The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    6 LP????  SHIT
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    kramer73 said:
    6 LP????  SHIT
    I know.  Gonna cost a fortune. 

I'm on the fence on this one though.  Jimi never wanted anything put out that he didn't approve of.  WWJD?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I have held off on purchasing most of the posthumous stuff that isn't live recordings. That's not to say that I haven't listened to it all, but I don't feel right supporting it financially.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Does anybody know how much?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    dankind said:
    I have held off on purchasing most of the posthumous stuff that isn't live recordings. That's not to say that I haven't listened to it all, but I don't feel right supporting it financially.
    Yeah, I hear ya Dan.  I've only purchased a few live posthumous records- Clark University and the Monterey Pop reissue- over the last several years.  I'd like to replace my well worn copy of Electric Lady Land but not sure I need all the extra stuff.

• $111 is the Amazon pre-sale price for the 6 LP set; it's in the ballpark with Petty's Anthology, price wise. And Amazon fluctuates in price everyday, it seems.
    As for material, well Ladyland is 2 albums, plus a (new?) Live show from '68, and 2 LPs of demos & outtakes. I think there's a DVD making of in there too.
    I guess that old original cover is just as offensive today! No where to be seen in the press release. I know Hendrix hated it, but he was no fan of the labels 2nd choice either.
    jbrownie said:
    $111 is the Amazon pre-sale price for the 6 LP set; it's in the ballpark with Petty's Anthology, price wise. And Amazon fluctuates in price everyday, it seems.
    As for material, well Ladyland is 2 albums, plus a (new?) Live show from '68, and 2 LPs of demos & outtakes. I think there's a DVD making of in there too.
    I guess that old original cover is just as offensive today! No where to be seen in the press release. I know Hendrix hated it, but he was no fan of the labels 2nd choice either.
    I've read that Jimi hated the original cover with the naked ladies. 

$111 is too steep for me.  I'll go with a replacement for my worn out original one of these days.

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    jbrownie said:
    $111 is the Amazon pre-sale price for the 6 LP set; it's in the ballpark with Petty's Anthology, price wise. And Amazon fluctuates in price everyday, it seems.
    I wish that live show was a standalone.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    kramer73 said:
    jbrownie said:
    I wish that live show was a standalone.
    Maybe it will be a RSD release at some point. We can hope.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    edited September 2018