Pre-Order Live At The Orpheum Theatre

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
Pre-Order Live At The Orpheum Theatre
News August 7 2018

In celebration of Pearl Jam’s upcoming return to Fenway Park, Boston’s Newbury Comics is selling a limited run of Live At The Orpheum Theatre - April 12, 1994 on 180 gram black vinyl. One hundred random customers will receive the Red/Blue Split “Boston Red Sox” vinyl.

Live At The Orpheum Theatre - April 12, 1994 is available exclusively through Newbury Comics (online and in stores) on August 31st and is available for pre-order now!

Comments

• PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited August 2018
    SO COOL!

I guess I'll partially consider this to be Vault #8 until it actually happens....
    Post edited by PJWGIII on
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Totally cool! :) 
  • KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Nice
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    So weird that I was just spinning this one this morning.  Any difference between this one and the one that was released a few years ago?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    mcgruff10 said:
    So weird that I was just spinning this one this morning.  Any difference between this one and the one that was released a few years ago?
    Doesn't look like it - apart from the chance of getting a coloured variant. The track listing is the same as the version in the Vs/Vitalogy box
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Thanks for the info goldrush!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 427
    Thanks for the heads up, though I will be skipping since appears to be the same as the box set. Would love to get a pressing of the whole show.
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Very cool
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    I ordered one.  Because...it's Pearl Jam    :dizzy:
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Ordered
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    Ordered!  I didn't get the Vs./Vitology box, so this works just fine.  I'm guessing it's a good live album, picked by the crew?
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    HTF did I completely miss this.  Luckily got an order in, but no email went out about this.  Dang.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I didn't buy the box set either but I have this on CD. Excellent recording of a great performance.

Ordered a copy and I don't care what color the records are. I'm just looking forward to the vinyl experience with this show.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I wonder why this is stickied and the Vault 8 preorder isn't. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    PSUS2H said:
    Simple--because this is better than Vault 8.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    PJWGIII said:
    PSUS2H said:
    That's subjective.  This has been out for years....
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    PJWGIII said:
    PSUS2H said:
    I'm not thrilled about Vault 8 either, but at least it's a complete show. I am still amazed at how poorly this legendary show was treated.
  • PJWGIII said:
    PSUS2H said:
    I'm not thrilled about Vault 8 either, but at least it's a complete show. I am still amazed at how poorly this legendary show was treated.
    Agreed.  All of the best parts of this show are missing.  Would gladly fork over the cash if it was a complete show, but the jammed out I've Got a Feeling is fire and listening to this show without it included is weaksauce.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
    PJWGIII said:
    PSUS2H said:
    Agreed.  All of the best parts of this show are missing.  Would gladly fork over the cash if it was a complete show, but the jammed out I've Got a Feeling is fire and listening to this show without it included is weaksauce.
    it doesn't exist the master tapes of the show do not have the complete or as I understand even a worthwhile portion of the IGAF performance.

• toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    I was there.
    Ordered two copies personally.
    As an aside, one of the audience sources from this show was recorded by a guy that sadly passed away in the Station Nightclub Fire.
    Sold out!
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    Went to the one on Saturday enroute to a mini vacation in NH (not by where I live) on the Bellingham/Medway/Franklin line and they have 3 left at that Newbury Comics as of Saturday.  With tax came to $29 and change.  If you have today off between shows, give em a call.
  • My friend ordered two copies and both were red and blue. What are the chances??? Something like 4/10000th of a percent, I think?

He traded me his second copy for a black and black version (very generous), and I threw in an extra copy of the Mt Baker theater vault release I had as a thank you. Seemed fair to me as recognition of his thoughtfulness... does that sound about right?
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    My friend ordered two copies and both were red and blue. What are the chances??? Something like 4/10000th of a percent, I think?

He traded me his second copy for a black and black version (very generous), and I threw in an extra copy of the Mt Baker theater vault release I had as a thank you. Seemed fair to me as recognition of his thoughtfulness... does that sound about right?
    Monetarily, I believe you came out ahead.

In regard to vinyl, your friend came out ahead.

Friends helping out friends, you both win.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    My friend ordered two copies and both were red and blue. What are the chances??? Something like 4/10000th of a percent, I think?

Thats insane.  Only 2% were colored vinyl right?

Thats insane.  Only 2% were colored vinyl right?
    Depends, if there was a lazy shipping method for these, like here is the black stack, here is the colored stack, and the packers just were not motivated to do anything, it seems possible that a handful of people could end up with most of the colored copies.

Wow!!!  :o
  • Was there any external notation that the copy was colored vinyl?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    schmately said:
    Was there any external notation that the copy was colored vinyl?
    No