The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Forget Tiger. Now what hole is that? Because it is glorious. Short'ish par 4 (?), elevated and protected green with a lot of risk reward up there.  Looks like he was hitting driver.
    Yeah man. That was 11. He birdied this one
    http://www.aronimink.org/About-Us/Scorecard/Hole_11.aspx  

Sounds about right.

Nice.  Good time out there today?  Looking forward to tomorrow
    What did you end up doing transportation wise?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited September 2018
    What did you end up doing transportation wise?
    Because of the late Eagles game and earlier tee times, my father and brother in law’s did the Oaks/bus thing. I went later and parked near my parents old place in Wayne and then just ubered it in from there. Only about 8 minutes away. It was super easy and really easy getting out too. 

Hope you have good weather tomorrow. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I treated my dad today as a gift for father’s day.  It was my first ever golf event and it was the coolest thing ever.  I had been following the event info all week but did not know of the change in tee time until I got up at 6 this morning.  We were coming from South Jersey, planned on getting some breakfast and heading over around 10.  We scrambled and managed to get to Oaks for the shuttle by 9:45. 

We had tickets for the Trophy Club at the 14th hole.  My dad is 84, a healthy 84 but that walk and the heat were a bit much.  But we managed to cool off and have a bite to eat and then sat in the grandstand and saw some of the biggest names in golf.  It was friggin’ awesome.

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    The rain has kept me inside the last two days and I'll be inside again for tomorrow at least. Really want to get to the range. I easily spend 3+ hours there per practice session. I have my tour finals next weekend and I'm itching to get to the range/course. 
    Good start for Tiger today

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

I went Friday and was super impressed how organized they were with transportation. Uber'd in and out and had zero issues. that being said finding out Thursday night tee times were change from 11:00 to 7:00 am left us scrambling to make plans Friday which sucked a bit but they ended up being on the money with the weather. biggest complaint Friday was the Trophy club and concessions in general were a clusterfuck. We bought Trophy club tickets and was a waste of money as they will ill prepared for the crowd. and had to drink Buweiser shit products. Even with that was pretty fucking cool seeing the best in the world up close.  Being about 50 feet from the likes of Tiger, Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson etc was pretty damn cool.  I also got to witness Jordan Spieth chunk a chip on 14 like i tend to do. made feel good about myself. all in all fun time Friday though. group of 6 of us and really enjoyed ourselves
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

I see a belly poking out there Cliffy. Need to get on top of that as a dad. Your online friends are concerned about you :lol:

I see a belly poking out there Cliffy. Need to get on top of that as a dad. Your online friends are concerned about you :lol:
    Lol mine actually doesn't look that bad in this, between the red and blue but I could definitely stand to lose 20
    pjhawks said:

I went Friday and was super impressed how organized they were with transportation. Uber'd in and out and had zero issues. that being said finding out Thursday night tee times were change from 11:00 to 7:00 am left us scrambling to make plans Friday which sucked a bit but they ended up being on the money with the weather. biggest complaint Friday was the Trophy club and concessions in general were a clusterfuck. We bought Trophy club tickets and was a waste of money as they will ill prepared for the crowd. and had to drink Buweiser shit products. Even with that was pretty fucking cool seeing the best in the world up close.  Being about 50 feet from the likes of Tiger, Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson etc was pretty damn cool.  I also got to witness Jordan Spieth chunk a chip on 14 like i tend to do. made feel good about myself. all in all fun time Friday though. group of 6 of us and really enjoyed ourselves
    Upgraded tickets are often a waste. Concession lines are always long too. Just part of the thing with golf tournaments. Definitely awesome seeing these guys up close. Tyrell hatton hit one at our feet and we asked him if he wanted a beer and he said he'd love on and that he just wants to go home lol.
    Heard some really cool stuff about Justin rose too. Apparently he became a full dues paying member of merion after winning there. He could have easily shown up once a year to play the course but he decided to go through the process and pay full dues annually. He shows up with his buddies usually in October for a few days and has obviously spent time there this week. 

Stacked leaderboard and cool with a bunch of guys winning but kinda hoping he pulls it off. Would be pretty wild
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Lol mine actually doesn't look that bad in this, between the red and blue but I could definitely stand to lose 20
    Just breaking balls. Looks like a blast. I love going to the Phoenix open, but it's a whole other level of people fucking everywhere. 
  • Doesn't look good for Jordan Spieth to make the Tour Championship.  I would have not thought that coming into the season.  
    Well this is getting good
    Yeah buddy!
    #anyonebutkeegan
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    #anyonebutkeegan

What's wrong with Bradley??  Seems like a good dude.  

Glad it looks like they'll be able to get this in....would have sucked if it had to be 54 holes.
    out in 31
    #anyonebutkeegan

Glad it looks like they'll be able to get this in....would have sucked if it had to be 54 holes.
    I don't like his face, his hats, his putter and he's from boston.
    Let's go Big Cat!
    #anyonebutkeegan

LOL.  Fair points all around.  Nice to have some golf going on the ipad on Monday morning...not a bad start to the week.
    #anyonebutkeegan

LOL.  Fair points all around.  Nice to have some golf going on the ipad on Monday morning...not a bad start to the week.
    Yeah, man.  I have my 2nd screen with the golf trying my  hardest to work on this dreary monday and it's not going well...
    #anyonebutkeegan

Yeah, man.  I have my 2nd screen with the golf trying my  hardest to work on this dreary monday and it's not going well...
    Yep.  This is temporarily taking my mind off that horrific Bears loss last night...fuck.
    #anyonebutkeegan

Yep.  This is temporarily taking my mind off that horrific Bears loss last night...fuck.
    Yeeeeeeeah.  Yikes.
    Ugh...keegan.
    Oh man...wild finish here.  Can't believe that Rose putt didn't drop
    This is nuts. Crap golf down the stretch here haha
    Was rooting against him, but good for him.
  • Tiger was right there a few shots off the lead against the best players in the world.  He'll be at the tour championship and Jordan Spieth will be watching at home.