Options

I got id, Inside Job, Present Tense, All or none

Is it just me, or do these songs really need to be added to the setlist.  I can't think of 4 better songs that aren't played that
often that would be great to hear live.  I know they have so much to choose from, but man these are 4 killer songs and
sound great live

Comments

• Options
    YES!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Present Tense gets its fair share of plays the last few tours.  I Got Id for sure needs more play. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    IJ and PT are great live, heard them both a few times over the years. Could always use more of those. 
    But I Got Id was a big disappointment to me live. It was okay. The studio version is one of my favorite PJ songs (top 5 at least) so the fact it wasnt as good live was a huge let down to me.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    They soundchecked I got Id at Fenway but didn't play it....might be my top PJ tune
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    #merkinball
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,492
    Pretty sure Faithfull got the shaft all year. WTF
  • Options
    gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 379
    Yes it sure did now that you mention it. One of my favorites but I’m probably in the minority there. 
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 531
    Faithful needs to be on that list.  Can’t remember last time I heard all or none.  I got id is great live.  And what about the hidden gem off he goes???
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,837
    Yes it sure did now that you mention it. One of my favorites but I’m probably in the minority there. 
    Faithful definitely needs to be played more as well as i got id and present tense.  All fantastic songs live.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    Am I the only one that didn't care for I Got Id as much live?
    I agree on the others.
  • Options
    All or None is incredible live - Mike's solo is haunting (Check out the Philly bootleg). Have been lucky to hear it in Philly (16) and Krakow (18). Hard to believe it's only been played 10 times since 2004....
  • Options
    i mean lets get rid of lighnting bolt, sirens, unknown thought, and put these songs in the setlist and you
    have an amazing show. 

Also, am i the only one who is sick of hearing just breathe ?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    mace1229 said:
    I agree on the others.
    When I heard I Got ID in '14 it was awesome! I have loved that song forever and it didn't disappoint live. I do still prefer some of those scorching '96 and '00 versions, but it hasn't lost anything over the years. I also like how they end that one live.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    mcgruff10 said:
    Faithful definitely needs to be played more as well as i got id and present tense.  All fantastic songs live.
    Yes, more Faithful. My favorite track off Yield. I love the middle jam in that song. I've cranked that so loud in my car so many times with the sun roof open and my hand flowing in the wind to the sound of Ed's little non-word vocals while the guitars wail away.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Faithful is killer.

no love for off he goes?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,837
    unknown said:
    Faithful is killer.

no love for off he goes?
    Any song off of no code gets my love. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    I was so excited to catch All or None this year in Seattle. I’ve been wising to hear it live since the day it came out. Just awesome.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,738
    edited September 2018
    unknown said:
    i mean lets get rid of lighnting bolt, sirens, unknown thought, and put these songs in the setlist and you
    have an amazing show. 

I get why they play it (Just Breathe). The people that love that song really love it. Saying that the people that dislike it dislike it very strongly. They should still play it just cut it way back with playtimes and make it a special moment for those that want to hear it. Every second or third show is way too much for this one imo. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    And why don’t they bring back “save you”

that song has always been awesome live 
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    edited September 2018
    Just Breathe....should have been a solo EV song
    Post edited by Milestone on
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,738

Milestone said:
    I was so excited to catch All or None this year in Seattle. I’ve been wishing to hear it live since the day it came out. Just awesome.
    What an awesome song. Heard it twice this year and honestly never thought I would ever get the chance to hear it once. After the tease in Prague I really thought they were just messing around about learning to play it but sure enough next show they came out with it. Now they need to bust out Parting Ways more often!
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    mace1229 said:
    I agree on the others.
    no
    danny d
  • Options
    I got shit should be played 80% of the time
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,044
    edited September 2018
    Agreed. I Got Shit is awesome live and should be played way more. (I wanna hear it every show but it’s one of my all time favorites)

Present Tense could be a jam out set closer mixed in with RVM & Porch. 

All Or None would be nice to mix in first encore instead of Just Breathe or the other slower encore starts. 

Inside Job along with many other great PJ album songs (LBC, WWS, Faithful, Grievance, ah fuck the list goes on and on) could be mixed in waaaaaaay more than they are now. 
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • Options
    B-GirlB-Girl Posts: 105
    unknown said:
    have an amazing show. 

I hate that song.  So, yeah I was sick of it the first time they played it.  I agree, any of the songs listed would be waaaaay better.