Western media lies about Syria exposed (Canadian journalist Eva Bartlett)

191011121315»

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Gas creeping up on $3 a gl here on Long Island..
    Same here in New Jersey.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    Western cover up continues....
    Assad and Putin are the new gandhi and mlk jr. 
    lol no doubt total humanitarians the both of’em  .
    So all those bombs that the west dropped in the Middle East were for humanitarian purposes?  Who knew.  Lets be clear The US led west invaders are not humanitarians ... far from it.  
    No one is disputing this ^^^ , are you saying Putin & Assad are humanitarians please tell us how ? 
    I'm not saying they are humanitarians either ... I just find it hilarious that people in the west somehow think the west is in the region for any other reason than oil, and to keep the US military weapons manufacturers happy...
    Which americans think we aren't there for oil?  I mean it makes sense we are there for oil.  Why else would we be there?  Would you rather bad guys take over the oil supplies and hold the entire world hostage?  Do you want to see $7 a gallon?
    I’m pretty sure North America can be self sufficient in oil.  I know Canada could, if we absolutely had to.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I guess I had it all wrong...the world owes the US a debt of gratitude for trying to keep oil prices lower for humanitarian reasons ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The US has 2000 troops in Syria... my high school had more students

Some of you guys are WAY over blowing American presence an involvement in Syria
    my2hands said:
    The US has 2000 troops in Syria... my high school had more students

Some of you guys are WAY over blowing American presence an involvement in Syria
    NO way bro. 2000 means 350,000. Eventually we are going to take over the whole area. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    mcgruff10 said:
    “Bad guys”? Seriously? American business interests will get the very highest price they can for their product.  They are never, ever, going to offer a lower price for humanitarian interests. 
    Yes bad guys.   There are good guys And bad guys in this world. And of course American businesses and the majority of every other business owner in the world. are going to get highest price. They are all in it to make a profit. 

Who writes your dialogue - Louis L'Amour? 

And in your opinion, are Americans, be definition, the "good guys"? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited May 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    “Bad guys”? Seriously? American business interests will get the very highest price they can for their product.  They are never, ever, going to offer a lower price for humanitarian interests. 
    Yes bad guys.   There are good guys And bad guys in this world. And of course American businesses and the majority of every other business owner in the world. are going to get highest price. They are all in it to make a profit. 

Yes we are definitely the good guys.  I read many Louis L'Amour books but he didn't write my dialogue lol.  Great author!
    by the way, if america isn't the good guys who is?  I mean everyone hates america on these forums so just wondering who people think the actually good people are.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes we are definitely the good guys.  I read many Louis L'Amour books but he didn't write my dialogue lol.  Great author!
    by the way, if america isn't the good guys who is?  I mean everyone hates america on these forums so just wondering who people think the actually good people are.  

"Definitely the good guys"? Always? Oh my.

I must admit, I thought that even you would qualify your answer a little. That's an awfully black and white view of the world, particularly if you believe that people who are critical of aspects of American foreign and domestic policy "hates America".  Have you spent much time out in the rest of the world, learning the view points of people in the countries that you seem to consider the "bad guys"?
    edited May 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I must admit, I thought that even you would qualify your answer a little. That's an awfully black and white view of the world, particularly if you believe that people who are critical of aspects of American foreign and domestic policy "hates America".  Have you spent much time out in the rest of the world, learning the view points of people in the countries that you seem to consider the "bad guys"?
    I ve visited around 40 countries and lived In Spain.  How about you?
    and I didn’t say “always” but I do think the majority of the time America is the good guys. So if we aren’t the good guys who is?
    And do you fully expect Americans to visit places that don’t like us?  Hey hon, pack your bags because we are taking the kids to Iran! Syria! North Korea! Afghanistan!! Oh yeah!!!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

and I didn’t say “always” but I do think the majority of the time America is the good guys. So if we aren’t the good guys who is?
    And do you fully expect Americans to visit places that don’t like us?  Hey hon, pack your bags because we are taking the kids to Iran! Syria! North Korea! Afghanistan!! Oh yeah!!!
    Who are the good guys? That depends very much on the circumstances, the issue being considered, and how it affects you. I don't think any country or group of people is consistently the good guys, just like I don't think any country or group of people is consistently the bad guys. 
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

By that logic, why do Americans visit South American countries? Cuba? Vietnam? Cambodia? Laos? You talk about “hatred for America” like it’s unfounded, when you could alternatively talk about the cost countries pay when America unilaterally decides its economic gain matters more than their civilians’ lives. It has always been American policy to favour its GDP over foreign spilled blood, and to sell it to their population under the guise of preventing humanitarian crises.

What you call hatred is a byproduct. And your comment about why go to a place that “hates” America? How about to learn from each other and create a foundation of interpersonal trust, since the governments haven’t earned that right?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

By that logic, why do Americans visit South American countries? Cuba? Vietnam? Cambodia? Laos? You talk about “hatred for America” like it’s unfounded, when you could alternatively talk about the cost countries pay when America unilaterally decides its economic gain matters more than their civilians’ lives. It has always been American policy to favour its GDP over foreign spilled blood, and to sell it to their population under the guise of preventing humanitarian crises.

What you call hatred is a byproduct. And your comment about why go to a place that “hates” America? How about to learn from each other and create a foundation of interpersonal trust, since the governments haven’t earned that right?
    I wouldn't equate South America, Cuba and southeast asia to Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria but hey if you want to visit there go for it!  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2018
    Wow, that's cheap! It's well over $6 CAD/gallon in Metro Vancouver right now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I don't know that there are truly many good or bad people in this world. I think most of the world falls in the middle, but believes they are the "good" based on their beliefs. Some want to use geography or religion to determine good and evil, but having different view points and beliefs is heavily influenced by those 2 aforementioned factors. I believe that my intentions and beliefs are a positive influence and impact in this world, but I'm sure I could find as many people who would disagree with me as who would agree. There are very few bad guys in this world. Life would be much simpler if good and evil wasn't mostly a gray area. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
    PJ_Soul said:
    Is that where the money for your free health care comes from?
    edited May 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Not for the most part. It is where the money for road infrastructure, public transportation, and carbon mitigation and clean initiatives comes from. About $1.40 (depending on the region) of that $6.00 is gas-specific provincial tax. But you can add to that sales tax and the federal levy. Some of that might end up going towards our health care system, which is fine.
    I'm personally not paying it though. I enjoy a car-free life. And STILL don't have to pay insane health insurance fees or worry about getting sick and not being able to afford it. Which is sweet.
    Now, even after taxes, why is gas in Canada, and especialy metro Vancouver (most expensive in the country) so high? It's a supply issue. Some think that the solution to that is more oil/gas. Other, more forward thinking folks think the solution to that is to shrink demand via alternative energy innovations. Guess which side of that fence I'm on. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Not for the most part. It's is where the money for road infrastructure, public transportation, and carbon mitigation and clean initiatives comes from. About $1.40 (depending on the region) of that $6.00 is gas-specific provincial tax. But you can add to that sales tax and the federal levy. Some of that might end up going towards our health care system, which is fine.
    I'm personally not paying it though. I enjoy a car-free life. And STILL don't have to pay insane health insurance fees or worry about getting sick and not being able to afford it. Which is sweet.
    Now, even after taxes, why is gas in Canada, and especialy metro Vancouver (most expensive in the country) so high? It's a supply issue. Something that the solution to that is more oil/gas. Other, more forward thinking folks think the solution to that is to shrink demand via alternative energy innovations. Guess when side of that fence I'm on. ;)
    lol.  Good to know. Thank you.  I know I could look this stuff on google but I like to hear answers from people who are there.  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If $6 gas paid for universal healthcare I would love it and would gladly pay it in a heartbeat... and my employer could then shift the money they contribute to my health insurance into my paycheck... 
    my2hands said:
    If $6 gas paid for universal healthcare I would love it and would gladly pay it in a heartbeat... and my employer could then shift the money they contribute to my health insurance into my paycheck... 
    I think we pay $6k for our family coverage a year so another $3 a gallon would probably be a wash.  Not a terrible idea.
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    We do not have free health care.  It's paid from taxes and some provinces have a special health tax...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    Because that’s what the US does to make Assad and Putin look bad because they’re not capable of making themselves look bad.

Chemical Weapons Likely Used In Syria, Watchdog Finds - HuffPost https://apple.news/A4QiehAlsSUaS4GZJoQ1Odw
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Because that’s what the US does to make Assad and Putin look bad because they’re not capable of making themselves look bad.

Chemical Weapons Likely Used In Syria, Watchdog Finds - HuffPost https://apple.news/A4QiehAlsSUaS4GZJoQ1Odw
    Unfortunately, you won't change any minds here with this piece because they are directly sourcing a witness account from the white helmets. 
    It's a hopeless situation...

Garbage. Putin and Assad are the new Mandela and Lennon. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    tbergs said:

Unfortunately, you won't change any minds here with this piece because they are directly sourcing a witness account from the white helmets. 
    That may be true but the OPCW also cites “environmental samples.” Some people claim that if you weren’t physically present to witness, you can’t know anything about what happened.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited May 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    We do not have free health care.  It's paid from taxes and some provinces have a special health tax...
    I think the "free" part was facetious or figurative. Contrary to what some like to spew because I guess they assume others have IQs of about 60, nobody is so stupid they think healthcare is literally free. People know what is meant when anyone calls it "free". It refers to the fact that we don't pay out of pocket when we get medical care (unless we choose to at private clinics), and that we don't pay outrageous amounts of money for insurance. I never understood why some like to point out the obvious when it comes to that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think the "free" part was facetious or figurative. Contrary to what some like to spew because I guess they assume others have IQs of about 60, nobody is so stupid they think healthcare is literally free. People know what is meant when anyone calls it "free". I never understood why some like to point out the obvious when it comes to that.
    I should have put free in quotes....i feel ashamed.  However you know what I was talking about correct?  I was wondering where the funding came from.  I figured some of it came from the tax at the pump.
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think the "free" part was facetious or figurative. Contrary to what some like to spew because I guess they assume others have IQs of about 60, nobody is so stupid they think healthcare is literally free. People know what is meant when anyone calls it "free". I never understood why some like to point out the obvious when it comes to that.
    I should have put free in quotes....i feel ashamed.  However you know what I was talking about correct?  I was wondering where the funding came from.  I figured some of it came from the tax at the pump.
    Oh yes, I meant that you personally meant "free" figuratively or whatever. Of you know that it's paid for with taxes, because you're not an idiot, lol. 
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Polaris works for 3D. They got bored with connecting dots. Maybe a gofund me page for a one way ticket to Moscow is in order? You know, where Putin is a swell guy and the truth rushes forth.
    #nowayjose