My Missoula poster damaged - Available over on Lost Dogs for Charity

willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
edited September 2018 in The Porch
Well, my F4D Missoula poster just arrived. Outer triangular box seemed ok but once opened the tube had a HUGE dent. Scared, I pulled it out and sure enough. A couple dents in the poster and it's completely wavy/rippled.
ive emailed F4D. Just waiting to hear back. Anyone else have an issue? Ever delt with F4D before with similar issue? How was it worked out?
darn it!!!
Post edited by willbarclay on

Comments

• adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    Man that sucks, sorry to hear it. 

That said, you probably want to get rid of that damaged poster at a reasonable price. I know someone! =)=)=)  
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    F4D will take care of you one way or the other. Your going to have to be lucky if they have any replacement prints though.
  • That sucks. Things happen. F4D is a quality shop with some great folks. I've never had an issue with them on this. Good luck.
  • TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,072
    edited September 2018
    F4d had to replace 2 of mine from the 2016 tour, and were awesome.  both were f' ups by the usps
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Email then. They will help you out. Their customer service is the best! 
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Already heard from them and working something out. Thanks for the advice guys. 
    Poster tube damaged and not the triangular outter box seems fishy to me. Maybe customs opened it up and gave the tube a whack. HA
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    Perhaps a Republican postal worker?  Does that mean that everyone else's Missoula poster just went up in value by a few dollars?
    (I'm just kidding..... getting delirious in my last hour at work)
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
    TA243471 said:
    F4d had to replace 2 of mine from the 2016 tour, and were awesome.  both were f' ups by the usps
    @TA243471 what did you have to do with the original damaged poster? Destroy it?
  • TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,072
    If i remember correctly, I just destroyed them, but had to send the postal insurance money back to someone at f4d.  Those were both crushed, so they were really worthless.  Joey Feldman just let us keep the ruined one, and then we donated that to the Operation Yellow Ribbon raffle, since that one only had 4 or 5 small creases, so it wasn't really noticeable, but we let them know about it so someone wasn't surprised..
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Ill take your damged one...
    edited September 2018
    Already heard from them and working something out. Thanks for the advice guys. 
    Poster tube damaged and not the triangular outter box seems fishy to me. Maybe customs opened it up and gave the tube a whack. HA
    That's great they will work something out. :)
    Was the tape on the outside triangle USPS box cut / opened?
    Post edited by demetrios on
    Didn't seem to be but I Hadent really inspected it. I just wanted to open this sucker up. Then I noticed the dented tube inside. 
    F4D has confirmed they will send me another copy. They only ask that I tear up the damaged one I got. I asked if they would be cool if we did a raffle here for it with all proceeds to charity. So fingers crossed we can do that. I know somone can still frame this out and enjoy it. 
    Ok, so F4D are totally awesome and have given me the all clear to do a raffle for the poster. 
    Anyone interested can keep an eye out over on the lost dogs forum and I'll have a thread started soon. 
  • I feel your pain. I just had an Ames poster arrived damaged :bawling:
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    You want to know pain?  I ordered three Boston posters via ebay because I didn't want to waste time in merch lines.  I bought the three separate posters (Mumford, Williams, Brown) from the same seller who shipped them all in one tube.  My brilliant postal deliverer stuck the tube in my mailbox on a day that rained virtually all day.  End of tube was soaked...all three posters damaged.  Luckily they can still be framed without seeing the difference as the damage was to the backs of the posters (i.e. visible water damage to corners...some color smearing on the back of the Brown poster) but they obviously have no value at this point.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    That's brutal all around.
  • You want to know pain?  I ordered three Boston posters via ebay because I didn't want to waste time in merch lines.  I bought the three separate posters (Mumford, Williams, Brown) from the same seller who shipped them all in one tube.  My brilliant postal deliverer stuck the tube in my mailbox on a day that rained virtually all day.  End of tube was soaked...all three posters damaged.  Luckily they can still be framed without seeing the difference as the damage was to the backs of the posters (i.e. visible water damage to corners...some color smearing on the back of the Brown poster) but they obviously have no value at this point.

Yeah, that blows. Sorry man
    Ok, so F4D are totally awesome and have given me the all clear to do a raffle for the poster. 
    Anyone interested can keep an eye out over on the lost dogs forum and I'll have a thread started soon. 
    That's wonderful! :) 
    Raffle is on over at the lost dogs forum for this Missoula poster. All proceeds will go to Children's Hospital.
    Raffle is on over at the lost dogs forum for this Missoula poster. All proceeds will go to Children's Hospital.