Options

Cat Power - Wanderer. New album October 5th

goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
"Six years after her last album Sun, Cat Power, the stage name of Chan Marshall, has set a date for her new album. Wanderer will be released via Domino on Oct. 5.

Marshall isn’t providing just this news, either; she’s also given an introduction to the album with a snippet of its title track, “Wanderer.” A first look at the new record and the first song on it, “Wanderer” floats like a hymn. The lyrics reveal further the track’s religious influences, mentioning an altar and Jesus. For Marshall, creating this album likely was a spiritual experience—produced entirely by her, she has invested herself fully to create the record’s sound exactly as she imagines it after spending the last few years writing and recording it.
Herself a wanderer, often traveling on tour, Marshall’s Wanderer is fittingly named, as it describes both her physical journeys and those emotional and spiritual. The video accompanying “Wanderer” gives a look at the majestic landscapes one finds wandering the world, from awe-inspiring mountain ranges to the soothing tides of the ocean.

Wanderer encompasses “the course my life has taken in this journey—going from town to town, with my guitar, telling my tale; with reverence to the people who did this generations before me,” Marshall said. “Folk singers, blues singers, and everything in between. They were all wanderers, and I am lucky to be among them.”

Among the friends making an appearance on the forthcoming album are Lana Del Rey, with whom Marshall recently toured. Del Rey will provide guest vocals on the record’s fourth track, “Woman.”

Marshall will be playing a few shows in September with The National before her album release. Although she’s a native of the South, Marshall will be spending the night of her album’s debut kicking off her fall tour in Boston with a show at the Paradise Rock Club. Marshall has tour dates scheduled into December, and will be playing both in North America and Europe. Tickets go on sale Friday, July 20, at 10 a.m. local time, except for the Oct. 6 Vermont date, which will go on sale at 12 p.m."

https://youtu.be/_ss1uN1IHyA

“Do not postpone happiness”
(Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
(Tim Rogers)

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Nice! :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    This is going to be good.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,929
    read Cat Stevens. Either way - cool!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Very amped for this. Been far too long since her blast album.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Sweet! Can't wait to hear this. Love Chan's voice. 
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Great! :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    I’ve missed that voice!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options