*** BOSTON 2 SETLIST THREAD ***

15678911»

Comments

• JosephKJosephK Posts: 217
    What does "w D.C" "w/ M" and " w/B' mean on the setlist tonight? 
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    I wouldn’t even consider dirty frank a song on the setlist—should just be a tag on the beginning of dirty water—same with wasted reprise—it’s shorter than Lukin!

If that’s the case, they played blackbird in Missoula 
  • Brannigans lawBrannigans law Posts: 121
    edited September 2018
    soumakc said:
    So this was my 27th show. First at springfield civic center and multiple MSG shows, the full spectrum close set and many boston/Hartford shows and this was easily the loudest crowd singalongs of all time. Blows away the last 10 years of MSG and o my Hartford comes close. Anyone who was not thete has no idea.  Eddie was letting the crowd take the loud songs not just better man. It was absolute fire. The set list has some nice ones like U and life wasted but the energy was what counted. I loved night one, was closer and had a great time but this was better. 
    Glad to here it, Setlist's do not maketh the show. I was at St. Paul 2014 pretty substandard set list, but damn the band was on fire that night. Favorite concert I've seen from them.
  • renelesurrenelesur Dallas, TX Posts: 83
    JosephK said:
    W/ D.C. means Danny Clinch on the harmonica.  W/M is the guy who played cowbell.  Already forgot his name.  

11/15/2013 - Dallas, TX; 11/16/2013 - Oklahoma City, OK;

8/10/2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle, WA; 8/18 & 20/2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL; 9/2 & 4/2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

7/8 & 9/2022 - Hyde Park, London, EN,   UPCOMING: Nashville, St. Louis, OKC

• What a show. Thought it was far and away better than Sunday
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • JosephK said:
    Danny Clinch
    Bill Janovitz
    M was on cow bell, but didn’t catch his name.
  • ^ Mark Giuliana. Unbelievable drummer of David Bowie Blackstar fame. Also on Matt's solo record (and a billion other things)
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • I was at Night 1 and loved it, but tonight was even better! Was it the best setlist? No, but it was a damn good one and I agree with above, the energy in the park was insane! I had turf B5 and the crowd was singing into nearly every song! So much fun! Red Mosquito, 3 Riot Act tracks, and 2 Avocado? I'm a happy man! Now, I fly back South for work and reality, but Boston has been a blast!
  • HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 498
    15th show spanning 2000-2018. Always a pleasure to see these dudes live. Got to meet and hang with a great fellow 10C member onight. Thanks SL! With 2018 in the books I would rank the shows I saw:
    1. Seattle 2
    2. Seattle 1
    3. Boston 2
    Great night and grateful for the shows I got catch with old, old friends and new ones this tour. Until the next one (hopefully from an 18,000 seat arena somewhere)!!  
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mdgsolo said:
    Unbelievable.  Maybe in the Top 10 for me out of 70 some.  Set list.  Energy.  Setting.  Just beautiful
    Thank you. I don’t have 70 shows under my belt, but this is up there. Maybe not the best setlist on paper, but the crowd energy was off the charts. Such a great time! 
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Looks like it was a fucking rock concert. Wish I was there. 
  • mcdonamsmcdonams Boston Posts: 86
    Closing in on 100 shows and felt these were middle of the road.  Great energy N2, but I liked the 2016 shows better.  Seattle 2018 setlists smoked the Boston setlists too.  I think I’m becoming a setlist whore :)
    8/8/92, 4/10/94, 4/11/94, 10/2/96, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    2000 - 8/23, 8/24, 8/25, 8/29, 8/30
    2003 - 4/29, 6/18, 6/21, 7/2, 7/3, 7/11
    2004 - 9/28, 9/29
    2006 - 5/12, 5/13, 5/24, 5/25
    2008 - 6/27, 6/28, 6/30
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/21
    2013 - 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2016 - 4/29, 5/1, 8/5, 8/7
  • Peacefrog1975Peacefrog1975 Posts: 715
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Dimi!
    Post edited by Peacefrog1975 on
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I never liked imagine as a cover.  So many better songs to play. 
    agreed, play gone or something mellow like that instead of imagine
    Off he goes, around the bend, can’t keep, footsteps,  speed of sound.....
    gone would be a  great one. 
    While I agree those are all great songs and would love to hear them, I think you may have missed how emotional Ed was during Imagine, and everyone around me (by then I was 4th row) was ALL emotional.  It was truly "a moment".  But even if that didn't come across musically or on the big screens, you/we all still benefit from it if the band is FEELING the show.  If they're INTO it, and Imagine made a lot of people weepy it seemed.

I always understand, especially if you only get to see 1 show a tour or you haven't seen them in ages, or if you go ALL THE TIME, I understand you get tired of covers and you want to hear the best/less commonly played PJ songs.  Totally understand that.  But the band's energy and the audience's energy have to be primed to be amazing, and that combo of songs that will drive the audience wild (casual fans and obsessives) PLUS the songs that keep the band engaged, on their toes, and having fun and raising the bar... it's a tricky balance.

But I know from watching Ed sing it that Imagine was special last night for him and many in the audience and that energy, whether you didn't want to hear the song itself or not, drives more of the magic beyond it too.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Great post. I fully agree. I’ve been telling my buddy all day how incredible the crowd energy was last night and how the band was clearly feeding off of it. Some concerts are great shows, but they go down as just “concerts.” Last night was a great show, but it was an EXPERIENCE. Such an amazing one at that. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Discopij said:
    Dirty Water is the song they play at Fenway after the Red Sox win so it makes sense they'd play it ... but hot damn that's a brutal tease
    No, no sense. I’m pissed and I’m not even there. 
    I was there and i could hear the groans of disappointment when it happened.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Great post. I fully agree. I’ve been telling my buddy all day how incredible the crowd energy was last night and how the band was clearly feeding off of it. Some concerts are great shows, but they go down as just “concerts.” Last night was a great show, but it was an EXPERIENCE. Such an amazing one at that. 
    So the crowd was good even though there was no ga?  Interesting. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Pot stirrer! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    So the crowd was good even though there was no ga?  Interesting. 
    Night 1's first 20 rows were just ok imo. They came alive when the hits came on but the majority of the show they were fairly tame minus a couple of groups that were rocking out hard. Stones side actually had the biggest group giving it their all which was cool to see. Night 2 had a lot more energy from all of the front. 
  • cmalisze said:
    No DTE!

And no Corduroy either!  Agree with some of the sentiment here in that this was definitely a high energy crowd that really made for a great night even if the setlist wasn't crazy on paper.  I was in Left field Loge box and it was bumping all night. 

Highlights were the 1994 Orpheum lyrics for Immortality, Mike and Boom facing down during the Crazy Mary solos, Thumbing my Way, and Life Wasted.  I remember watching the screen during Life Wasted and the funny look Ed gave when he forgot the "darkness comes in waves"  part and asked the front row for help.  Also Ed gave a heartfelt shout out to the Sox employee who has ALS during Wasted Reprise and then spoke emotionally about how grateful the band is to play for everyone.  Best crowd I've been a part of since 2013 Hartford.