Options

Honest Opinions on EV's stinginess in putting post-Yield songs on setlists

2»

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Is there really a "stinginess?" I've never noticed it to be honest. Part of this might be that the few staple songs that get played almost every night (Alive, Evenflow, Porch, Corduroy, Better Man, DTE) are all from the first 5 albums.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    I am glad, I like the early shit way more!
    He often can be just as "stingy" about No Code. For example, Seattle this year only got Lukin and I'm Open, the two shortest songs on the album!
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    It's completely ####ed up! I love post-Yield PJ songs & want those song represented more in future setlists
    rummy said:
    He often can be just as "stingy" about No Code. For example, Seattle this year only got Lukin and I'm Open, the two shortest songs on the album!
    Yeah and the only Backspacer song was Unthought Known, which is like their version of pop a song & I always skip it, every single time. Force of Nature, Supersonic & Got Some are way better songs, who cares if they don't have the cheesy lyrics, of course I think it might just be for all the kids, at least make it longer so I can have enough time to make it to the bathroom & back. But anyway sorry for going off on that tanget, so anyway, only one BS song, zero Avocado songs, sorry Wasted Reprise doesn't count, that's just being a tease, because it makes us wish we got Life Wasted, same thing w/tagging W.M.A., because the full version is so much more amazing, and it gets played so rarely, I don't know whether they have confidence that we will like them or what, but it really sucks as someone who Avocado & Backspacer in particular helped me get through some really tough times during a very dark time, it sucks to never be able to hear songs all these other great songs on these great fucking albums. Out of all 11 studio & Lost Dogs, even the one I would rate 12th still has many great songs & very few I skip. And a lot of us want to hear these songs, I know the words to almost every single song, I fucking love Pearl Jam! & not just the hits that get played all the time! What can I say? Is it wrong to love it all? Or most of it anyway?
  • Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372

They can play whatever they want and i am hella happy to be a part of it!!!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    It's completely ####ed up! I love post-Yield PJ songs & want those song represented more in future setlists

They can play whatever they want and i am hella happy to be a part of it!!!
    Hopefully they don't get as bad as Robby Madison did in Wedding Singer after he got dumped, they'd lose me at that point
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    edited September 2018
    I don't like too much from BS or LB, but YES I wish more from Binaural through S/T would get played! So much! And this is the reason I prefer the later dates for the Vault series too.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    I love it all but here’s the honest truth: the band is old and they don’t sell out 45,000 seat stadiums to only fan club members. The majority of those people paying to see the band want to hear Ten and Vs. If you don’t believe me, go see any band prior to 1995 and tell me how many songs on their set lists are from the last 10 years? Serious question 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    rummy said:
    Agree. I've seen multiple shows with none or maybe 1 NC song. Same with VS and 10, but not as often. There was defeinitely a time when I wasn't surprised if the only 10 song i heard was Evenflow, and the only VS song was RVM, and a donut for No Code.