2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mca47 said:
    So, it looks like Fangio is staying put and now Nagy is trying to get Dave Taub to come over/come back to the Bears.  That would be HUGE!

Fangio staying would be awesome.  I hadn't heard anything about Taub coming back...that would be great.  Special teams have been a struggle since he left.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    edited January 2018
    mca47 said:
    So, it looks like Fangio is staying put and now Nagy is trying to get Dave Taub to come over/come back to the Bears.  That would be HUGE!

Fangio staying would be awesome.  I hadn't heard anything about Taub coming back...that would be great.  Special teams have been a struggle since he left.
    Yes, would love to see Fangio stay.  The defense is certainly moving in the right direction.  I'd love to see Taub, Fangio and Nagy running the show.   Now we just need some guys that can play football.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I'm not sure he's the guy they were after, I just think at this point, head coach of the Chicago Bears i's not a very desirable destination for many coaches. 

Then who were they after???  Who knows if Nagy is the right guy, but I haven't heard or seen anything indicating that they offered someone else and were turned down. 

Bears job probably isn't the most desirable in the league, but it's still a pretty good job.  They have a massive fanbase that is absolutely dying for a winner.  Chicago is a Bears town....when the Bears are good, this whole city goes wild.

Exactly.  Really nothing to lose for Nagy.  If he's a dud, he's just another in a long line of duds.  If he actually can win and perhaps lead them to a Championship, Nagy's name is going to be right up there with Ditka's.
    Fangio is coming back!  Great news.  That D should just keep getting better.  
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Fangio is coming back!  Great news.  That D should just keep getting better.  
    That is great news!
    Awesome to see Urlacher get in the HOF on his first try.  That guy was so fucking good....loved watching him play.
    edited April 2018
    Was really hoping for Nelson, but kinda knew the Colts were going to take him at 6. 

But I do really like the Roquan Smith pick...he was awesome at Georgia.  He should be able to step in a play in the middle right away.
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Was really hoping for Nelson, but kinda knew the Colts were going to take him at 6. 

But I do really like the Roquan Smith pick...he was awesome at Georgia.  He should be able to step in a play in the middle right away.
    Agreed with all this. With Nelson gone I love this pick. I wish they would have kept Meredith, but overall the Bears arrow is definitely pointing up. 
    So Roquan Smith is the only unsigned rookie in the NFL.  Just get this guy signed and on the field already!  
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    So Roquan Smith is the only unsigned rookie in the NFL.  Just get this guy signed and on the field already!  
    No shit. But both sides do have a point. He’s concerned about his money and this new rule albeit necessary does seem to have the potential to piss a lot of people off.
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
    Can’t wait to see what Anthony Miller can do. I’m excited about this kids potential. 
    bbiggs said:
    Can’t wait to see what Anthony Miller can do. I’m excited about this kids potential. 
    I think he's going to be really good.  He was awesome at Memphis and all reports out of camp so far about him have been great.  Will be nice to watch an offense with some actual weapons this year!
    ^Agreed!  Obviously this is a stretch, but the fact that people compare his skill set to that of Antonio Browns is huge. The play calling should be there, so now we just need Mitch to take a big 2nd year leap forward and deliver the ball to his playmakers. 
    Khalil Mack!!!  Ryan Pace is not fucking around.  Can't believe Oakland would trade a guy like that...crazy.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    You're not kidding! Huge move there. Not sure he'll be ready for Rodgers on week 1 though.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Meet the new Bears....
    Same as the old Bears....

Lack discipline. Not prepared. Couldn't execute. Poor coaching. Couldn't handle pressure.

Played good when Kizer was flipping passes to Khalil Mack, so there's that.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Meet the new Bears....
    Same as the old Bears....

Lack discipline. Not prepared. Couldn't execute. Poor coaching. Couldn't handle pressure.

Played good when Kizer was flipping passes to Khalil Mack, so there's that.
    I'm still angry!  What a shit show that second half was.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Well that sucked.  Great first half, but what a disaster of a 2nd half.  Kicking that FG to go up 6 points at the end was pointless.  Had 2 plays to get 1 yard and put the game away.  Nagy got a little too cute with this play calling on 3rd and 1 there....Howard was rolling and then you go 5 wide???  Just give him the damn ball.  And Kyle Fuller...catch the damn ball!!

On the bright side, Khalil Mack is fucking awesome....he's going to be a lot of fun to watch.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Well that sucked.  Great first half, but what a disaster of a 2nd half.  Kicking that FG to go up 6 points at the end was pointless.  Had 2 plays to get 1 yard and put the game away.  Nagy got a little too cute with this play calling on 3rd and 1 there....Howard was rolling and then you go 5 wide???  Just give him the damn ball.  And Kyle Fuller...catch the damn ball!!

On the bright side, Khalil Mack is fucking awesome....he's going to be a lot of fun to watch.
    Yeah throwing on the 3 and 1 was a horrible call especially since GB was out of time outs.  And yes!!! Fuller catch the damn ball!!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    What a punch to the gut that game was. I’m still fuming. 
    Well this defense is the real deal....they were all over Wilson last night.  OK performance from Trubisky....some good and some bad.  Great bounce back win after that debacle in GB last week.  And now we get the Cardinals this week!
    Came close to blowing the lead...again. but I'll take the victory.
    If we’re going to go anywhere this year, it will be like the 2000 Ravens. Ride this vicious defense to victory. They are unreal!  Trubiskys dunking and dunking is not impressive thus far. 
    bbiggs said:
    If we’re going to go anywhere this year, it will be like the 2000 Ravens. Ride this vicious defense to victory. They are unreal!  Trubiskys dunking and dunking is not impressive thus far. 
    Oh come on...the offense isn't that bad.  Only 2 games in with a brand new system....it's going to take some time for everything to start clicking.  It's almost like this is Trubisky's rookie season since you know he didn't learn a fucking thing under that horrific coaching staff last season.  
    ^ I get what you’re saying, but look at Jared Goff’s second year leap last year under a new (more complex) offensive system with Sean McVay. He was dog shit his rookie year, but last year the kid killed and and was aggressively pushing the ball downfield. Trubisky has happy feet and checks down more than Alex Smith. His YPA are second lowest in the league behind San Bradford (yikes). I’m gonna give the kid some slack to develop, but at some point the training wheels need to come off. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ I get what you’re saying, but look at Jared Goff’s second year leap last year under a new (more complex) offensive system with Sean McVay. He was dog shit his rookie year, but last year the kid killed and and was aggressively pushing the ball downfield. Trubisky has happy feet and checks down more than Alex Smith. His YPA are second lowest in the league behind San Bradford (yikes). I’m gonna give the kid some slack to develop, but at some point the training wheels need to come off. 
    It has only been 2 games....I'm not ready to freak out just yet.  And with how good this defense looks, it doesn't look like the offense is going to need to put up 30-40 points every week to win games.  I'd rather have Trubisky check down than force stuff and turn the ball over....we've seen more than enough of that from Bears QBs the past few years.

Goff did make a huge leap last year but he really started heating up in the 2nd half of last season....Rams were 3-2 after 5 games and then went on a great run.  And he also has one of the best RBs in the league with Gurley
    bbiggs said:
    It has only been 2 games....I'm not ready to freak out just yet.  And with how good this defense looks, it doesn't look like the offense is going to need to put up 30-40 points every week to win games.  I'd rather have Trubisky check down than force stuff and turn the ball over....we've seen more than enough of that from Bears QBs the past few years.

Goff did make a huge leap last year but he really started heating up in the 2nd half of last season....Rams were 3-2 after 5 games and then went on a great run.  And he also has one of the best RBs in the league with Gurley
    I know I sound like a hater, but I’m not. I love the Bears. The Trubisky deal is still a sore spot for me since they mortgaged their future to get him and didn’t even have to. Another front office blunder. Let’s hope he pans out to be the real deal. In the meantime, this defense is enough to get us a handful of wins alone. 
    bbiggs said:

So many QB's in recent years have come out hot in their first year or two. It's a different NFL now compared to when so many were forced to sit for 2-3 years. So, at this point, I feel there is cause for concern on a very slight level. If by next year, he isn't a proven winner instead of potential game manager, then I will develop another annual case of Chicago Bears QB panic. 

Until then, ride the defense and hopefully watch #10 progress and mature.
    bbiggs said:

So many QB's in recent years have come out hot in their first year or two. It's a different NFL now compared to when so many were forced to sit for 2-3 years. So, at this point, I feel there is cause for concern on a very slight level. If by next year, he isn't a proven winner instead of potential game manager, then I will develop another annual case of Chicago Bears QB panic. 

Until then, ride the defense and hopefully watch #10 progress and mature.

Yep.  If he still looks the same next year, then it's time to worry.  There just always seems to be such a rush to label these high picks a bust right away.  It's what the sports media has become with everyone needing to have a "hot take".  Just look at the things that were said about Goff during his rookie year.
    Well that was ugly.  Mitch didn't look great again, but pretty impressive to come back and win after falling behind 14-0 in the 1st quarter.  Khalil Mack is fucking awesome....still can't believe Gruden's dumb ass traded him away.