*** Seattle, WA Fanviews Here 8/8/18 ***

Comments

• JH6056 said:
    SV2828 said:
    kruesch said:
    i've never posted here, but felt i had to, cause y'all some spoiled ass mother fuckers.   nit picking that the show was no good because you didn't hear a song you've never heard before.   when you are actually at a show, and better man comes on, it's awesome.   the crowd loves it.  the energy is great.   looking at it on paper, you breeze past it.  but who gives a shit about the setlist.   just enjoy the show for what you get, not complaining about what you didn't 
    Man i couldnt agree more -- well said.  Ive been to lots of shows and while it is fun to speculate before the show about what youd like to hear or think youll hear or the opening three or whatever....it is such a downer when people get on what they didnt play afterwards.  Both these shows were epic ones in their own right.  A great energy in the building, fun in the air, good people for the most part. 

What i REALLY noticed this weekend in Seattle is that there are certain peoiple that think they own this band or have stocks in it, think they have a say, or own the spot where they stand, and no one can move past or get by or the elbows go out and the "stare forward" happens.  Just cause you have 3 t-shirts and i only have 2 left (cause i wore the other 8 out) doesnt mean anything.  We all love this band or we wouldnt go through the lines and BS to get in the building.  Just enjoy the show. 

I am heading to Boston in a few weeks and I dont think i am owed anymore as a person travelling from Vancouver than a fan that lives 3 blocks away from Fenway.  People should relax and realize how lucky we are that almost 30 years into this, our favourite band it still playing live (and still together!) and knocking it out of the park every night they play.  

And for the record, they pick GREAT covers.
    Just an observation: I've been to a lot of shows in GA over the years, and I only see the elbows come out and the stare-downs happen when someone is arriving LATER than those who waited forever, and trying to get IN FRONT of those who waited forever.  On that front, to me, it doesn't matter who's loved them longer or has more shirts, it simply matters when you arrived at the venue.  No one has the right to push their way (or even just walk their way) in front of those who did it the fair and right way..

Agreed.

The people who think they have stocks in the band in this scenario are the people who roll in later and proceed to navigate their way to the front- brushing by the insignificant people who have made the effort to get there a little earlier so they could have a better vantage point.

It's exceptionally selfish behaviour and if they happen to catch an elbow or a dirty look from someone who doesn't appreciate the brush aside... they shouldn't be surprised.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Just can’t say enough about this show and our whole experience in Seattle! Wife and I arrived from Tucson midday Tuesday and went directly to the merch line. Hung out with our luggage, met some lovely people, and made it to the table in about two hours. Checked into the hotel near the Space Needle, walked through the park and by MoPop, then had dinner with some friends who just moved to Seattle at Tutta Bella (amazing pizza!). 

Wednesday morning we toured London Bridge Studios, which was incredible. I’m not ashamed to say I got choked up when the sound engineer started mixing all the individual tracks to Jeremy right in front of us. The power of the moment and history and knowing everything happened in that room just hit me like a ton of bricks. So cool.

From there we went to MoPop for the 10C preview of the PJ exhibit, saw some awesome artifacts and memorabilia, and even ran into some of our friends from the merch line! Had the privilege of writing a note to the band on the boards at the end thanking them for all they have meant to me over the years.

We then went down to Pike for lunch and then walked down to Safeco. Got in the GA line around 2:30pm, again right next to a couple we met in the merch line. By the time we got in we were only 8 back from the stage and just a little left of center. 

This was my 10th PJ show, and the twentieth anniversary this year of seeing them for the first time. I thought the set was amazing. I’ve only heard Long Road live once before and Release and Low Light are my two favorite PJ songs, so it was about as perfect start as I could’ve imagined. Oh, and I FINALLY HEARD BREATH LIVE!!!!! It’s been my
    top white whale for forever and it was just as amazing as I hoped it would be. 

But the real magical moment of the night was when Eddie came down to the rail at the end of Porch. He came down, the crowd in front of me surged forward and all of a sudden there was a huge space open in front of me. I stepped up into it and there I was, three people away from THE MAN. 

Unreal. Just un-freakin-real. 

There was nothing not to love about the show. The hits, deep cuts, awesome covers, a surprise guest. My wife and I were absolutely exhausted by the time they walked off the stage and I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. 

It was an emotional, whirlwind of a trip. I’ve been dreaming of just visiting Seattle for 25 years to just experience the city where all the music I love came from. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d be able to tour an exhibit featuring almost 30 years of my favorite band’s artifacts, or tour the studio where they recorded their first album. Much less cap it all off with a 3 hour, 33 song concert in their home city. This is truly an experience that I am going to cherish for the rest of my time on this earth. 

Even though she’s not on the boards, I have to give a BIG shout out to my wife for not even thinking twice when I raised the possibility of doing this trip. “It’s Pearl Jam. In Seattle. What is there to think about?” is what she said. There’s no one else I would’ve wanted to share this experience with!

Thank you Seattle. Thank you Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Mike, and Matt.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    DC29940 said:
    Just can’t say enough about this show and our whole experience in Seattle! Wife and I arrived from Tucson midday Tuesday and went directly to the merch line. Hung out with our luggage, met some lovely people, and made it to the table in about two hours. Checked into the hotel near the Space Needle, walked through the park and by MoPop, then had dinner with some friends who just moved to Seattle at Tutta Bella (amazing pizza!). 

Wednesday morning we toured London Bridge Studios, which was incredible. I’m not ashamed to say I got choked up when the sound engineer started mixing all the individual tracks to Jeremy right in front of us. The power of the moment and history and knowing everything happened in that room just hit me like a ton of bricks. So cool.

From there we went to MoPop for the 10C preview of the PJ exhibit, saw some awesome artifacts and memorabilia, and even ran into some of our friends from the merch line! Had the privilege of writing a note to the band on the boards at the end thanking them for all they have meant to me over the years.

We then went down to Pike for lunch and then walked down to Safeco. Got in the GA line around 2:30pm, again right next to a couple we met in the merch line. By the time we got in we were only 8 back from the stage and just a little left of center. 

This was my 10th PJ show, and the twentieth anniversary this year of seeing them for the first time. I thought the set was amazing. I’ve only heard Long Road live once before and Release and Low Light are my two favorite PJ songs, so it was about as perfect start as I could’ve imagined. Oh, and I FINALLY HEARD BREATH LIVE!!!!! It’s been my
    top white whale for forever and it was just as amazing as I hoped it would be. 

But the real magical moment of the night was when Eddie came down to the rail at the end of Porch. He came down, the crowd in front of me surged forward and all of a sudden there was a huge space open in front of me. I stepped up into it and there I was, three people away from THE MAN. 

Unreal. Just un-freakin-real. 

There was nothing not to love about the show. The hits, deep cuts, awesome covers, a surprise guest. My wife and I were absolutely exhausted by the time they walked off the stage and I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. 

It was an emotional, whirlwind of a trip. I’ve been dreaming of just visiting Seattle for 25 years to just experience the city where all the music I love came from. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d be able to tour an exhibit featuring almost 30 years of my favorite band’s artifacts, or tour the studio where they recorded their first album. Much less cap it all off with a 3 hour, 33 song concert in their home city. This is truly an experience that I am going to cherish for the rest of my time on this earth. 

Even though she’s not on the boards, I have to give a BIG shout out to my wife for not even thinking twice when I raised the possibility of doing this trip. “It’s Pearl Jam. In Seattle. What is there to think about?” is what she said. There’s no one else I would’ve wanted to share this experience with!

Thank you Seattle. Thank you Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Mike, and Matt.
    I got all excited for you and happy for you just reading all that! And I didn't even know London Bridge Studios gives tours!  How cool is that??

Thanks, your story was a great read about a great show!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    potnik said:
    Wow!  I can't thank the 10C enough.  25 years of consecutive 10C membership sure pays off in terms of seat location.  What a show!  I can't enjoy GA with all the standing and shoving so I got reserved seating.  Floor M row 7 on the aisle.  Wound up 4 rows behind Dave Krusen on one side of us, Jill V four rows up on the other side.  Bronson Arroyo a couple rows over.  Iron Chef Michael Forgione three rows over as well.  Kim Thayill walking by all the time.  And a pile of the coolest fuckers all around having a great time with none of the usual drunken dramas you tend to see.  My guest turned out to be old friends of Jill's guests so when Jill went backstage for a while we went and said hi to her friends.  I wound up spending half the show in Jill's seat until she returned.   Such a great show.  Loved all the covers, especially We Are Going to be Friends with Ed's girls and their teachers.  The band were in great spirits and seemed to be having a blast.  There is something different and special about seeing the band in my hometown and theirs.  Thank you thank you.
    I can't state it better.  Show 72 for me.  And the first since Philly 4.  The people around me were amazing and met a bunch of new friends.   

If there is one request I have it is Oceans for August 10.  Some how I have missed it all these years and it is hands down my favorite.  No matter what happens, thank you for 28 years!

Jeremy

72 shows and no oceans?? wow, I don't feel so bad after only 5. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Both home shows were great.  Band seemed to be really enjoying themselves, setlists were varied, they raised a tonne for the cause, and just an all round great experience.  Getting Patriot, Throw Your Hatred Down on night 1 and then Footsteps, Rats, and Sonic Reducer on night 2 were just the cherries on top.  Amazing!

i would also like to give the venue security near the front kudos for both nights.  They were great at helping people and dispersing water.  Both were hot days and there were more than a few people to go down.  Venue staff was amazing.  Not sure if this was on their own direction, or a direction from PJ’s team, but all involved deserve a pat on the back for the kindness displayed.
  • adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Reading both reviews of night 1 and 2 and it’s crazy how people try to make the show they were at the best ever.  Both nights were really great in there own way...yes both were epic.  The Pj show before home shows was epic.
    Every PJ show is epic!!! Epic epic epic lol

We are so lucky to witness the best singer and band ever, no matter if it’s night one or two or where it’s at :)
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Dear Pearl Jam,
    You had me at Wash. :)
    Actually, you had me at Alive first, but live, you had me at Wash. 
    Big hugs,
    xx
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Kat said:
    Dear Pearl Jam,
    Big hugs,
    xx
    Every time they open with my favo  opener  WASH.   u are the person i think. 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Kat said:
    Dear Pearl Jam,
    Big hugs,
    xx
    Oops. Sea told me I posted to the wrong thread. Let me repost to the right thread. Long week. :D Thank you Dimi....it always catches my eye on the set list...and Unthought Known too. x

Falling down,...not staying down
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2018

You’re finally here and I’m a mess... Having been laid up in the hospital with non-refundable tickets, hotel and flight for ‘16 Greenville, no way I was going to miss at least one stop on this tour and Seattle Night 1 fell into place. Life was so hectic, head scrambled, I mistook the f’n Ticket Master verified fan program for 10 Club and when tix went on sale I had missed out... but pulled 3rd base seats. I was GOING!

Oh when I was a kid oh how magic it seemed... My teenage son had been having a tough year (see hectic above) and this was gonna be a great trip to check out Seattle, visit some colleges, and see Pearl Jam for the first time. Getting ready I was all, “So, Metallica Rose Bowl shirt or Green Day Coliseum shirt?” “Yer an idiot, Dad, I’m wearing the SF ToTD shirt!” So yeah, when TM dropped Field, I had to scoop up two...

We all walk the long road... Very quickly the theme for the trip became ... lines. Long long lines. Starbucks in  terminal right up to boarding, an hour at SeaTac rent a car, then right to Merch! 2:40 and what fun, dudes with us, “You did bring your Tuesday Mech Pass Tickets, right?!?! Wouldn’t want u to get to the tent and be denied!” “And to think this is just the line for coasters, that line over there is for sweat bands folks!” Of course that didn’t stop me jumpin back in line inside before the show for a couple stickers and pins that were sold out.

Saving up a sunny day, something maybe two tone... Good to see my poster curse was somewhat in play. Let me explain, I’ve been to  almost every show with the worst posters, period. Lambhead wolfboy doesn’t even begin the list... so to see that Schuss, I was all “Yeaaah!” But Emek served up a nice technical piece, disjointed for me. Faile’s actually kinda funny with a wierd Seattle footnote. One of the better Ames. But the Klausen made me nervous, that’s too good. Cause when the poster really sucks, the show is always extra awesome! (I was worried Moline mighta broken the curse...)

Everybody pulled their socks up, everybody put their foot down... Some comments on so many covers, but I luv ‘em. Heck, I hit the head for Even Flow these days. Some comments on flow of show, and I’d agree it had its fits and starts, but for me in diff places. GTF seems to hit me every show, yawn. Setting Forth I prefer solo... Long Road, Release, Lowlight, TYHD, by All Those Yesterday’s I was ecstatic, just so many songs I’ve rarely caught! And two Beatles covers! Breath?!?! LET Me Sleep from the first fan club 45!?!? Back to your roots!

Who’s gonna break my fall, when the spinning starts... And then what, one of the latest recordings they’ve released with Ms Carlyle present? Nearly half these songs played under 100x.  Punk Patriot, very cool. And yet, all throughout the show reliving some of my fav moments, Release from Tornado Delayed Indy show, Lowlight as the sun sets over Outside Lands, Neil singing TYHD at Bridge School with em, crushing RVM Sacto ‘95. Family just in front of me, dad in his RVM shirt finagled to get em all seats together. Fist bump to that. And me getting that wrist slittin’ musical therapy I need.

Help me... Help me... Help me... Help me... Eddie at a Philly solo gig, “So I’m on some pain killers tonight, I’m on drugs because ... life.” Yep, that show, first we heard The End. So many of us have that Olympic backstory, that setup to the gold medal run where we learn our champion just had both feet gnawed off by dingos and her dad cut off his own feet to graft onto her so she could ski just ... one ... more ... time. Mine’s in these boards somewhere. And this show hit all the right spots, Release to SOLAT, Numb to Alive, Let Me Sleep to RVM. Some angst and rage, some pain and sadness, some joy and content.

Can't expect to go out, to go out with anything, anything more... First time hearing We’re Going to be Friends, cmon, any parent has been listening to that since CG came out! Only second time to cover Help? Third time for Again Today? Sixth time for Let Me Sleep since ‘91? 13th Help Help! 22nd All Those Yesterday! 30x for I’ve Got a Feeling since ‘91 Five songs off Ten for the Boy and MYM, his fav! Seattle 2 will go down as an epic rock show no doubt, that was f’n brutal to see the setlist flesh out, but for me, this show was perfect as a celebration of the Band in their Home Town.

You can’t always get what you want, but you get what you need...

Post edited by acutejam on
    [sic] happens
  • acutejam said:

You’re finally here and I’m a mess... Having been laid up in the hospital with non-refundable tickets, hotel and flight for ‘16 Greenville, no way I was going to miss at least one stop on this tour and Seattle Night 1 fell into place. Life was so hectic, head scrambled, I mistook the f’n Ticket Master verified fan program for 10 Club and when tix went on sale I had missed out... but pulled 3rd base seats. I was GOING!

Oh when I was a kid oh how magic it seemed... My teenage son had been having a tough year (see hectic above) and this was gonna be a great trip to check out Seattle, visit some colleges, and see Pearl Jam for the first time. Getting ready I was all, “So, Metallica Rose Bowl shirt or Green Day Coliseum shirt?” “Yer an idiot, Dad, I’m wearing the SF ToTD shirt!” So yeah, when TM dropped Field, I had to scoop up two...

We all walk the long road... Very quickly the theme for the trip became ... lines. Long long lines. Starbucks in  terminal right up to boarding, an hour at SeaTac rent a car, then right to Merch! 2:40 and what fun, dudes with us, “You did bring your Tuesday Mech Pass Tickets, right?!?! Wouldn’t want u to get to the tent and be denied!” “And to think this is just the line for coasters, that line over there is for sweat bands folks!” Of course that didn’t stop me jumpin back in line inside before the show for a couple stickers and pins that were sold out.

Saving up a sunny day, something maybe two tone... Good to see my poster curse was somewhat in play. Let me explain, I’ve been to  almost every show with the worst posters, period. Lambhead wolfboy doesn’t even begin the list... so to see that Schuss, I was all “Yeaaah!” But Emek served up a nice technical piece, disjointed for me. Faile’s actually kinda funny with a wierd Seattle footnote. One of the better Ames. But the Klausen made me nervous, that’s too good. Cause when the poster really sucks, the show is always extra awesome! (I was worried Moline mighta broken the curse...)

Everybody pulled their socks up, everybody put their foot down... Some comments on so many covers, but I luv ‘em. Heck, I hit the head for Even Flow these days. Some comments on flow of show, and I’d agree it had its fits and starts, but for me in diff places. GTF seems to hit me every show, yawn. Setting Forth I prefer solo... Long Road, Release, Lowlight, TYHD, by All Those Yesterday’s I was ecstatic, just so many songs I’ve rarely caught! And two Beatles covers! Breath?!?! LET Me Sleep from the first fan club 45!?!? Back to your roots!

Who’s gonna break my fall, when the spinning starts... And then what, one of the latest recordings they’ve released with Ms Carlyle present? Nearly half these songs played under 100x.  Punk Patriot, very cool. And yet, all throughout the show reliving some of my fav moments, Release from Tornado Delayed Indy show, Lowlight as the sun sets over Outside Lands, Neil singing TYHD at Bridge School with em, crushing RVM Sacto ‘95. Family just in front of me, dad in his RVM shirt finagled to get em all seats together. Fist bump to that. And me getting that wrist slittin’ musical therapy I need.

Help me... Help me... Help me... Help me... Eddie at a Philly solo gig, “So I’m on some pain killers tonight, I’m on drugs because ... life.” Yep, that show, first we heard The End. So many of us have that Olympic backstory, that setup to the gold medal run where we learn our champion just had both feet gnawed off by dingos and her dad cut off his own feet to graft onto her so she could ski just ... one ... more ... time. Mine’s in these boards somewhere. And this show hit all the right spots, Release to SOLAT, Numb to Alive, Let Me Sleep to RVM. Some angst and rage, some pain and sadness, some joy and content.

Can't expect to go out, to go out with anything, anything more... First time hearing We’re Going to be Friends, cmon, any parent has been listening to that since CG came out! Only second time to cover Help? Third time for Again Today? Sixth time for Let Me Sleep since ‘91? 13th Help Help! 22nd All Those Yesterday! 30x for I’ve Got a Feeling since ‘91 Five songs off Ten for the Boy and MYM, his fav! Seattle 2 will go down as an epic rock show no doubt, that was f’n brutal to see the setlist flesh out, but for me, this show was perfect as a celebration of the Band in their Home Town.

You can’t always get what you want, but you get what you need...

A good read!
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218

So I'm not sure how much the first song from night 1, Long Road was discussed. I happened to check out the awesome vids posted on Youtube including https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5dgIOCbO4E

Watching that song again, especially when MM is pointing to the crowd, and sky, how they are all in black, Matt's 90 shirt. And I remembered that in EV's first solo show after Chris...he opened with Long Road in a show that seemed to be played with Cornell in mind. 

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/05/eddie-vedder-gives-emotional-solo-performance-in-tribute-to-chris-cornell-setlist-video/  (Article written based on fan views from this forum)

Adding that to the lyric change for Andy during Release, pretty emotional 1-2 punch to open the night. I know I felt that in the crowd

'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Kat said:
    Kat said:
    Dear Pearl Jam,
    Big hugs,
    xx
    Oops. Sea told me I posted to the wrong thread. Let me repost to the right thread. Long week. :D Thank you Dimi....it always catches my eye on the set list...and Unthought Known too. x

haha..didnt even notice was wrong thread..cheers
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    kerbjack said:

So I'm not sure how much the first song from night 1, Long Road was discussed. I happened to check out the awesome vids posted on Youtube including https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5dgIOCbO4E

Watching that song again, especially when MM is pointing to the crowd, and sky, how they are all in black, Matt's 90 shirt. And I remembered that in EV's first solo show after Chris...he opened with Long Road in a show that seemed to be played with Cornell in mind. 

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/05/eddie-vedder-gives-emotional-solo-performance-in-tribute-to-chris-cornell-setlist-video/  (Article written based on fan views from this forum)

Adding that to the lyric change for Andy during Release, pretty emotional 1-2 punch to open the night. I know I felt that in the crowd

My favourite two openers back to back. Made this show worth it right there.
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Yup. The openers were beautiful. I was in tears. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • SunmoonstarsrainSunmoonstarsrain New Jersey Posts: 12
    edited September 2018
    I have to say. I've heard/witnessed most of the shows in this tour and attended Seattle 1 and 2 and I agree that Seattle 2 was epic but Seattle 1 has not gotten the love that it deserves. This was such an emotional and powerful show. It clocked in at about 3 hours and 15 minutes and was filled with powerful performances, deep cuts, unique covers, and emotional stories from EV. I hope history smiles upon this show because it was spectacular.
    Post edited by Sunmoonstarsrain on
    *~believe in something~*
  • I have to say. I've heard/witnessed most of the shows in this tour and attended Seattle 1 and 2 and I agree that Seattle 2 was epic but Seattle 1 has not gotten the love that it deserves. This was such an emotional and powerful show. It clocked in at about 3 hours and 15 minutes and was filled with powerful performances, deep cuts, unique covers, and emotional stories from EV. I hope history smiles upon this show because i

Agreed.

If it was a stand alone and not in the shadows of N2... people would be gushing about it.
  • SunmoonstarsrainSunmoonstarsrain New Jersey Posts: 12
    edited September 2018
    Truthfully, one of my favorite moments of this show was when Eddie came on stage and said, "hi we're Pearl Jam and we're from Seattle Washington." Great way to start the show.
    Post edited by Sunmoonstarsrain on
    *~believe in something~*
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Miss you already....
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    My favorite comment was when Ed says he feels like a waiter with too many tables. 
    This show is indeed the forgotten gem.  I thought it was pretty damned special. Help -> Help Help. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Bootleg CD ordered.
  • ryangingerryanginger Toronto Posts: 77
    Really enjoying reliving this through the mp3s
    Vancouver 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013
    Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle 1 & 2 2018
  • fmillanfmillan Chile Posts: 61
    This was my 4th time seeing the band on a different country (I'm from Santiago, Chile, the others were Wrigley 2016 1&2 and Rio 2018). This was kind of a last minute decission, travel and all, and it was totally worth it. The Long Road>Release opening was sublime. To me, Black being played on the main set instead of the encores was a nice surprise, NAIS, All Those Yesterdays, Help Help and Breath were highlights for me also. I've read some comments complaining about the setlist (too many covers, not eough deep cuts, etc.). The way I see it, every show is unique and I taught myself to set my expectations as if I was seeing the band for the first time, so I dont get upset if i get, say, MYM for the 15th time instead of a more rare song. Just finished listening to the bootleg and sounds wonderful.  Can't wait for the next tour.
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Didn't go to the show, listening to the bootleg I have to say this show is way underappreciated here. So many little gems and on off's that make this such a good show. Seattle N1 and Missoula will always be overshadowed by Seattle N2, but N1 was pretty fantastic.
  • KN219077 said:
    Didn't go to the show, listening to the bootleg I have to say this show is way underappreciated here. So many little gems and on off's that make this such a good show. Seattle N1 and Missoula will always be overshadowed by Seattle N2, but N1 was pretty fantastic.
    Was at the show and this is what I've been saying as well.

Seattle II was unreal, but it set a ridiculous standard for all other shows to live up to.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,944
    That's how I felt too.  Seattle I was pretty good and enjoyed it, but Seattle II was epic and level PJ only hits once and a while :)
  • potnikpotnik Posts: 440
    potnik said:
    Wow!  I can't thank the 10C enough.  25 years of consecutive 10C membership sure pays off in terms of seat location.  What a show!  I can't enjoy GA with all the standing and shoving so I got reserved seating.  Floor M row 7 on the aisle.  Wound up 4 rows behind Dave Krusen on one side of us, Jill V four rows up on the other side.  Bronson Arroyo a couple rows over.  Iron Chef Michael Forgione three rows over as well.  Kim Thayill walking by all the time.  And a pile of the coolest fuckers all around having a great time with none of the usual drunken dramas you tend to see.  My guest turned out to be old friends of Jill's guests so when Jill went backstage for a while we went and said hi to her friends.  I wound up spending half the show in Jill's seat until she returned.   Such a great show.  Loved all the covers, especially We Are Going to be Friends with Ed's girls and their teachers.  The band were in great spirits and seemed to be having a blast.  There is something different and special about seeing the band in my hometown and theirs.  Thank you thank you.
    I can't state it better.  Show 72 for me.  And the first since Philly 4.  The people around me were amazing and met a bunch of new friends.   

If there is one request I have it is Oceans for August 10.  Some how I have missed it all these years and it is hands down my favorite.  No matter what happens, thank you for 28 years!

Jeremy

Don't give up hope.  Got it show 73.  

It was worth the wait.

• potnik said:
    potnik said:

Jeremy

Don't give up hope.  Got it show 73.  

It was worth the wait.

rad!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,944
    Ocean's is like a wave.   I didn't get it until #21, but then got it again 3 more times over the next few years.  I think they open it with it more often now.   High chance of seeing it if you go to both shows in a single city.
  • I already posted, but had to post again. I got the bootleg for night 1, which was the show I went to. Eddie and Jeff hide a few gems in there about Andy. While singing Release, Ed sings "Oh Andy, can you see us now". On "I've got a feeling" while Ed sings the chorus, Jeff sings "Everybody misses Andy, we'll be seeing you in no time" (instead of "everybody had a hard year, everybody had a good time). Straight chills every time I hear it!