8:46 am on a tuesday

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Comments

• A total clear sunny day that day .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I’ll never forget that morning. Where I was, what I was doing, the color blue of the sky. The shrieks of colleagues when word spread that a woman colleague’s husband was on one of the flights out of Logan. The quiet in the evening after work, no planes overhead, almost no cars on the street. Eerie sense that the world had forever changed. I’ll never forget that morning.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    17 years later and I still don't think it was what "they" told us.

https://youtu.be/yuC_4mGTs98
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I don't tend to respond to trolls but here goes.....

As someone who personally experienced 9/11 first hand, who felt, saw it, heard it, this is not the day, time, or place for your fear, hate, and ignorance based conspiracy theory bullshit.

Take it somewhere else

Namaste'

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    102 minutes.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    343 FDNY

72 NYPD

2606 people starting their work day.....

87 passengers and crew American Airlines Flight 11

60 passengers and crew United Airlines Flight 175

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    One of the prettiest mornings ever: A perfect day.  It was one of my first days teaching. Announcing the attack to my classes, some of their parents worked in the twin towers, many commuted to nyc. Watching the live footage in the teachers lounge.  I Can’t believe it was 17 years ago. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    125 people beginning their dayThe Pentagon Washington DC

59 passengers and crew American Airlines Flight 77

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I live in Winnipeg. nowhere near NY. But holy shit, as I slaved over the grill at the truck stop I worked at and heard the first reports on the local rock radio station, I booked it to the lounge to turn on the tv and I couldn't believe what i was watching. I was glued to CNN for weeks after that. a station I had never previously watched. 

none of us will ever forget that day. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

40 passengers and crew United Airlines Flight 93 a field near Shanksville Pa

First responders still dying from job caused illness with little support from their government

• "It's early fall, there's a cloud on the New York skyline
    Innocence dragged across a yellow line"

- U2 "The Hands that Built America"

• "It's early fall, there's a cloud on the New York skyline
    Innocence dragged across a yellow line"

- U2 "The Hands that Built America"

The U2 show at MSG that november is still one of if not thee most emotional shows i been privlidged to have attended at the end they had Firemen & policeman come on to the stage for final songs unreal ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I got up and stopped at the campus security department I worked at before heading to my first day as an intern and was just in time to see the first attack being shown in the conference room on NBC. I remember then heading to my internship at a state agency building we shared with FBI, DEA and local police. We all were locked inside for the day and by the time I left, the sky was bright blue and eerily devoid of all aircraft and noise besides an occasional military jet. It was such a profound time.

I have always loved Eddie, Mike and Neil's tribute. Haunting version.
    https://youtu.be/sAlS378dxHM
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    A terrible day with awful consequences- ranging from bloody wars to racial profiling- that will continue for year to come. 

Good thoughts go out for the thousands who today are dealing with cancer as a result of the toxins released near ground zero.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited September 2018
    Here's one for my fellow capts

https://youtu.be/18lsxFcDrjo
    brianlux said:
    A terrible day with awful consequences- ranging from bloody wars to racial profiling- that will continue for year to come. 

Good thoughts go out for the thousands who today are dealing with cancer as a result of the toxins released near ground zero.
    But W, Pataki, Giuliani and Whitman assured them ground zero was safe!
  • Will never forget when I heard it. Friend knocking on the door to tell me the news while I was resting after school with my then girlfriend. Glued to the television the rest of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A6dYR7q0Uw

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    JC29856 said:

Great story, thank you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    JC29856 said:

Great story, thank you!
    500k in 9 hours...amazing!
    JC29856 said:
    brianlux said:
    JC29856 said:

Great story, thank you!
    500k in 9 hours...amazing!
    Truly!  Well done, Captains!

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    great video showing that alot of good can happen when people working together

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    I recall walking up 5th Avenue a few hours after the attack (normally packed with cars and commercial traffic) and it was so empty, could have played street hockey.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I was living in Ottawa at the time and working at a hospital that had an auditorium  for presentations with a big, movie style screen. That day they put on the news coverage in the theatre and people came in and out as their jobs permitted, catching up on what was happening and huddling together to talk. It was surreal, watching the devastation over and over on the massive screen that usually only projected mundane PowerPoints. I remember one woman panicking, worried that Canada was going to be drawn into the conflict and sobbing to me “I don’t want my husband to have to go to war!” 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    I know this will make many on here feel good given their newfound affection for Dubs
    "My pet baseball"
    Yankees go on to lose the World Series only winning one since.