PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,706
    Ok time we got rid of kapler!  Does not know how to manage.  If we had someone that could manage this team properly we’d be at least 10 over where we are now.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    one run! Heard they lead the majors with 61 games scoring 3 or less.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    JK_Livin said:
    but they walk and see a lot of pitches. :confused:  so much for a walk is good as a hit theory that some still hold to.

and how did so many teams pass on waivers on Daniel Murphy and let the Cubs get him? guy seems like a dick but he can hit.

what are peoples feelings on letting fielders and even pitchers have scouting cards on their person in the field?  the purist in me doesn't think it's right.  I really don't like pitchers having them.  Joe West was probably correct on that one even if the rules allow it.
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    but they walk and see a lot of pitches. :confused:  so much for a walk is good as a hit theory that some still hold to.

and how did so many teams pass on waivers on Daniel Murphy and let the Cubs get him? guy seems like a dick but he can hit.

what are peoples feelings on letting fielders and even pitchers have scouting cards on their person in the field?  the purist in me doesn't think it's right.  I really don't like pitchers having them.  Joe West was probably correct on that one even if the rules allow it.
    Walks are good if you have players that can make good contact after them.

Shouldn't be able to have anything but your uniform on in the field. Any kind of substance could be on those cards.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    JK_Livin said:
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:

Walks are good if you have players that can make good contact after them.

Shouldn't be able to have anything but your uniform on in the field. Any kind of substance could be on those cards.
    Yeah. Think about how good all these walks will be if they have Machado or Harper in the middle of the order to knock them in.

This team's not complete yet, fellas. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited September 2018
    Why was Carlos Santana batting leadoff?  :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Nola pitching against the Mets should be a win if the offense can do something.  Need to win this series.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    2.5 back. Crazy
    chinese-happy.jpg
    2.5 back. Crazy
    i'm not sure there has been a worst combined offensive  and defensive team only 2.5 games back this late in the season.

and this team was better when they played more of the home grown players. why the hell is Bautista playing as much as he does?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Bueller...bueller.

Juggler...juggler

This team blows, no?
    Bueller...bueller.

Juggler...juggler

This team blows, no?
    Someone’s a little salty over some more shit talk. Tough loss for the g men today. 

By definition, no. They’re gonna finish right around where I told you they would back in March....80+ wins. That’s about average and a nice jump from last year. Excuse me for enjoying four months plus of baseball for the first time in a while.

Big offseason lies ahead!

chinese-happy.jpg
    Bueller...bueller.

Juggler...juggler

This team blows, no?
    Someone’s a little salty over some more shit talk. Tough loss for the g men today. 

By definition, no. They’re gonna finish right around where I told you they would back in March....80+ wins. That’s about average and a nice jump from last year. Excuse me for enjoying four months plus of baseball for the first time in a while.

Eh, just as you pointed out the Giants stink, I though't I'd point out that the Phillies do too, especially since we at least haven't been pounding our chests about how great the Giants are.
    Bueller...bueller.

Juggler...juggler

This team blows, no?

Eh, just as you pointed out the Giants stink, I though't I'd point out that the Phillies do too, especially since we at least haven't been pounding our chests about how great the Giants are.
    So you respond to some shit talking between division rivals in a football thread... by doing some of your own in a baseball thread to a team that's in a different league than the one you root for.

Heckuva job, Brownie. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Bueller...bueller.

Juggler...juggler

This team blows, no?

So you respond to some shit talking between division rivals in a football thread... by doing some of your own in a baseball thread to a team that's in a different league than the one you root for.

Heckuva job, Brownie. 

It's been an ongoing thing for like 6 months...not necessarily shit talking baseball but just pointing out who was right.

Onward
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Bueller...bueller.

Juggler...juggler

This team blows, no?

Heckuva job, Brownie. 

It's been an ongoing thing for like 6 months...not necessarily shit talking baseball but just pointing out who was right.

Onward
    I looked at both threads....expecting (and finding) smack talk about the Giants/Phils.
    Too funny.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited September 2018
    Bueller...bueller.

Juggler...juggler

This team blows, no?

Heckuva job, Brownie. 

Onward
    Ongoing for 6 months? What has? Sorry man, I don't know what you're talking about....unless you're talking about the couple Red Sox jokes I made? You still salty about them? haha

I expected around 80 wins and said so here in March. Hey, guess where they're gonna end up...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    We've been arguing for 6 months on whether the Phillies would be or are any good.
    edited September 2018
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Didn’t realize this was coming that quickly and that’s some pretty solid stuff they have coming 
    We've been arguing for 6 months on whether the Phillies would be or are any good.
    I think you've confused rooting for and enjoying competitive baseball for the first time in a long time with arguing... but, yeah, sure.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Kind of embarrassing they had to cancel last nights game.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    JK_Livin said:
    Kind of embarrassing they had to cancel last nights game.
    Really limping to the finish line on this one - in all aspects.
    If you watch closely, you can see Tom McCarthy get fatter by the minute.
    Why was Carlos Santana batting leadoff?  :lol:
    and apparently our hottest hitter now?  :confused:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Matt Patricia?
    Matt Patricia?
    He's a slob too
    Matt Patricia?
    He's a slob too

My post on our Fantasy Football board this morning....we have a league that has had the same 10 people in it for 22 years...we have anywhere from 16-26 teams (Salary Cap) and the shit talking is horrid.  Obviously since the core 10 are all college buddies for 22+ years it can be pretty rough.

Multiple Lions fans on here, yes?

edited September 2018

chinese-happy.jpg
    RIP 2018 Phillies
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

that Tweet is a fucking disgrace.

and Kapler blows. funny how they have won about 20% of their games since the crowd here was giving Kapler so much credit.