the POSITIVITY thread (official)

Comments

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    edited September 2018
    Had to do some painting this week and dug out my bootleg shoebox (which inexplicably has not been pulled out in awhile, have some recent boots on a shelf).

i was thrilled to see all my old boots! Grabbed an '06 Milan show, didn't look at the setlist, and fired it up. Damn it sounded good!

Also taught some kindergarteners early reading today. Books fucking rock!
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited September 2018
    lolobugg said:
    I would like to add @tempo_n_groove to this thread as one hell of a guy and really one of the great souls. He has done more for me than anyone on the forum. He is selfless and helps so many get fair deals and his  charity work is awesome. Just putting it out there. A great human. 

I WILL SECOND THIS.   WHATTA GREAT GUY! IS tEMPONCHRIS!!
    Love this thread. I always PM @tempo_n_groove when I come back to the forum after my hiatuses and he just oozes happy. He dedicated Shiny Happy People to me in that video dedication thread just because he hadn't seen me around. Felt really good. Actually gave me happy tears. 

I posted in a thread that had nothing to do with wanting anything, just a thread, and I got a PM that the op wanted to send me some 2018 merch. The smile that her random act of kindness caused is worth more than any merch, seriously. 

This is the stuff that keeps me coming back - kind people. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Mikemzl91 said:
    @lastexitlondon @willbarclay You've inspired me to cover the rest of my toolbox with stickers. Bought a set last week on lost dogs. I have to figure out where to put each sticker, so they fit right. 
    Send me your address and I can fix you up with some.
  • njnancy said:
    lolobugg said:
    I would like to add @tempo_n_groove to this thread as one hell of a guy and really one of the great souls. He has done more for me than anyone on the forum. He is selfless and helps so many get fair deals and his  charity work is awesome. Just putting it out there. A great human. 

Love this thread. I always PM @tempo_n_groove when I come back to the forum after my hiatuses and he just oozes happy. He dedicated Shiny Happy People to me in that video dedication thread just because he hadn't seen me around. Felt really good. Actually gave me happy tears. 

I posted in a thread that had nothing to do with wanting anything, just a thread, and I got a PM that the op wanted to send me some 2018 merch. The smile that her random act of kindness caused is worth more than any merch, seriously. 

@lastexitlondon @lolobugg @lastexitlondon

TY very much for the kind words.  This means a lot to me.
     :) 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    njnancy said:
    lolobugg said:

@lastexitlondon @lolobugg @lastexitlondon

TY very much for the kind words.  This means a lot to me.
     :) 

You rock, man!

Hope it isn't another 3 years before we can hang out again!  Bring on the PJ arena tour 2019!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

I like arena tours.  =)
  • jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Thanks for the plumber that saved my dads life last Thursday.  Dad was doing work on his house in New Brunswick,  had a massive heart attack.  Plumber was only other person at the house, called the ambulance, got dads cellphone and contacted family in Ontario.  If not for the plumber being there he would have been gone for sure.
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    jhager79 said:
    Thanks for the plumber that saved my dads life last Thursday.  Dad was doing work on his house in New Brunswick,  had a massive heart attack.  Plumber was only other person at the house, called the ambulance, got dads cellphone and contacted family in Ontario.  If not for the plumber being there he would have been gone for sure.
    Wow that is great to hear. What area was that in?
    PJNB said:
    jhager79 said:
    Wow that is great to hear. What area was that in?
    Grand Bay - Westfield,  outside St John 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    jhager79 said:
    That's great!! 
    I lost my dad a few years ago due to a massive heart attack. Only person in the house was my step mother and she had no idea what to do.
    first aid/CPR is a good thing to know. I took the day course after that.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    jhager79 said:
    That's great!! 
    I lost my dad a few years ago due to a massive heart attack. Only person in the house was my step mother and she had no idea what to do.
    I am an MRT at work. It is not my job but they train a handful of people to be trained with rescue situations and cpr. At first I did it because of the 400$ tax free incentive they were giving me but now I keep doing it because of how useful it is outside of work. I have 3 kids now and feel the more prepared I am for any situation the better for them. Hopefully it never comes to that but at least I will have the knowledge to help. 
    jhager79 said:
    That's great!! 
    Sorry for your loss.  Good of you to to get trained in cpr/ first aid. Definitely a good thing to have, but hopefully you never need to use it.
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    jhager79 said:
    jhager79 said:
    That's great!! 
    Sorry for your loss.  Good of you to to get trained in cpr/ first aid. Definitely a good thing to have, but hopefully you never need to use it.
    Thanks, and ya after that I decided I better take the course. We have 2 small kids at home so you never know.
  • Solid dry run. Very hard to figure out where I want to put each sticker. And very fun.

My Giants won.  =)
  • njnancy said:
    My Giants won.  =)
    lol
  • Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    I woke up to an order for my Etsy shop that I've neglegted over the last few months. I makes me happy to see that despite that, people are still interested.
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    I'm happy Pearl Jam is recording a new studio album and I'll be completing my Master's degree this fall. Stay positive folks...
  • After going to Ohana over the weekend AND trading stories with @tempo_n_groove -- a new forum friendship that happened over a trade -- I have to bump this thread.  Ohana was magical.  The song Ed did with Johnny Marr would make a great "holiday" single.  So much to be positive about!
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • After going to Ohana over the weekend AND trading stories with @tempo_n_groove -- a new forum friendship that happened over a trade -- I have to bump this thread.  Ohana was magical.  The song Ed did with Johnny Marr would make a great "holiday" single.  So much to be positive about!
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Aside from pj I love to listen and see Glen Hansard.  His music is so heart felt and honest with the Irish side that beats in my soul. 
    Me and my middle child Charlotte 17 made the trip to the most westerly  point of Europe. The dingle peninsula . To see the magic that is the swell season.  
    They haven't  played together in years and it showed in their emotion for eachother. 
    This was in a tent in a field,I am not exaggerating when I say in the middle of the wilderness of West Ireland. 
    The tent held at most a couple hundred . Mostly locals.
     After the amazing show Glen waved his arm and said let's all go outside.
    We were front row and followed him out around a burning fire in an old oil drum. We all stood around (me and char stood next one of our idols. Glen) we all sang a few songs. He asked me what to play next and I said the auld triangle.He offered me a verse but my brain totally forgot all the words I knew.  Someone filmed it all. It's a dark video as it's in a dark field at midnight . 
    But I want to say we followed a dream and it was as magical as I dreamt. Big love to all.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    Aside from pj I love to listen and see Glen Hansard.  His music is so heart felt and honest with the Irish side that beats in my soul. 
    Me and my middle child Charlotte 17 made the trip to the most westerly  point of Europe. The dingle peninsula . To see the magic that is the swell season.  
    They haven't  played together in years and it showed in their emotion for eachother. 
    This was in a tent in a field,I am not exaggerating when I say in the middle of the wilderness of West Ireland. 
    We were front row and followed him out around a burning fire in an old oil drum. We all stood around (me and char stood next one of our idols. Glen) we all sang a few songs. He asked me what to play next and I said the auld triangle.He offered me a verse but my brain totally forgot all the words I knew.  Someone filmed it all. It's a dark video as it's in a dark field at midnight . 
    But I want to say we followed a dream and it was as magical as I dreamt. Big love to all.
    What a great story!  Thanks for sharing.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    @lastexitlondon Thanks again for the free stickers, received them yesterday. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Aside from pj I love to listen and see Glen Hansard.  His music is so heart felt and honest with the Irish side that beats in my soul. 
    That's so cool! What a great night that must have been.

I actually came here today to post some of my favourite Glen Hansard lyrics so this ties in well:

Winning Streak

Through summers long and 
    Winters cold
    May you always have someone good to hold
    And may good fortune wait on every bend
    And may your winning streak
    May it never end

So, roll the dice, boy
    'Cause my money's on you
    Take my advice now and put your money down too
    Because there's something in the eye you can't pretend
    May it never end

And may the sign of the Southern Cross
    Be some comfort to you when you're lost
    And may the devil's evil eye
    Pass you by

Well, it's not for glory, I tell you true
    That I do these things I do for you
    But for a promise I made now I must defend
    May it never end

And may the sign of the cross
    Be some comfort when you're lost,
    Help you when you're all broke down
    May the spirit of good brethren, turn you around
    And may the devil's evil eye, pass you right by
    Don't you look back my friend
    And may the sisters of good charity
    Take you in

Through summers long and
    Winters cold
    And may good fortune be a constant and a loyal friend
    May it never end

May your winning streak
    May it never end
    May your winning streak
    May it never end

https://youtu.be/iu0s3qwFPc0

Have a great weekend everyone :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:
    That's so cool! What a great night that must have been.

I actually came here today to post some of my favourite Glen Hansard lyrics so this ties in well:

Winning Streak

Through summers long and 
    Winters cold
    And may good fortune wait on every bend
    May it never end

So, roll the dice, boy
    'Cause my money's on you
    Take my advice now and put your money down too
    Because there's something in the eye you can't pretend
    May it never end

And may the sign of the Southern Cross
    Be some comfort to you when you're lost
    And may the devil's evil eye
    Pass you by

Well, it's not for glory, I tell you true
    That I do these things I do for you
    But for a promise I made now I must defend
    May it never end

And may the sign of the cross
    Be some comfort when you're lost,
    Help you when you're all broke down
    May the spirit of good brethren, turn you around
    And may the devil's evil eye, pass you right by
    Don't you look back my friend
    And may the sisters of good charity
    Take you in

Through summers long and
    Winters cold
    And may good fortune be a constant and a loyal friend
    May it never end

May your winning streak
    May it never end
    May your winning streak
    May it never end

https://youtu.be/iu0s3qwFPc0

Have a great weekend everyone :)
    We can all have some Glen in our life. Great choice . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

• Just got this this bad boy. 
    Even with the customs charges - up yours Canada Customs - it is worth it. 
    This guys work is amazing!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    The first day I feel better, after a week sick at home!

Great sunny weather and I'm just happy! =)
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    It's Friday.  It's payday.  The taco cart is coming to the the parking lot at work in two hours.  And, according to USPS, I have a new poster waiting at my door for me when I get home.  Life is good.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
    Milestone said:
    It's Friday.  It's payday.  The taco cart is coming to the the parking lot at work in two hours.  And, according to USPS, I have a new poster waiting at my door for me when I get home.  Life is good.

that sounds like a great day in my books. Enjoy !!

• The colours on this bad boy give me the tinglies.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe