Options

Are we allowed to offer free PJ stuff here?

JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
edited September 2018 in The Porch
Hi Sea and Kat and any other Admins, I was trying to offer to send a little free PJ merch care package to someone who didn't make ANY of the 2018 shows, if they told me their story of why they couldn't go.  I probably just messed up posting it, but it never posted, so I just want to make sure it's allowed? I'd tell them in advance what was in it and just ask them to pay postage, but not pay for the any of the actual merch in the package.  Is that ok to do?

I just feel like people have been really good to me at the shows I've been to, and online, and I've done favors for several but really wanted to do this.

Please let me know if it's allowed, thanks!
Post edited by JH6056 on

Comments

• Options
    madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    edited September 2018
    If you put @Sea it will help 

btw you are awesome
    Post edited by madhat181 on
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Look for the RAK thread in Lost Dogs.  Post it there?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Look for the RAK thread in Lost Dogs.  Post it there?

2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    What's RAK?  And if it's allowed I'd like everyone to see it, not just the folks who would be looking for merch.  It's more a tiny consolation prize for those who couldn't go at all, whether they're merch people or not.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited September 2018
    Random Act of Kindness.

Just post it here.  The mods will move it if they deem necessary, likely moved to Lost Dogs if they do.

Very nice gesture from you.  Good Karma to you!!  :rock_on:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Random Acts of Kindness, awesome!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I had no idea that was a forum or thread here, awesome!  I'm going to read ALL of it when I'm home tomorrow!

Love the concept!  I do still hope a) it's ok to do and b) it will be allowed to stay up here, because I'd hope more people could see it and tell their stories.  Might also be a nice way for people to vent or feel less alone in it if they were feeling alone in not going.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Someone just sent me a nice note --- thanking me again for something I sent on that thread 3+ years ago.  Crazy!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    So sweet!! It can mean a lot!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    RAK thread over in Lost Dogs, OP.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,922
    Yes, as long as it's legal merch. Thank you! :)
    And thank you to everyone who mentioned the Random Acts of Kindness thread in Lost Dogs :)

• Options
    Great to know, and yes it's all official PJ merch. :) 

I'll follow up with another thread. And thank you for letting me post it here in Porch!  I didn't know about the Random Acts of Kindness thread, and I'm thrilled to know now!  But my hope is more people who may also not know about it will see what I post here because it's on Porch.  

I'm going out the door now towards Fenway but I'll do all this when I get home, and I'll be sure to shout out RAK!  Thanks Sea!  Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Oh, and by the way, I'll also probably be posting soon about giving away my Turf B ticket for tonight, since a very kind soul probably is giving me an even better one - stay tuned!
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Sea said:
    Yes, as long as it's legal merch. Thank you! :)
    And thank you to everyone who mentioned the Random Acts of Kindness thread in Lost Dogs :)

:)