under “I don’t give a shit”.
    Do you give a shit about his $200K debt that mysteriously disappeared? Or his perjured testimony? How about a potential gambling problem? Does that bother you?
    I care about the potential sexual assault and perjury for sure. Drinking in high school or college? Not relevant.
    Bragging about debauchery and saying things like, “what happens at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep,” May be fine for being the CEO of a large, foreign funded real estate firm but I personally prefer that my Supreme Court Justice nominees have and exhibit a little more character. The world is not a frat party and particularly as they sit in judgement of lower court decisions that can impact my life or that of women. He’s a partisan hack and someone who acts and conducts himself with an air of the rules don’t apply to him.

You care that he’s a republican nominee. If this was an obama nominee his drinking and joking wouldn’t be a problem for you.
    Exactly, and it is painfully obviously that this is what’s going on here.

bullshit. I don't think his joking about being debaucherous is a deal-breaker on its own. but it seems to be a pattern of behaviour/mentality that he is impressing on our youth as a person of authority. 

did obama smoke weed in college? yes. did he make a speech about it making light of it to a group of graduates? no. 
    If that’s the way you truly feel about this then right on.  I’m not quite that thin skinned to let the speech bother me, but the world is getting pretty damn thin skinned, so you are in good company.
    To me, that speech has zero impact on my perception of him, positively or negatively.  But the people trying to drag him through the mud over it alone have given me the impression that they are partison hacks and a bit pitiful.  Warren reminds me of the hall monitor trying to bust people for walking too fast just to “get them”.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    Elizabeth warren is freakin crazy. She is basically saying if you partied as a kid in high school or college then you can’t be a successful person. 

She should stick to the sexual assault issue and stay away from drinking with friends and jokes about doing stupid stuff.

Did she say that? I think she said she can't imagine America wanting someone like that on the supreme court. Being successful and being a supreme Court justice should have two very different bars of what's deemed appropriate behavior.
    I wonder if anyone else on the Supreme Court ever partied in college....I’m going to file this under “I don’t give a shit”.
    Do you give a shit about his $200K debt that mysteriously disappeared? Or his perjured testimony? How about a potential gambling problem? Does that bother you?
    I care about the potential sexual assault and perjury for sure. Drinking in high school or college? Not relevant.
    Bragging about debauchery and saying things like, “what happens at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep,” May be fine for being the CEO of a large, foreign funded real estate firm but I personally prefer that my Supreme Court Justice nominees have and exhibit a little more character. The world is not a frat party and particularly as they sit in judgement of lower court decisions that can impact my life or that of women. He’s a partisan hack and someone who acts and conducts himself with an air of the rules don’t apply to him.

You care that he’s a republican nominee. If this was an obama nominee his drinking and joking wouldn’t be a problem for you.

bullshit. I don't think his joking about being debaucherous is a deal-breaker on its own. but it seems to be a pattern of behaviour/mentality that he is impressing on our youth as a person of authority. 

did obama smoke weed in college? yes. did he make a speech about it making light of it to a group of graduates? no. 
    If that’s the way you truly feel about this then right on.  I’m not quite that thin skinned to let the speech bother me, but the world is getting pretty damn thin skinned, so you are in good company.
    To me, that speech has zero impact on my perception of him, positively or negatively.  

it's not being "thin skinned". it's called wanting to change the mindset of our male youth away from "boys will be boys" to "respect yourself and the women in your company. you can still be an idiot and have fun without being an asshole". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited September 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

To me, that speech has zero impact on my perception of him, positively or negatively.  

it's not being "thin skinned". it's called wanting to change the mindset of our male youth away from "boys will be boys" to "respect yourself and the women in your company. you can still be an idiot and have fun without being an asshole". 
    You are entitled to your opinion, but I definitely see it as thin skinned and partisan in this instance.  When Bill Clinton was cheating on his wife, getting blowjobs and playing with cigars in the Oval Office, the left couldn’t care less about the moral degradation of the nation he was running...but a speech where someone says “what happens here stays here” sure does get some chests puffed and now the left thinks it is going to tear the nation’s moral fabric to shreds.  What a joke...

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I definitely see it as thin skinned and partisan in this instance.  When Bill Clinton was cheating on his wife, getting blowjobs and playing with cigars in the Oval Office, the left couldn’t care less about the moral degradation of the nation he was running...but a speech where someone says “what happens here stays here” sure does get some chests puffed and now the left thinks it is going to tear the nation’s moral fabric to shreds.  What a joke...

The PTape has already torn the moral fiber of the country apart as has “grab them by the pussy.”

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

there's a pretty big difference between a private family matter and making speeches promoting debaucherous behaviour. not even sure how that can be compared. completely different situations. 

he made the US a laughingstock at the time. that can't be debated. it was severly damaging to the US's global standing. I don't recall if the left couldn't care less or not. I was only 18 I think and didn't pay much attention beyond sound bites and jokes on SNL. 

no one is saying he is "tearing the nation's moral fabric" apart. it's part of the total package of this guy. like I said, alone and by itself, that speech wouldn't be a deal breaker. at least not for me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

She’s an idiot either way. She shoulda focused on the sexual assault and not kids drinking in college!!!! The shock of it all!! Who does that????
    Then, on Tuesday, an apparently truncated video clip of Judge Kavanaugh giving another speech emerged. Referring to his high school in 2015, he again modified the frequently used cliché: “What happens at Georgetown Prep, stays at Georgetown Prep.”

He added: “That’s been a good thing for all of us, I think.”

Senator Elizabeth Warren, Democrat of Massachusetts, tweeted the video of Judge Kavanaugh making the quip and said: “I can’t imagine any parent accepting this view. Is this really what America wants in its next Supreme Court Justice?”

She's not referring to the drinking; she's referring to the "what happens at Georgetown Prep....." statement, which typically is equivalent to "we'll just ignore any bad behaviour from that time and pretend it never happened", like when people refer to Vegas. Was he admitting to wrongdoing during the clip? Who knows.
    It just sounds like he was fishing for laughs...making a stupid joke.  Wonder what every other Supreme Court judge was doing in college, let alone any politician.  Making a big deal out of this is only going to result in the majority of people rolling their eyes.  

"what happens in x stays in x" refers specifically to sexual behaviour. it isn't just "partying with the boys". the whole connotation is boys/men going to vegas and being "allowed" to cheat on their wives and treat women as sexual objects.
    Really? That is quite a jump. Last time I was in Vegas I saw just as many female tourists as male tourists. So now having sex is equal to treating women as sexual objects? Lol

Trump just might win a 2nd term if this is where we are at. 
    women and men interpret that slogan differently. and I'm getting a bit tired of the "if this is where we're at, Trump will win again" BS. 
    Bullshit, no they dont. Hell if an assumption you're making there.

I can tell you right now I've had women use me strictly for sex and viewed me as an object to satisfy their sexual urges. Or maybe all hookups and one night stands are non-consensual and men using women as objects? I mean seriously, c'mon.

Newsflash, just as many women cheat on their spouses as men. They enjoy having sex. And just as many women are in Las Vegas looking for a casual hookup. 
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

The PTape has already torn the moral fiber of the country apart as has “grab them by the pussy.”

I think it started long before that #ptape
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

No, he just openly talked/bragged about it in Rolling Stone Magazine which has a little larger reach and influence than a graduation ceremony
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Even Diane "dual-citizen" Feinsteinn says she doesn't know if is true.
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

She’s an idiot either way. She shoulda focused on the sexual assault and not kids drinking in college!!!! The shock of it all!! Who does that????
    Then, on Tuesday, an apparently truncated video clip of Judge Kavanaugh giving another speech emerged. Referring to his high school in 2015, he again modified the frequently used cliché: “What happens at Georgetown Prep, stays at Georgetown Prep.”

Senator Elizabeth Warren, Democrat of Massachusetts, tweeted the video of Judge Kavanaugh making the quip and said: “I can’t imagine any parent accepting this view. Is this really what America wants in its next Supreme Court Justice?”

She's not referring to the drinking; she's referring to the "what happens at Georgetown Prep....." statement, which typically is equivalent to "we'll just ignore any bad behaviour from that time and pretend it never happened", like when people refer to Vegas. Was he admitting to wrongdoing during the clip? Who knows.
    It just sounds like he was fishing for laughs...making a stupid joke.  Wonder what every other Supreme Court judge was doing in college, let alone any politician.  Making a big deal out of this is only going to result in the majority of people rolling their eyes.  

"what happens in x stays in x" refers specifically to sexual behaviour. it isn't just "partying with the boys". the whole connotation is boys/men going to vegas and being "allowed" to cheat on their wives and treat women as sexual objects.
    Really? That is quite a jump. Last time I was in Vegas I saw just as many female tourists as male tourists. So now having sex is equal to treating women as sexual objects? Lol

women and men interpret that slogan differently. and I'm getting a bit tired of the "if this is where we're at, Trump will win again" BS. 

I can tell you right now I've had women use me strictly for sex and viewed me as an object to satisfy their sexual urges. Or maybe all hookups and one night stands are non-consensual and men using women as objects? I mean seriously, c'mon.

Newsflash, just as many women cheat on their spouses as men. They enjoy having sex. And just as many women are in Las Vegas looking for a casual hookup. 
    talk about leaps. jesus christ. 

yeah, sexuality in advertising is geared equally towards men and women, you're totally right. I can't wait to turn on Oprah and see the Chippendales dancing during a commercial break. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    unsung said:
    Of course. No one knows if it’s true beyond those involved. That’s the whole point of an investigation. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    unsung said:
    And is that meant to be a slam? You’d definitely slam her if she said that she knew it was true. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

yeah, sexuality in advertising is geared equally towards men and women, you're totally right. I can't wait to turn on Oprah and see the Chippendales dancing during a commercial break. 
    Well, if you want to get technical about it:
    https://www.autostraddle.com/100-of-women-attracted-to-other-women-study-says-315211/

Lol
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

https://www.autostraddle.com/100-of-women-attracted-to-other-women-study-says-315211/

Lol
    I'll have to test this out at home. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    unsung said:
    And is that meant to be a slam? You’d definitely slam her if she said that she knew it was true. 
    No shit...how ignorant
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Ignorance would imply that my knowledge on the subject was lacking.  I however posted exact truth.

The personal attack on me is what is ignorant.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

Agree.  Woman are not as innocent as some of you like to portray.  They are very capable of using men.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited September 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

Bullshit. Who on here defended Franken? No one that I recall. An SCJ is allowed to have partied in school and had fun, but sexual assault isn't what anyone calls just bad behavior. It's fucking sick and disgusting. If all of the information we have received is true, than this asshole should be removed from the nomination. The same party that wouldn't vote on Garland, is willing to quickly elevate this guy because they are afraid they will lose the votes after November. This is all bullshit. Quit defending Kavanaugh and attacking Warren for questioning this large douchebag being on the SCOTUS. He has a good ol' boy mentality and is the type who cuts back room deals for his buddies. His statements make that pretty obvious.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    As far as I am concerned the reasons, in no particular order, that he should not be approved are....

1. Catholic conservative
    2. Pro life
    3. Believes the president is above the law 
    4. Just don't trust him
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    As far as I am concerned the reasons, in no particular order, that he should not be approved are....

1. Catholic conservative
    2. Pro life
    4. Just don't trust him
    2, 3 and 4 are fair points if they are important to you.
    Why is it okay to discriminate against religion though?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

Lol
    I'll have to test this out at home. 

I wouldn't. I have a friend who studies this exact phenomena. Women also show signs of arousal when show video of animals having sex and simulated rape. It really doesn't have much to do with being "turned on" or "attraction" and more of a biological response to prevent damage to the vagina during unwanted sex, at least that was the hypothesis last I heard.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    unsung said:
    Ignorance would imply that my knowledge on the subject was lacking.  I however posted exact truth.

The personal attack on me is what is ignorant.
    Anyone being honest would say that they would have no idea if the allegations were true.  To say otherwise is ignorant.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

Bullshit. Who on here defended Franken? No one that I recall. An SCJ is allowed to have partied in school and had fun, but sexual assault isn't what anyone calls just bad behavior. It's fucking sick and disgusting. If all of the information we have received is true, than this asshole should be removed from the nomination. The same party that wouldn't vote on Garland, is willing to quickly elevate this guy because they are afraid they will lose the votes after November. This is all bullshit. Quit defending Kavanaugh and attacking Warren for questioning this large douchebag being on the SCOTUS. He has a good ol' boy mentality and is the type who cuts back room deals for his buddies. His statements make that pretty obvious.
    I do agree with the bold portion above.  
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

1. Catholic conservative
    2. Pro life
    4. Just don't trust him
    5. Political partisan hack
    6. Lies under oath

That's the only one I need to know, that's a massive #1 for me and a non-starter
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:

Agree.  Woman are not as innocent as some of you like to portray.  They are very capable of using men.
    Very true, but men are given a different set of rules to play by and allowed a pass for their behavior more often than not. Also, just look at the marketing on TV and in magazines; scantily clad women abound. Game of Thrones is basically BDSM with some cool dragons and sword fighting. A movie that shows a penis is automatically an R or NC-17, but just breasts never make it more than PG-13. We encourage this as a society and have for centuries. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mace1229 said:

1. Catholic conservative
    2. Pro life
    4. Just don't trust him
    His beliefs are dictated by the pope and the bible.
    Maybe I should have said religious  conservative
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mace1229 said:

1. Catholic conservative
    2. Pro life
    4. Just don't trust him
    So do you have an issue with someone being in office because they are religious? Or do you just not agree with the stance most religions organizations have.
    Other than abortion, what issues do you have with religion in politics that are currently a topic?

• mace1229 said:

1. Catholic conservative
    2. Pro life
    4. Just don't trust him
    Catholic conservative is a proper reason.  If you understand devout Catholics then you know what they are about.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mace1229 said:

1. Catholic conservative
    2. Pro life
    4. Just don't trust him
    Catholic conservative is a proper reason.  If you understand devout Catholics then you know what they are about.
    Agreed. If there is any such thing as an American religious conservative politician who doesn't want to inject his or her religious beliefs into his political actions, I've never heard about it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata