Hurricane Flo

Everyone be safe here in the Carolinas and beyond. Stay strong and hope for the best. 
Pittsburgh 2013
Cincinnati 2014
Greenville 2016
(Raleigh 2016)
Columbia 2016

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Fingers crossed for y'all!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Be safe, everyone 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Be safe NC and SC friends.  I have family and close friends in the area so will sending out many good thoughts for all in the area. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Only a day or two away now.  Good thoughts for our NC and SC friends and family.  Be safe!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Just saw on the news, stay safe everyone !!! ❤️
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Be safe everyone.  When danger is no more, your POTUS will be there to toss you some paper towels to dry your property...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    This thing looks like a beast. I spoke with one of my cousins that lives in NC this morning. I'm so glad they headed west. Be safe, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Considering leaving Columbia if this thing really is hooking left more than expected. Ugh
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Be safe everyone , i'm scared to death of hurricanes ever since Sandy dropped a 50' oak on my house ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited September 2018

Hurricane Florence Could Be That Much Worse Because of What's Waiting for It on Land

There are lagoons of pig shit and coal ash in North Carolina—courtesy of Republican deregulation.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a23099217/hurricane-florence-pig-manure-coal-ash/

dignin said:

Hurricane Florence Could Be That Much Worse Because of What's Waiting for It on Land

There are lagoons of pig shit and coal ash in North Carolina—courtesy of Republican deregulation.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a23099217/hurricane-florence-pig-manure-coal-ash/

This is the kind of shit that happens when anti-environmentalists ignore the warnings about pollution.  This is going to be bad a best, most likely a major catastrophe.  What a fucking shame it takes disaster to wake people up.  But even then, do they?  This is nothing new.  It's just the latest clusterfuck.

Another article I ran across gives further details of an impending environmental crisis on the east coast.  Might be something to think about when we consider what kind of food we eat, what and how often we consume products that result in toxic waste, and how much energy we consume. 

"North Carolina has roughly 2,100 industrial-scale pork farms containing more than 9 million hogs typically housed in long metal sheds with grated floors designed to allow the animals’ urine and feces to fall through and flow into nearby open-air pits containing millions of gallons of untreated sewage."

"There are 16 nuclear reactors in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia, the states expected to suffer the most damage from Florence."

"The Environmental Protection Agency said Tuesday that it would be monitoring nine toxic waste cleanup sites near the Carolinas coast for potential flooding. More than a dozen such Superfund sites in and around Houston flooded last year in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, with spills of potentially hazardous materials reported at two."

• We’re lucky to have people in the trenches that can make a difference in these situations of natural disasters if it was up to him forget about it ! 
    We’re lucky to have people in the trenches that can make a difference in these situations of natural disasters if it was up to him forget about it ! 
    I assume by "him" your referring to the Angry Creamsicle.  Yeah, he still makes claims that "his government had done an “under-appreciated great job” handling Hurricane Maria last year in Puerto Rico" (quote from article linked above).  What a joke.  A bad joke!

• brianlux said:
    We’re lucky to have people in the trenches that can make a difference in these situations of natural disasters if it was up to him forget about it ! 
    I assume by "him" your referring to the Angry Creamsicle.  Yeah, he still makes claims that "his government had done an “under-appreciated great job” handling Hurricane Maria last year in Puerto Rico" (quote from article linked above).  What a joke.  A bad joke!
    Yep B it’s a bad reflection of this administration it’s a total dysfunctional WH being lead by an incomplete human...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    So does the hurricane vote blue or red in November???  And sense it is an act of God, will God be voting blue or red?  

I think we can all agree it is going to be Serena's fault when the dust settles
    edited September 2018
    Jason P said:
    So does the hurricane vote blue or red in November???  And sense it is an act of God, will God be voting blue or red?  

I think we can all agree it is going to be Serena's fault when the dust settles
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Can there be a thread expressing concern and well wishes for those in the path without the damn thing turning political?
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    no.  go watch msnbc it is all they are doing.  the hurricane is trump’s fault.
    edited September 2018
    Jimmy124 said:
    Can there be a thread expressing concern and well wishes for those in the path without the damn thing turning political?
     Jimmy124 I have family and friends in harms way back there who I am very worried about.  I was using some humor to alleviate the stress.  I'm sorry it was offensive to you.  I'll erase it.  Yes, I am very concerned.

Post edited by brianlux on

brianlux said:
    Jimmy124 said:
    Can there be a thread expressing concern and well wishes for those in the path without the damn thing turning political?
     Jimmy124 I have family and friends in harms way back there who I am very worried about.  I was using some humor to alleviate the stress.  I'm sorry it was offensive to you.  I'll erase it.  Yes, I am very concerned.

That said, I will not apologize for the environmental concerns.  I believe environment is science and health related, not political.  Same with climate.  Climate is a serious and rather nerdy subject.  I has (or should have) nothing to do with politics. 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    unsung said:
    No surprise.  Perhaps when the hurricane hits and there is life lost, you can post pictures with a stupid meme on nike/kap

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Relatively good news:

In its latest forecast track, released at 8 p.m., the National Hurricane Center said Florence is a Category 3 hurricane, with sustained winds of 115 mph and moving northwest at a pace of 16 mph. Although Florence weakened slightly since Wednesday morning, when it was a Category 4 storm, and is expected to weaken again on Thursday,

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    unsung said:
    Everyone knows weather has a liberal bias
    Jimmy124 said:
    Not in this place ... lol

Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • unsung said:
    Really ? I’d say exaggeration is what your doing remember the pendulum swings both ways Obama was blamed for everything that happened during his two terms ..
  • I'm just thinking about the information  in this thread.  I worry about those nuclear reactors  and all those pigs. I hope everyone is safe.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Meanwhile in Asia we are going to be hit by a bigger one...

Hong Kong (CNN)As the US east coast braces for Hurricane Florence, an even stronger super typhoon is barreling down on southeast Asia, with Hong Kong and Macau square in its path.