******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    defense once again steps up.  Will be great to see this team when the offense clicks.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    So. Tired.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    I love this team. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Just the way you draw it up!!! Nice win but sloppy. Like what I saw from KGH, Gerry & Hicks.
    NEXT!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Question, guys....the Northeast Terrace sections....do you access the same as the end zone areas or do you have to navigate the jungle atmosphere that is the upper deck? 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I laughed

chinese-happy.jpg
    Question, guys....the Northeast Terrace sections....do you access the same as the end zone areas or do you have to navigate the jungle atmosphere that is the upper deck? 
    I honestly don’t know. I tend to stay in my own area there. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Ok thanks
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    i didn't write this but i've been saying this for years...

come on Juggler i know you are a big fan of this site too...

My wife bypassed club level to be in 122 and paid more than the club level seats I found.
    Club level rules. 
    Dammit. 
    Better food, better view, better seats, warm/dry, open for an hour post game so you can drink and let people get out of the way....dammit!
    [I clearly don't make the choices for this one, this is her team.]

Want to check out that NE Terrace while there, though, as those look like good seats and they are much more affordable.

You have season seats, I take it?  What is the waiting list for that shit?
    My wife bypassed club level to be in 122 and paid more than the club level seats I found.
    Club level rules. 
    Dammit. 
    Better food, better view, better seats, warm/dry, open for an hour post game so you can drink and let people get out of the way....dammit!

Want to check out that NE Terrace while there, though, as those look like good seats and they are much more affordable.

Club Level seats are awesome. 

Yeah we’ve had our tickets since The Vet was still around. Got them while we were still in college. They used to say 40,000 some people were on the list but that could be a bunch of nonsense. Who knows?

NE Terrace looks cool but the sun will be right in your eyes over there. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Club level rules. 
    Dammit. 

Yeah we’ve had our tickets since The Vet was still around. Got them while we were still in college. They used to say 40,000 some people were on the list but that could be a bunch of nonsense. Who knows?

Holy shit, 40k?! 

Good point on the sun.
    I avoid sitting down by the field on the Phillies side for that reason.  Fucking blinded for start of the game, sometimes.
    Club level rules. 
    Dammit. 

Holy shit, 40k?! 

Good point on the sun.
    I avoid sitting down by the field on the Phillies side for that reason.  Fucking blinded for start of the game, sometimes.
    Yeah me too (hashtag?). Gotta be third base side or behind plate. It’s a savvy veteran move
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

so no comment from the crowd who complains about run-pass ratio after every loss?
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

so no comment from the crowd who complains about run-pass ratio after every loss?
    I guess you’re upset no one wanted to argue with you about throwing 80% of the time for the millionth time?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-great-nfl-passing-boom-is-over-hope-you-enjoyed-it/amp/

“But teams that can both run and pass the ball well from under center will always be harder to defend, and teams that can’t throw the ball well are no longer putting up big numbers just by throwing it more.”
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited September 2018
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

I guess you’re upset no one wanted to argue with you about throwing 80% of the time for the millionth time?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-great-nfl-passing-boom-is-over-hope-you-enjoyed-it/amp/

“But teams that can both run and pass the ball well from under center will always be harder to defend, and teams that can’t throw the ball well are no longer putting up big numbers just by throwing it more.”
    so you disagree with the premise of the article that teams don't throw enough?  especially on 1st and 2nd down?  

picking out an older article than the one i posted.  nice effort.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited September 2018
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

so you disagree with the premise of the article that teams don't throw enough?  especially on 1st and 2nd down?  

The article was from December and it shows you that teams actually threw a little less last season. 

Nobody will ever throw it 80% of the time (especially if Mike Vick is the qb-like when you originally suggested this 8 excruciatingly long years ago). Sorry man. Not gonna happen. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

The article was from December and it shows you that teams actually threw a little less last season. 

Nobody will ever throw it 80% of the time (especially if Mike Vick is the qb-like when you originally suggested this 8 excruciatingly long years ago). Sorry man. Not gonna happen. 
    you totally misunderstood the article i posted. it doesn't say teams are throwing it more it says they SHOULD throw it more. from the same sight you so seem to love.  so you like analytics except when it makes your thoughts look out of touch huh?

and nice work harping on one comment i made 8 years ago.  want to go back to like 8th grade and see what comments i made then too?
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

you totally misunderstood the article i posted. it doesn't say teams are throwing it more it says they SHOULD throw it more. from the same sight you so seem to love.  so you like analytics except when it makes your thoughts look out of touch huh?

and nice work harping on one comment i made 8 years ago.  want to go back to like 8th grade and see what comments i made then too?
    I get the article but when you start an argument off by saying the Eagles should throw the ball 80% of the time with a quarterback of Michael Vick's ability, it completely overshadows anything else you have to say....even 8 years later. This article isn't advocating for anything close to 80%, it actually praises the amount of times the Eagles threw it on first down which was....55% of the time.

Sorry. I guess, try again next year?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

I get the article but when you start an argument off by saying the Eagles should throw the ball 80% of the time with a quarterback of Michael Vick's ability, it completely overshadows anything else you have to say....even 8 years later. This article isn't advocating for anything close to 80%, it actually praises the amount of times the Eagles threw it on first down which was....55% of the time.

Sorry. I guess, try again next year?
    8 years ago and one post saying 80% and you can't let it go. really dude?  

i guess ill wait until they lose a game this year and the idiots talk about run-pass ratio again.
    Nice job quoting. The dumb 80% comment (with Mike Vick none the less) was your opening statement of your poorly conceived argument. So naturally, as you bring this up year after year, it will continue to haunt you. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited September 2018
    Nice job quoting. The dumb 80% comment (with Mike Vick none the less) was your opening statement of your poorly conceived argument. So naturally, as you bring this up year after year, it will continue to haunt you. 
    Haunt me like your Chip Kelly is revolutionizing the game articles and comments?  Or your ripping the trade and pick of Wentz and the Pederson hire?  Or Wentz wasn't developing his first year? Or Pederson's job was in jeopardy after his 1st year?  Remember how you wouldn't even spell his name correctly because you didn't like him?  so uhh yea ok

so if you get the article do you now agree teams don't pass enough in the NFL?  or do you disagree with the article?  
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks said:
    Haunt me like your Chip Kelly is revolutionizing the game articles and comments?  Or your ripping the trade and pick of Wentz and the Pederson hire?  Or Wentz wasn't developing his first year? Or Pederson's job was in jeopardy after his 1st year?  Remember how you wouldn't even spell his name correctly because you didn't like him?  so uhh yea ok

so if you get the article do you now agree teams don't pass enough in the NFL?  or do you disagree with the article?  
    ^
    How do you know you've lost an argument for the millionth time? You post unrelated nonsense like this. 

Maybe next year, fella. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

^
    How do you know you've lost an argument for the millionth time? You post unrelated nonsense like this. 

Maybe next year, fella. 
    haha love the logic that your idiotic comments are considered random nonsense but mine from 8 years ago is etched in stone.  :)

anyway let's hope the offense is a bit better this week than last week.  other than the 4th quarter last weeks game was not very exciting.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

^

Maybe next year, fella. 
    haha love the logic that your idiotic comments are considered random nonsense but mine from 8 years ago is etched in stone.  :)

anyway let's hope the offense is a bit better this week than last week.  other than the 4th quarter last weeks game was not very exciting.
    Well one comment is something you've actually said relative the topic, the others are mischaracterizations unrelated to the topic you, yourself, brought up. 

Anyway, agreed on the second point. Go Birds. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    surprised a bit to see the defense get torched so badly yesterday.

can't expect too much from offense without QB, RB, Left tackle and 2 out of 3 top receivers though.  

Only issue i had was Pederson running the ball 3 straight times inside the 10 on the next to last drive (although i'm sure some here loved it). the 3rd run cost almost a full minute of time on the clock.  would have been nice to get the ball back with that extra minute at the end.

Wentz back next week?  looks like it's a good possibility.
    pjhawks said:

can't expect too much from offense without QB, RB, Left tackle and 2 out of 3 top receivers though.  

Only issue i had was Pederson running the ball 3 straight times inside the 10 on the next to last drive (although i'm sure some here loved it). the 3rd run cost almost a full minute of time on the clock.  would have been nice to get the ball back with that extra minute at the end.

I was wondering the same thing...the clock management was a reason to not do it 3x.  I liked the idea of doing it on 1st down since they are likely to think you are passing...but to press the same button 2 more times was odd. 
    What a great touch on the pass to Nellie into the corner on 4th down, though.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    pjhawks said:

I was wondering the same thing...the clock management was a reason to not do it 3x.  I liked the idea of doing it on 1st down since they are likely to think you are passing...but to press the same button 2 more times was odd. 
    What a great touch on the pass to Nellie into the corner on 4th down, though.
    yeah was a little odd. Thought/was hoping they would have least tried to get the ball to Ertz at least once.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    That sucked. All those mistakes and still had a shot. I feel the same about those 3 runs with over 4min left. Doug ran an extra 1:30 off the clock when time was you biggest enemy and you still needed 2 scores. I still don't understand it and damn it, I'm mad on the internet about it!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer