2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    MayDay10 said:
    Toronto lands the top dog in this years free agent class...
    The Islanders didn't deserve Tavares and this is coming from an Islanders fan.  

What a horribly run organization...
    To add insult to injury, they finally decided to move on from snow and as appear to have their act together.

I cant blame tavares for not staking the rest of his career on assuming the islanders will continue to get it right.  
    It's a shame considering they have the ROY.  I do not blame Tavares one bit though as I am sure he is bitter at being with the Islanders for so long and nothing happening.

I remember when they traded LaFontaine... Kasparitus.. Turgeon...  Great players and nothing doing...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

I hear you.  Montreal fan here.  Bergeron is easily the worst GM in the league.  They can't score goals and they let the best pure goal scorer in the draft slip right on by.  Taking Alex for Domi, you don't trade away the skill Alex had, you get him a good centre to play with...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    And the Blackhawks got.... even older.
    Yeah not much to get excited about just yet.  Bowman really has to try to move on these huge contracts at some point...I think he should try to move Toews.  There's just no flexibility with the cap for them to do anything significant.  
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604

I hear you.  Montreal fan here.  Bergeron is easily the worst GM in the league.  They can't score goals and they let the best pure goal scorer in the draft slip right on by.  Taking Alex for Domi, you don't trade away the skill Alex had, you get him a good centre to play with...
    The Subban trade is just staggering.  Trading Sergachev was dumb too.

Also, drafting for need and grabbing that slow Finnish center in the draft was comical.  

Dorian is pretty awful too.  Cant believe the Avs own Ottawa's 2019 1st.  
    MayDay10 said:

Also, drafting for need and grabbing that slow Finnish center in the draft was comical.  

The Subban trade I would say is officially a disaster.  Weber is out 4-5 months.  At first I liked the Subban trade.  I thought they were ready to really make a deep run and I thought Weber would be one of the final piece.  So to me, if they had won the cup with weber in year 1 then the trade would have been worth it.  The other thing that perplexed me was the trading of Serachev, which now makes the Weber trade even worse ... I thought Weber could at least be his mentor.  Montreal needs to trade Price, Pax, Drouin and make Gallagher captain and essentially go full rebuild...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Sad to hear about Emery.  A champion and a consummate teammate.
    Sad to hear about Emery.  A champion and a consummate teammate.
    Damn only 35 ... RIP
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    MayDay10 said:

The Subban trade I would say is officially a disaster.  Weber is out 4-5 months.  At first I liked the Subban trade.  I thought they were ready to really make a deep run and I thought Weber would be one of the final piece.  So to me, if they had won the cup with weber in year 1 then the trade would have been worth it.  The other thing that perplexed me was the trading of Serachev, which now makes the Weber trade even worse ... I thought Weber could at least be his mentor.  Montreal needs to trade Price, Pax, Drouin and make Gallagher captain and essentially go full rebuild...
    the weber trade may go down as the worse trade in habs history, even worse than what they got for Roy when he left to the Avs. 
    I just don't understand how the GM still has his job.  I am guessing he has something on the molson family. 
    fife said:
    MayDay10 said:

the weber trade may go down as the worse trade in habs history, even worse than what they got for Roy when he left to the Avs. 
    I just don't understand how the GM still has his job.  I am guessing he has something on the molson family. 
    Roy will always be the worst trade ever ... he carried them to 2 championships, and 93 was special...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fife said:
    MayDay10 said:

Roy will always be the worst trade ever ... he carried them to 2 championships, and 93 was special...
    the reason i say the pk trade is worse is because you didn't have to trade him.  Roy said that he was not going to play again with the habs so the habs were stuck.  PK loved playing in Montreal
    fife said:
    fife said:
    MayDay10 said:

the reason i say the pk trade is worse is because you didn't have to trade him.  Roy said that he was not going to play again with the habs so the habs were stuck.  PK loved playing in Montreal
    They didn't have to trade Roy ... Roy had been at odds with Trembley (coach) ... in hindsight the coach should have been gone.  Roy was aspecial player, that was the dumbest trade ever...the defensemen traded to Tampa is the trade that might really bite Montreal.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I got my seat locations for my season tickets today.  Can't wait for hockey to start up again.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Henrik Zetterberg's Detroit Red Wings career appears to be over

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/08/28/detroit-red-wings-henrik-zetterberg/1128632002/

End of an era in Detroit ... I'm just guessing, but Hank must be the last connection to their last SC.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Steve Yzerman stepping down.

strange
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    MayDay10 said:
    Steve Yzerman stepping down.

strange
    returning home where he belongs
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/08/28/detroit-red-wings-henrik-zetterberg/1128632002/

End of an era in Detroit ... I'm just guessing, but Hank must be the last connection to their last SC.
    need some better D and were back up there.   Tons of speed, goalies iffy though...bernie and howie.  hopefully howard it healthy and plays well once again
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited September 2018
    Split squad action starts for Los Kings this week...really am not happy about the influx of talent via trades to our division.
    West is going to be brutal to make it through this season. 
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Karlson is a game in the west this year.  Still hard to believe San Jose got him so relatively cheap.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Nami said:

need some better D and were back up there.   Tons of speed, goalies iffy though...bernie and howie.  hopefully howard it healthy and plays well once again
    I agree the D needs big time improvement and I think Howard is just serving as the interim goalie.  At 35 Howard is not the goalie of the future.  I'm sure Holland has a plan.  Or maybe Holland moves to the president's role and Stevie Y returns.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    people at work are already talking about the jets and their hopes for the 2019 playoffs. LOL. They hadn't even played a game yet. Jesus. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    people at work are already talking about the jets and their hopes for the 2019 playoffs. LOL. They hadn't even played a game yet. Jesus. 
    Pre-season excitement.  Those conversations are going on in every fan base.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    it just seems so ludicrous. my co-worker was saying she hopes the jets don't get first place (only being a fairweather fan, I don't know why, but that's what she said). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    KC138045 said:
    it just seems so ludicrous. my co-worker was saying she hopes the jets don't get first place (only being a fairweather fan, I don't know why, but that's what she said). 
    Not ludicrous at all.  With the success the Jets had last year, of course the fan base is excited for the season with high expectation.  And  for me with the Blackhawks, I'm on the complete opposite side not expecting shit from them this year since they did pretty much nothing in the offseason.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Just like Leafs Nation lol. We already have the parade route planned. You Jets faithful are falling behind lol
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    BLACK35 said:
    Just like Leafs Nation lol. We already have the parade route planned. You Jets faithful are falling behind lol
    If the goaltending is there ... I expect an all-Canadian final leafs vs jets
    Give Peas A Chance…

Follow the NFL off-season, just once ... diehard NFL fans start talking about free agency and the draft before the super bowl parade is planned ...
    Give Peas A Chance…

Follow the NFL off-season, just once ... diehard NFL fans start talking about free agency and the draft before the super bowl parade is planned ...
    i work with some die hard NFL fans. a guy in the office across from mine runs an NFL pool. I hate monday mornings even more than usualy with all of the armchair-quarterback-ness that goes on, usually the entire morning. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

i work with some die hard NFL fans. a guy in the office across from mine runs an NFL pool. I hate monday mornings even more than usualy with all of the armchair-quarterback-ness that goes on, usually the entire morning. 
    I think you get the picture then...I'd rather have single-game sports betting...
    Give Peas A Chance…