Name your top 3 shows (that you attended)

Comments

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    1upstate said:
    1. 4/12/92-  Limelight - lucked into this one. Walking by a church on my way to a Sunday work dinner I see that PJ is playing there so I ask about tickets. Bouncer looks at me, in a suit, and says, "I'll give you a wrist band right now to get in later, cause there's no tickets"  - Left work dinner early to go. It was INSANE show. I was hooked.  
    This is an AMAZING story!! I’m too young to have been around for the 92 days but always wistfully look at the Limelight when I walk by it, knowing an amazing show happened in there so many years ago.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    edited September 2018
    1. Gorge 2005
    2. Boise 2000
    3. Vancouver 2013

In context these are the shows that didn't make my top 3 (in no particular order except the shows below are my favourites that didn't make it):

Seattle II 2016
    Vancouver 2000 (The Commodore - Pearl Jam in a bar - and it doesn't make my top 3..  :(  )
    Wrigley I & II 2016
    Seattle II 2000
    Seattle II 1998
    Vancouver 1998
    Missoula 1998
    Gorge I and II 2006
    Pemberton 2016
    Vancouver 2005

I love the love I'm seeing in the previous pages for Vancouver 2005 and 2013.   Vancouver's a bit light on 10c members, so there's not enough of us to express how amazing the Vancouver shows are. 
    Post edited by Zod on
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    Zod said:
    1. Gorge 2005
    2. Boise 2000
    3. Vancouver 2013

In context these are the shows that didn't make my top 3 (in no particular order except the shows below are my favourites that didn't make it):

Seattle II 2016
    Vancouver 2000 (The Commodore - Pearl Jam in a bar - and it doesn't make my top 3..  :(  )
    Wrigley I & II 2016
    Seattle II 2000
    Seattle II 1998
    Vancouver 1998
    Missoula 1998
    Gorge I and II 2006
    Pemberton 2016
    Vancouver 2005

I love the love I'm seeing in the previous pages for Vancouver 2005 and 2013.   Vancouver's a bit light on 10c members, so there's not enough of us to express how amazing the Vancouver shows are. 
    Vancouver shows are always kickass!

I've done:

2005 (my 1st show)
    2013 (amazingly underrated show!)
    2016 (Pemberton Festival - maybe the best bootleg I own)

2000 I did not win tickets to the commodore unfortunately 
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    edited September 2018
    iammine16 said:
    Zod said:
    1. Gorge 2005
    2. Boise 2000
    3. Vancouver 2013

Seattle II 2016
    Wrigley I & II 2016
    Seattle II 2000
    Seattle II 1998
    Vancouver 1998
    Missoula 1998
    Gorge I and II 2006
    Pemberton 2016
    Vancouver 2005

I've done:

2005 (my 1st show)

I have a really hard time not putting Pemberton in my top 3.    It was an amazing show.   It's also the bootleg we've listened to the most from the 2013-2018 era of concerts.    To be honest I waffled at putting Vancouver '13 or Pemberton '16 as #3 in my top 3.    I think it's amazing that I consider those shows to be better than the 4 stadium shows I've been too.  Especially Wrigley II '16 and Seattle II '18 which were pretty amazing shows.

It's cool that Vancouver flies under the radar.   So much less hassle at those shows :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited September 2018
    1upstate said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    1upstate said:
    1. 4/12/92-  Limelight - lucked into this one. Walking by a church on my way to a Sunday work dinner I see that PJ is playing there so I ask about tickets. Bouncer looks at me, in a suit, and says, "I'll give you a wrist band right now to get in later, cause there's no tickets"  - Left work dinner early to go. It was INSANE show. I was hooked. 
    2. May 1, 2016- After a 16 year hiatus from PJ shows (life got in the way, a divorce and subsequent remarriage of a huge PJ fan had me not listening- nothingman will forever kick my ass) I decided we had to see them. Only time in my life I used stubhub for scalped tickets. 
    3. Wrigley 2 -2018 - closest I've ever been, moved back 1-12 people due to storm kinda sucked but still had a ball. 
    holy shit, you were at the limelight show?!  any photos?
    Photos?? I was lucky to be there. I think it was sold out and one of the security guards thought it was funny a suit wanted to go!! I had no camera, camera phones were unheard of.... I wish I had anything other than memories....
    We can relive that show on you tube thank god. What an incredible night that was. Truly the rock n roll church  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited September 2018
    1upstate said:
    This is an AMAZING story!! I’m too young to have been around for the 92 days but always wistfully look at the Limelight when I walk by it, knowing an amazing show happened in there so many years ago.
    It’s a sin what it is now. It pains me as well when I walk by it. Between Pearl Jam and seeing Alice In Chains there it makes me a
    sad
    Post edited by JP218404 on
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Columbia 16
    Hampton 16
    Both Fenway 18.

Been to 13 shows since 08. 
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 379
    #1 Philly 10/30/09.  The set list was just tremendous, didn’t even know what a gift it was at that time. I was always more of a casual fan that wanted to hear Jeremy and Alive etc. This was the show that spoke to me and told me to listen to all the songs and not just skip through the lesser-known ones. One of my favorite boots ever!

#2 Boston May 10?  2010. I should remember the date of that show because that was the day I had front row tickets to see the guys. It was amazing!  Was really hoping to get release for an opener and heard those chords and I was just so thankful. 

#3  Number three is a tossup. I cannot choose between the Fenway #1 show, second night of PJ 20 (NO WAY!! Never thought they would play that) Or Halloween in Philly the last night of the Spectrum. 
  • #1 - Philly 10/31/09
    #2 - Camden 6/20/08 (10c seats were front row dead center, not to mention the performance was on point)
    #3 - PJ20
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    It d Be really cool to know the top three for each band member. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    edited September 2018
    Been to 7 shows...

1. Greenville 2016 (So much energy this night...and I met Mike in the park the following day.)
    2. Houston 2000 (First show...however I think back and wonder how it is I joined the 10C in 98 and it took me 2 years to get to a show...ha.)
    3. Dallas 2013 (my son was born 3 days after this show! Thankful he let me squeeze in this show and that my wife didn’t have to kill me. Bonus his middle name is Stone. Grant Stone)

Post edited by moses562 on
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    1) Philadelphia 4 2009
    2) Fenway 1 2016
    3) Barrie, Molson Park, 1998
  • 1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    JP218404 said:
    1upstate said:
    It’s a sin what it is now. It pains me as well when I walk by it. Between Pearl Jam and seeing Alice In Chains there it makes me a
    sad
    That's just it, I never even knew it was there. 

My firm picked up a big hospital for a client and flights, for a 40 minute flight were $500, so the firm decided we should drive, on Sunday, because the extra $400 in out of pocket per person was cheaper than $500.  Then, on top of it, have a MANDATORY dinner in the city, on a fucking Sunday night? I was pissed.  So when I see that a new band I really like is playing a club, I figure, what can go wrong? 

I never went there again, I would only spend 4-6 weeks a year down there, most of it in late winter/ early spring.  The only other cool bands I saw down there were Ramones and Lou Reed. 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    iammine16 said:
    Zod said:
    1. Gorge 2005
    2. Boise 2000
    3. Vancouver 2013

Seattle II 2016
    Wrigley I & II 2016
    Seattle II 2000
    Seattle II 1998
    Vancouver 1998
    Missoula 1998
    Gorge I and II 2006
    Pemberton 2016
    Vancouver 2005

I've done:

2005 (my 1st show)

After living my most of my first 45 years in Southern Ontario, I've recently moved to the Vancouver area. I really hope I get to see a PJ show here in the near future. Those setlists from 2011 and 2013 look fantastic!
  • BH87446BH87446 Posts: 113
    1) Sacramento 1995- still, to this day, the concert by which I judge all others. I’ve even got the setlist, my most prized piece of PJ memorabilia...
    2) Seattle 2018- night one of the home shows. Well worth the 12 hour drive, especially for my girlfriend, who’s first (hopefully of many) time it was. Also visited Easy Street and the Pearl Jam exhibit at MoPOP on this trip. 
    3) Mountain View/Shoreline 1994- Bridge Shool Benefit Show, my first time seeing the greatest band of all time, and the rest of the lineup was pretty excellent, as well!

4) (not Pearl Jam, exactly, but well worth mentioning) San Francisco 2016- TOTD, a week before my birthday. Enough said. 😉
  • cornelia.hcornelia.h Vienna Posts: 47
    I wrote this posting for another forum, it ranks all the shows I saw. I just decided to copy and paste it.
    #1 Salzburg 2000: great outdoor show right in the middle of a beautiful city, perfect weather, my first show and - as the boootleg shows - one of the top Euro 2000 performances.
    #2 Vienna 2014: great performance, nice setlist and I knew that my child would be born in a few days. Awesome experience!
    #3 Vienna 2006: very good show at the end of the Euro tour 2006, had a great time with a few friends who weren't even casual fans. They loved it!
    #4 Berlin 2018: it wasn't the tightest performance but I had a great time at Waldbühne. Sometimes it felt like it was 1992 all over again with all that moshing and crowdsurfing in the front rows. I didn't think that that would still be possible at one of their shows. I already saw Neil Young at that venue and it is really georgeous! After Salzburg my favourite venue to see them.
    #5 Munich 2007: travelled to Munich the day after my birthday and spent the day in this beautiful city. The arena was half empty (but the few that were there were really loud so it didn't matter), but the band was really tight that day. I still remember the floor vibrating when they did Whipping. And: I couldn't believe that they did Throw your hatred down. Didn't see that one coming.
    #6 Berlin I + II 2012: following the lacklustre show in Prag these were very good. I had a great time and enjoyed both evenings immensly, especially setlistwise. Saw so many songs for the first time here.
    #7 Stockholm 2012: probably the best performance of the 2012 shows I saw but I didn't particularly care for the setlist. I think, it was the longest of those Euro shows, that was a nice bonus.
    #8 NovaRock 2007: very short festival set and they had a few problems with their equipment (the day before they were scheduled to play a festival in Venice that was cancelled due to stormy weather. A few things that already were on stage got damaged). Nevertheless: nice show and like Munich really tight. You know it's a good one when a song that you've heard a hundred times gets you. Corduroy did the trick that day. But all in all it was too short to amount to much...
    #9 Prag 2012: first show I saw with my wife. Unfortunately the sound in that arena was atrocious (during Push me, pull me you couldn't hear the guitars. First I thought that it was an equipment malfunction, but on the boot you can hear that everything's there). Performance wasn't great either, in fact, I think it's the worst of the 2012 boots. Only good thing was the good crowd.

Also saw both Eddie solo shows in London in 2012 (excellent) and the one in Berlin 2017 (very good).

Salzburg 2000, Vienna 2006, Munich 2007, Novarock 2007, Prag, Berlin 1 + 2, Stockholm 2012, EV London 1 + 2 2012, Vienna 2014, EV Berlin 2017, Berlin 2018, EV Amsterdam I + II 2019
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    I've only seen PJ three times, all great shows....but the 1995 was one of the best nights. 

Sydney night 1, 1995
    Sydney BDO, 2014
    Sydney night 2, 1998
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    edited September 2018
    Soldier Field 1995
    Still the best PJ show I've ever seen

Wrigley night 2 2016
    It was almost like I wrote this setlist.
    Of The Earth
    Blood
    Comatose
    Lukin
    Man Of The Hour
    Oceans
    Ive Got A Feeling

St. Louis Vote For Change 10/05/04 – Fox Theatre: St. Louis, MO
    This show was incredible!  Wish I had a soundboard recording of this :(
    attendance: approx 4,500
    support act: Gob Roberts, Death Cab for Cutie
    Ed’s pre-set: Last Kiss
    set: Love Boat Captain, Last Exit, Animal, Save You, The American in Me, Corduroy, Immortality, Alone, Jeremy, In My Tree, Wishlist, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1 (acoustic): I Am A Patriot (Ed solo), Man Of The Hour, Elderly Woman, Off He Goes, All Or None, Black
    enc 2: The Seeker, Do The Evolution, State Of Love And Trust, Better Man/(Save It For Later), The New World (w/Tim Robbins), Fortunate Son
    enc 3: Yellow Ledbetter
    PJ makes a return to the Fabulous Fox Theatre, a beautiful, acoustically sound venue, after ten years. Ed is wearing a brown shirt with Bush’s face on it that says “Expires Nov ’04.” After ‘Corduroy,’ Ed says, “It’s about time this group played a classy joint!” (in comparison to the prior arenas). ‘Alone’ again catches many off guard and Ed’s vocals are nearly spot on with the original recordings but the harmonies are missing, filled by guitarwork. ‘Wishlist’ has the “I wish I was the president …” tag and includes some language about Dick Cheney and how you can’t sacrifice the lives of American men and women for a war that appears to be profit driven … “it will be Dick Cheney who is not forgiven.” This leads to a well-received and strong ‘RVM,’ concluding the first set. Upon returning, there is a toast to St. Louis and one to the whole state with some discussion about how only 1/3 of those between 18 and 22 vote and a plea to register and vote and that they don’t really care how people vote. Ed says actually they do care (“That’s why we’re here …”) and that leads to a lovely ‘Patriot’ with just Ed and his guitar. ‘MOTH’ is dedicated to Johnny Ramone, really lovely and a nice showcase for Ed’s deep range. ‘Elderly Woman’ includes a bauble (Ed notes, “I fucked up”) and he could tell since the crowd was singing along. ‘Off He Goes’ is beautiful and ‘All Or None’ again seems to be a bit lost on the crowd (and it would be nice to see Mike go a bit longer on the ending solo). Ed turns the end of ‘Black’ over to the crowd and it is a nice finish to the acoustic set. The next set begins with the normally quiet Stone talking quite a bit, thanking St. Louis and reminding people it is important to vote. Very solid set follows with so much excitement during ‘DTE’ that someone in the front of the balcony nearly falls. A brief, cheerful band huddle follows and they go with Mike’s selection of ‘SOLAT’ to keep the momentum going. ‘Wishlist’ slows things down but has a solid ‘Save It For Later’ tag with some “please vote” lyrics intermingled. During ‘The New World,’ Tim Robbins and Ed square off and slam into each other (you can guess who won … not Ed; Tim is tall!). The fun continues into a high spirited ‘Fortunate Son.’ Ed toys with the Bush mask a bit but there is no ‘Bushleaguer.’ ‘YL’ finishes, featuring a short ‘Star Spangled Banner’ tag by Mike.
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    My immediate answer happens to be all from the same venue.
    Alpine Valley 2003 and both PJ20 shows.

Don't think I need to go into the PJ20 shows.  The 03 Alpine Valley show was incredible.  From the setlist, being the first time I saw an outdoor show, bands energy, the crowd.  Such a great show.  

A couple of near misses are Kitchener 05, Toledo 96 (my first show), and Chicago 09 N1 (I won the 10club lottery and was first row) 

There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • JM84420JM84420 Backstage Posts: 48
    edited September 2018
    Kitchener 2005 (loudest crowd I've heard- and Eddie with a bottle of wine during encore maybe I'm just drunk but its fn loud in here) 
    C
    hampaign 2003 (Eddie saying this feels like the coliseum and I snuck in a bottle to a dry concert were memorable, however some fan yelling YL while Eddie was talking so he said we were going to play it but not now was a bummer- curse that fan!)
    Hawaii 12/2 2006 (Amazing Hawaii 78, long encore songs Inside job and crazy mary, and little wing with drums and eddie singing during YL made it the complete package)
    Post edited by JM84420 on
  • Updated after Seattle 2...in no order...

Minneapolis 98
    Moline
    Seattle 2 2018
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Krakow 2018
    Quebec City 2016
    Fenway 2 2016 

I think Fenway 2 is my favourite out of those 3. I go back and forth on Krakow and Quebec but right now I am enjoying the Krakow boot more. 

Honourable mention 
    Seattle 2 2018 
  • BH87446BH87446 Posts: 113
    Sacramento 1995
    Sacramento 1998
    Seattle 2018
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    No clue if I answered this already but today I am going:
    randall s Island, nyc 9/29/96
    msg 9/11/98
    toronto, Ontario 9/11/01
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • When a zillion balloons and whack of confetti drops from the ceiling. That's gotta count   ;)
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,181
    9/29/1996 Randall’s Island NY
    10/30/2009 Philly III
    5/22/2010 MSG night 2

HM:
    Philly 2005
    NYC night 1 2003
    Gorge 2005 
    Pistoia
    Philly 4 2009 
    Hartford 2013
    Charlottesville 2013

Every one of these concerts I left and can still recall thinking “that was special”
  • mcgruff10 said:
    No clue if I answered this already but today I am going:
    randall s Island, nyc 9/29/96
    msg 9/11/98
    toronto, Ontario 9/11/01
    I can’t remember what I put here either but today its

Prague 2018
    Moline 2014
    Calgary 2013

• TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,072
    edited January 2020
    Only seen 8, so pretty easy to choose right now.
    Seattle 2 2018  They just kept slamming me with songs from my playlist.
    Wrigley 2 2016  - Black,Red Yellow w/ Rodman, Man of the Hour, Of the Earth, and completed 10
    Gorge 1 2006 - I finally broke down and bought tickets.  And heard Dirty Frank!!!
    Post edited by TA243471 on
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 253
    Louisville 1994 - 1st show
    Cincinnati 2006 - Emotional night in the building where 11 Who fans died - Ed doing The Kids Are Alright pre-set, wrapping it up with Baba
    Seattle 2 2018 - 1st rail

Looking forward to one of these to get moved down the list.
  • JC29866JC29866 Chicago Posts: 80
    1998 Tibetan Freedom Concert in DC

Oct. 1996 Buffalo, NY No Code Tour

PJ20