Haiti Brings Out The Worst In America's Worst

13»

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Upon seeing the title of this thread, 'Haiti Brings Out The Worst In America's Worst', I was expecting to see that Rush & Pat were called out, as they should be. However, I was sort of hoping to see some of the other Worst mentioned... ya' know, people like Danny Glover and Ted Rall. I"m just sayin'.
    yeah glover is reaching here, but if you think what danny glover said was anywhere near the same thing as what robertson said you are a moron. also rush is saying we should not help the haitians because we already give them our tax dollars. there is no way you can compare glover to these clowns..your argument is a STREEEEETTTTTCHH to say the least.

by the way, i saw what you were doing with glover so i did not even click your second link. you lost your credibility with me with that glover link.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited January 2010
    prfctlefts wrote:
    We are always the first on the scene...

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/china-fi ... -us-second

China first in Haiti: the US second

by peter.reardon | January 16, 2010

In a surprisingly deft political move the Chinese government outflanked the American government by providing the first foreign-aid to Haitian earthquake victims.

American armed forces quickly took control of the airport and its control tower and it might be seen to be somewhat churlish of the Americans if they attempted to restrict the Chinese ‘aid-volunteers’ from providing supplies in its continuing support with its humanitarian work to the earthquake devastated island nation: Co-operation must be seen to be taking place.

While the Chinese authorities are keeping modestly silent in their humanitarian work the American administration is loudly re-writing history, or attempting to do so. Disregarding past attempts by the US to keep the Haitian people in a permanent state of impoverishment.

“What You're Not Hearing about Haiti (But Should Be)” published in CommonDreams January 14, 2010; Carl Lindskoog wrote about the devastating social and humanitarian pain of earlier, less humanitarian interference in the tiny island country.

It may startle news-hungry Americans to learn that these conditions the American media correctly attributes to magnifying the impact of this tremendous disaster were largely the product of American policies and an American-led development model here
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
    prfctlefts wrote:
    You mean to tell me china can't do better than this ?
    http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/as ... 65187.html

$ 1 million from the red cross and 60 people. That's pretty sad.

It would be pretty sad if it didn't also happen to be a lie.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010 ... 332169.htm

Chinese rescuers rev up aid in Haiti
    (Xinhua)
    Updated: 2010-01-17

BEIJING: China has been engaged in a flurry of efforts to help Haitians and Chinese nationals after the Caribbean island country Haiti was battered by a devastating earthquake on Tuesday.

Immediately after the quake was reported, Chinese President Hu Jintao and Premier Wen Jiabao ordered related Chinese departments to be prepared for assistance.

On Wednesday, a Chinese emergency rescue team made up of 60 members was dispatched to Haiti, where they went all out to look for traces of lives as soon as they reached the debris of the UN headquarters.

The Chinese team set up on Friday a medical assistance station, the first one by a foreign rescue team. The station not only provided medical treatment to the injured, but also tried to improve the local people's awareness of and knowledge about epidemic prevention.

A team member told Xinhua that local people believe that the medical assistance the Chinese rescuers are giving is desperately needed.

On Saturday night, a Boeing-747 jumbo jet carrying 90 tonnes of emergency humanitarian aid provided by the Chinese government took off from Beijing Capital International Airport for Haiti.

The relief supplies, worth 13 million yuan (US$1.9 million), included tents, stretchers, food, medicines, clothing and water purification equipment.

The aid was the first batch of a 30-million-yuan (US$4.41-million) relief package announced by the Chinese government Friday. The supplies were prepared within 24 hours after the government decided to provide emergency aid for Haiti.

China's Red Cross Society has also pledged 1 million dollars in emergency aid.
  • Please Byrnzie :roll: that's a drop in the bucket compared what the great satan does. China may have been the first there,but Id be willing to bet that they were flying around in circles until we got the airport up and running.None the less its' better than nothing at all.
  • Upon seeing the title of this thread, 'Haiti Brings Out The Worst In America's Worst', I was expecting to see that Rush & Pat were called out, as they should be. However, I was sort of hoping to see some of the other Worst mentioned... ya' know, people like Danny Glover and Ted Rall. I"m just sayin'.
    yeah glover is reaching here, but if you think what danny glover said was anywhere near the same thing as what robertson said you are a moron.
    Why... thank you so much for enlightening me with your dispassionate objectivity :roll:
    also rush is saying we should not help the haitians because we already give them our tax dollars. there is no way you can compare glover to these clowns...
    Thanks for letting me know the rules. Where would I be without you?
    by the way, i saw what you were doing with glover...
    Evidently not.
    you lost your credibility with me with that glover link.
    I'm the one who lost credibility... not Glover? That's rich :lol::lol:
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    edited January 2010
    prfctlefts wrote:
    [ We are always the first on the scene and we are the ones who always give the most.

Not always it seems. Every little bit helps from EVERY country.

The Right Testicle of Hell: History of a Haitian Holocaust...Blackwater before drinking water...by Greg Palast
    Bless the President for having rescue teams in the air almost immediately. That was President Olafur Grimsson of Iceland. On Wednesday, the AP reported that the President of the United States promised, "The initial contingent of 2,000 Marines could be deployed to the quake-ravaged country within the next few days." "In a few days," Mr. Obama?

There's no such thing as a 'natural' disaster. 200,000 Haitians have been slaughtered by slum housing and IMF "austerity" plans.

A friend of mine called. Do I know a journalist who could get medicine to her father? And she added, trying to hold her voice together, "My sister, she's under the rubble. Is anyone going who can help, anyone?" Should I tell her, "Obama will have Marines there in 'a few days'"?

China deployed rescuers with sniffer dogs within 48 hours. China, Mr. President. China: 8,000 miles distant. Miami: 700 miles close. US bases in Puerto Rico: right there.

Obama's Defense Secretary Robert Gates said, "I don't know how this government could have responded faster or more comprehensively than it has." We know Gates doesn't know.

From my own work in the field, I know that FEMA has access to ready-to-go potable water, generators, mobile medical equipment and more for hurricane relief on the Gulf Coast. It's all still there. Army Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré, who served as the task force commander for emergency response after Hurricane Katrina, told the Christian Science Monitor, “I thought we had learned that from Katrina, take food and water and start evacuating people." Maybe we learned but, apparently, Gates and the Defense Department missed school that day....

Send in the Marines. That's America's response. That's what we're good at. The aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson finally showed up after three days. With what? It was dramatically deployed — without any emergency relief supplies. It has sidewinder missiles and 19 helicopters.

But don't worry, the International Search and Rescue Team, fully equipped and self-sufficient for up to seven days in the field, deployed immediately with ten metric tons of tools and equipment, three tons of water, tents, advanced communication equipment and water purifying capability. They're from Iceland.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    It is annoying hearing republicans tout all the "good" the US does while at the same time supporting bombing the shit out of people.

If Haiti supposedly had wmd's republicans would be cheering the carnage.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Smellyman wrote:
    It is annoying hearing republicans tout all the "good" the US does while at the same time supporting bombing the shit out of people.

Blah, blah, blah...hate, hate, hate...blah, blah blah
    hippiemom = goodness
    Smellyman wrote:

Thanks for that intelligent response. Perhaps one day you'll manage to actually say something constructive instead of chiming in half way through a thread with this type of crap.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

Thanks for that intelligent response. Perhaps one day you'll manage to actually say something constructive instead of chiming in half way through a thread with this type of crap.

You mean something worthwhile like a totally different topic?

Like WMD's in this thread?

Or GW's wire taping in a thread about a concert in China and the Chinese government's censorship of the internet?

Perhaps you can give me your email address so you can pre-approve any of my post, alrighty?
    hippiemom = goodness
    i wonder what mrs robertson and limbaugh are going to say about the big 6.1 aftershock in haiti this morning...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    Here's what people get for trying to help!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... &#35168524
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/32/323249_-os-haiti-us-legal-adviser-to-u-s-haiti-missionaries.html

[OS] HAITI/US - Legal adviser to U.S. Haiti missionaries arrested

Legal adviser to U.S. Haiti missionaries arrested
    19 Mar 2010 20:22:07 GMT
    Source: Reuters
    http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N19169586.htm
    By Manuel Jimenez

SANTO DOMINGO, March 19 (Reuters) - A Dominican Republic man who acted as
    legal adviser to a group of U.S. missionaries held for several weeks in
    Haiti on child kidnapping charges has been arrested in Santo Domingo,
    local police said on Friday.
    Jorge Puello Torres, wanted by El Salvador as a suspect in a human
    trafficking ring, was detained at a car wash in the city late on Thursday,
    a spokesman from the Dominican Republic's police anti-narcotics unit said.
    He was arrested in the Dominican Republic's capital on a warrant issued by
    Interpol, the international police organization.
    U.S. and Dominican Republic authorities had been looking for Puello after
    El Salvador officials said they suspected him of being involved in running
    a human trafficking ring that recruited Central American and Caribbean
    women and girls and forced them to work as prostitutes.
    The allegations emerged after Puello offered his services as a legal
    adviser to 10 U.S. Christian missionaries who were arrested by Haitian
    authorities late in January and accused of trying to take 33 children over
    the border into the Dominican Republic after the devastating Jan. 12
    earthquake in Haiti.
    Haiti and the Dominican Republic share the Caribbean island of Hispaniola.
    Eight of the Americans, most of whom were members of a Baptist church in
    Idaho, were freed by a Haitian judge in February. A ninth was released on
    March 8.
    Only the group's leader, Laura Silsby, remains detained and still under
    investigation in Haiti's capital Port-au-Prince.
    The Americans denied any wrongdoing and said they had been trying to help
    children left orphaned and destitute by the Haitian earthquake. They said
    Puello had approached their relatives and church, offering his help.
    It turned out that the children who were with the U.S. missionaries had
    living parents, many of whom testified they had voluntarily handed their
    offspring to the Americans in the hope they would be given an education
    and a better life.
    The case threw a spotlight on fears that child traffickers could prey on
    vulnerable Haitian children after the quake. But it also distracted
    attention from international relief efforts to help more than a million
    survivors left homeless or displaced by the disaster.
    Haiti's president has said the final death toll from the quake could reach
    (Reporting by Manuel Jimenez; Editing by Pascal Fletcher and Will Dunham)
    AlertNet news is provided by

--
    --
    Ryan Rutkowski
    Analyst Development Program
    Strategic Forecasting, Inc.
    www.stratfor.com
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    ^^^^Good I hope he gets put away.....Trying to see the movie LOST a story about a boy kidnapped in India. A crime that happens far too many times in that country to children.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

What a coincidence?? Actions and words

https://disobedientmedia.com/2017/01/the-clinton-silsby-trafficking-scandal-and-how-the-media-covered-it-up/
    Silsby was arrested at the Haitian border attempting to smuggle 33 children out of Haiti without documentation. Her sentence and charges were reduced after an intervention by Bill Clinton. In the aftermath of Silsby’s arrest, her originally retained lawyer Jorge Puello was arrested in connection with an international smuggling ring accused of trafficking women and minors from Central America and Haiti. The revelation of this news in November was either ignored by the Western media or attacked by Clinton controlled publications.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    JC29856 said:

https://disobedientmedia.com/2017/01/the-clinton-silsby-trafficking-scandal-and-how-the-media-covered-it-up/
    Silsby was arrested at the Haitian border attempting to smuggle 33 children out of Haiti without documentation. Her sentence and charges were reduced after an intervention by Bill Clinton. In the aftermath of Silsby’s arrest, her originally retained lawyer Jorge Puello was arrested in connection with an international smuggling ring accused of trafficking women and minors from Central America and Haiti. The revelation of this news in November was either ignored by the Western media or attacked by Clinton controlled publications.
    It’s ok man keep going with the whataboutisms I know it must be disappointing to realize the man your hanging your hat on is a down right bigoted racist fool , it’s the bafoon’s game to finish HRC was knocked out in the 1st inning ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited January 2018
    *Squawk* Hillary *Squawk*
    JC29856 said:

what about obama? what about bill and hillary? what about chewbacca?

see, we can do whataboutism too. 

• JC29856 said:

Woooooooooo-a-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, 3D is D'ing hard for the dolla today! The above paragraph is utter bullshit. Its along the lines of Comet Pizza. "Clinton controlled publications?" What might those be 3D? Care to expound upon your child sex ring on mars, Comet Pizza kids from Haiti pipeline conspiracy?

"Disobedientmedia?" back surfing the dregs of the dark interwebs again, 3D?

#morelrisoto

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    JC29856 said:

When a person acts without strong principles at a certain point in time, then acts with strong principles at a later point in time - you seem to wish to remember their indecent past at any and all opportunities. What outcome do you expect from widespread dissent when you feel all candidates exhibit the same behaviour?

Wouldn't you rather encourage principled words and actions and try to build a person up to that high standard for the future rather than showing them that it's futile because people can't move on? 

You are entirely engulfed by the past, where you have no control. You can only move forward through time, so your energies would be better served creating a new reality rather than moaning about the old ones.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Commy said:
    seems the idiots have taken over.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    JC29856 said:

It’s ok man keep going with the whataboutisms I know it must be disappointing to realize the man your hanging your hat on is a down right bigoted racist fool , it’s the bafoon’s game to finish HRC was knocked out in the 1st inning ...
    #nowayjose
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

#nowayjose
    lol you learned though to spell it correct felt bad you had to get your hand spanked by Kat , still searching for the evidence to put HRC away in an old thread lol you must be lonely keep searching...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    JC29856 said:
    Ottps://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/951895239140298752

Woooooooooo-a-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, 3D is D'ing hard for the dolla today! The above paragraph is utter bullshit. Its along the lines of Comet Pizza. "Clinton controlled publications?" What might those be 3D? Care to expound upon your child sex ring on mars, Comet Pizza kids from Haiti pipeline conspiracy?

"Disobedientmedia?" back surfing the dregs of the dark interwebs again, 3D?

#morelrisoto

#nowayjose
This discussion has been closed.