Trophy Hunting

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    So besides coming here and whining about something you do not like ... what are any of you doing to actively stop trophy?  And I don't consider giving to a charity as doing anything other than line the pockets of charities.  
    Well I for one am going trophy hunter hunting in africa over the weekend.  Wish me luck!  I have a spot picked out over my mantle.
    You should went Yellowknife, NWT, Canada a few weeks back ... the trump boys were there trophy hunting ...
    Crap....I forgot I don;t own a gun or hunt.  Hmmmm...what else can I do?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    jeffbr said:
    So besides coming here and whining about something you do not like ... what are any of you doing to actively stop trophy?  And I don't consider giving to a charity as doing anything other than line the pockets of charities.  
    Strange post. What do you suggest people do to stop trophy hunters? I'm sure the people "whining" don't buy the trophies, and don't hunt the trophies. Citizens can make noise and lobby their congress people, can give to charitable groups which have more reach and lobbying power, write editorials (which you'd consider whining), educate people on social media (which you'd consider whining), etc... Are you suggesting something more drastic like shooting trophy hunters? 
    What I mean are any of you actively involved in some sort of campaign/petition signing that goes to state legislators to let them know that X amount of people do not like this activity to continue?  Vote for politicians at all level of governments who openly oppose this practice?  

Actually trying to get the laws changed.

I know I'm not.  The county I live in is 50% rural, 50% urban ... no politician is going to openly oppose trophy hunting.  At least, not the trophy hunting that takes place in Ontario.
    Yes, I have been involved in campaigns and petition signings that goes to legislators in many countries, and I have participated in canvassing for IFAW as well, along with regular donations, but that wouldn't interest you, since the wonderful IFAW that does such amazing work is a charity, which you only have disdain for, of course.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Well I for one am going trophy hunter hunting in africa over the weekend.  Wish me luck!  I have a spot picked out over my mantle.
    You should went Yellowknife, NWT, Canada a few weeks back ... the trump boys were there trophy hunting ...
    For good pizza and a nice local ipa I ll be your guide. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    Strange post. What do you suggest people do to stop trophy hunters? I'm sure the people "whining" don't buy the trophies, and don't hunt the trophies. Citizens can make noise and lobby their congress people, can give to charitable groups which have more reach and lobbying power, write editorials (which you'd consider whining), educate people on social media (which you'd consider whining), etc... Are you suggesting something more drastic like shooting trophy hunters? 
    What I mean are any of you actively involved in some sort of campaign/petition signing that goes to state legislators to let them know that X amount of people do not like this activity to continue?  Vote for politicians at all level of governments who openly oppose this practice?  

I know I'm not.  The county I live in is 50% rural, 50% urban ... no politician is going to openly oppose trophy hunting.  At least, not the trophy hunting that takes place in Ontario.
    Yes, I have been involved in campaigns and petition signings that goes to legislators in many countries, and I have participated in canvassing for IFAW as well, along with regular donations, but that wouldn't interest you, since the wonderful IFAW that does such amazing work is a charity, which you only have disdain for, of course.
    Why wouldn’t that interest me?  I do not support trophy hunting.  I however do support hunters that hunt to put food on their table.  I do not believe I’ve said I support trophy ... if I did, I must have been drunk.  As long as meat can be bought at the grocery store...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:

Why wouldn’t that interest me?  I do not support trophy hunting.  I however do support hunters that hunt to put food on their table.  I do not believe I’ve said I support trophy ... if I did, I must have been drunk.  As long as meat can be bought at the grocery store...

I was referencing your stated disdain for charities, who supposedly just line their pockets with donations. Everything I've done was done on behalf of or through IFAW, a dirty rotten charity organization, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • So besides coming here and whining about something you do not like ... what are any of you doing to actively stop trophy?  And I don't consider giving to a charity as doing anything other than line the pockets of charities.  
    And tell us what the f**k you do to advance First Nations' cause? The one you incessantly blather about in any thread with a glimmer of an opening?

Geezuz man. What a ridiculous post.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10 said:
    For good pizza and a nice local ipa I ll be your guide. 
    I’m good on the craft beer. Help me find this pizza
    hippiemom = goodness
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    And tell us what the f**k you do to advance First Nations' cause? The one you incessantly blather about in any thread with a glimmer of an opening?

I basically asked the same question.  No reply. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I already told you you fuckers ... people are powerless.  At least I don't come to this fourth 24/7 to cry and whine because I know other pearl jams fans will always agree with me.  Whenever I get a chance I mention to both my MP and MPP to push for First Nations right.  You know what my MP and MPP are NDP and the NDP will never be in power federally or provincially ... there you go ... not much more can be done by me...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited September 2018

I already told you you fuckers ... people are powerless.  At least I don't come to this fourth 24/7 to cry and whine because I know other pearl jams fans will always agree with me.  Whenever I get a chance I mention to both my MP and MPP to push for First Nations right.  You know what my MP and MPP are NDP and the NDP will never be in power federally or provincially ... there you go ... not much more can be done by me...
    There's something to be said for the lone wolf, the rebel.  But that's not the same as the angry rant and raver.  The lone wolf goes out and tampers, subverts, and sabotages.  But he does not howl unless he is with the pack.  He does not slander nor scorn the pack.  He either runs silently or joins the fray.  Sometimes some do both. 

So what are you?  The lone wolf, or the rant a raver?

I disagree we are powerless.   We just don't exercise our power.  Too many people give in to despondency or cynicism (sound familiar?), or are lazy or don't care or are uneducated.   Like Patti Smith said, "People Have the Power".  If you know that, you don't give in to cynicism. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

There's something to be said for the lone wolf, the rebel.  But that's not the same as the angry rant and raver.  The lone wolf goes out and tampers, subverts, and sabotages.  But he does not howl unless he is with the pack.  He does not slander nor scorn the pack.  He either runs silently or joins the fray.  Sometimes some do both. 

So what are you?  The lone wolf, or the rant a raver?

I disagree we are powerless.   We just don't exercise our power.  Too many people give in to despondency or cynicism (sound familiar?), or are lazy or don't care or are uneducated.   Like Patti Smith said, "People Have the Power".  If you know that, you don't give in to cynicism. 

It also not a priority for most people.  Here in Canada hunting is big part of a lot of people's lives...so I do not see governments banning trophy...and the animals that get killed by hunters in my province is more than likely for food (there will always poachers), even though I no fan of stuffed animals ... what harm are hunters doing if they the hide to taxidermist ... they are eating meat, the animal is dead ... in their eyes they likely they are using as much of the animal.

Anyways, I'm to stoned to continue a pointless discussion ...you won't change my mind nor will I change yours, nor am I interested in changing you mind.   Have a nice night...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • So besides coming here and whining about something you do not like ... what are any of you doing to actively stop trophy?  And I don't consider giving to a charity as doing anything other than line the pockets of charities.  

Okay... so you do nothing.

You do come to this forum 24/7 to cry and whine about Trudeau though... so... at least you got that going for you!

You do come to this forum 24/7 to cry and whine about Trudeau though... so... at least you got that going for you!
    All you wanna do is fucking argue .... have a night.
    Give Peas A Chance…

I was saying the same shit about Harper.  Except Harpers not The PM anymore.  Have a night ... you you people from BC are the most self righteous people around here...probably a fucking elite's 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    You can shoot them with a Nykon or Cannon digital camera ;)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

I was saying the same shit about Harper.  Except Harpers not The PM anymore.  Have a night ... you you people from BC are the most self righteous people around here...probably a fucking elite's 
    If I had come on here and scolded everybody for whining and doing nothing other than talking on the internet all day long... you'd have a legitimate reason to call me self righteous.

Like if I said something like this: "So besides coming here and whining about something you do not like ... what are any of you doing to actively stop trophy?" Then you could call me self righteous for sure. Even a f**king elite if you wanted because if I said something like that, I would be doing a fantastic job of trying to cheapen the thoughts and efforts of other people.

Especially if after saying something like that I followed it up by saying, "I already told you fuckers." Like geezuz... people should learn to listen  (those stupid f**kers).
  • Nearly 90 elephants killed in Botswana.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-45396394

Kill all poachers on sight. Leave carcasses for the vultures.
    Find homes with elephant or rhinoceros tusks and shove tusks up homeowners' asses to stay there forever (or kill them... I'd lose no sleep).

F**k me, man.
    Give Peas A Chance…

• This is sad.

In this case, the people just don't know to give space to the animal. They weren't malicious as much as they were naïve. The moose is a beautiful animal and very powerful.
    Nearly 90 elephants killed in Botswana.

Find homes with elephant or rhinoceros tusks and shove tusks up homeowners' asses to stay there forever (or kill them... I'd lose no sleep).

F**k me, man.
    This is HORRIBLE news.  I'm not a violent person but I agree, kill all poachers on sight.

This is sad.

In this case, the people just don't know to give space to the animal. They weren't malicious as much as they were naïve. The moose is a beautiful animal and very powerful.
    Stupid fucking people.

This is sad.

agreed ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Nearly 90 elephants killed in Botswana.

F**k me, man.
    Unreal I agree ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited October 2018
    I don't wish the hunter ill but killing large wild animals in today's world?  That's fucked up.
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Seriously?

Don't you have some elephant tails hanging on your wall somewhere that Donny Jr cut? F**k these people. Geezuz.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited December 2018
    This is a fake video but Karma is still a bitch......

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • An Alaskan champion murders a sleeping mother and three cub bears illegally. He and his son then butchered the mother... returning a few days later to dispose of the cubs and collect shell casings.

The f**king psycho didn't realize the bears were being monitored by motion activated cameras. He even expressed that 'they'd never link them to the slaughter' (after removing a collar).

The poor guy loses his hunting license and will have to spend three months in jail. Heavy man. Heavy. If that sentence isn't a deterrent I have no idea what would be.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/alaskan-father-and-son-sentenced-for-killing-a-bear-and-her-shrieking-cubs/ar-BBSNYAh?li=AAggFp5&ocid=edgsp
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    An Alaskan champion murders a sleeping mother and three cub bears illegally. He and his son then butchered the mother... returning a few days later to dispose of the cubs and collect shell casings.

The f**king psycho didn't realize the bears were being monitored by motion activated cameras. He even expressed that 'they'd never link them to the slaughter' (after removing a collar).

The poor guy loses his hunting license and will have to spend three months in jail. Heavy man. Heavy. If that sentence isn't a deterrent I have no idea what would be.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/alaskan-father-and-son-sentenced-for-killing-a-bear-and-her-shrieking-cubs/ar-BBSNYAh?li=AAggFp5&ocid=edgsp
    What an absolute piece of shit. Asshole definitely deserves more jail time.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......