*** Chicago, IL, Fanviews Here 8/20/18 ***

Comments

• Great set, great atmosphere. Really makes me jealous seeing how many shows some of you have been to.

2003 Hershey, PA
    2012 Philadelphia, PA (Made in America)
    2016 New York, NY (MSG)
    2018 Wrigley 2

• Scot ConantScot Conant Michigan Posts: 74
    The GA re-entry was a shit-show, and we're lucky nobody got hurt. Too bad for the people originally on the rail. I know we were about 6 rows back on MM side at first, but by the time we got back we were at least 20 back and over by the screen. Frustrating.

That said, the set was fun. Memorable night, to be sure!
    10/16/14 - Detroit * 04/29/16 - TENadelphia * 10/20/16 - Chicago * 10/22/16 - Chicago * 10/18/18 - Chicago * 10/20/18 - Chicago * 09/16/22 - Nashville * 09/17/22 - Louisville * 09/07/23 - Chicago * 09/10/23 - Noblesville (Postponed)
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I am enjoying this thread more than most!  It was an unpredictable night for everyone present, glad to read all the positive outcomes! The Jamily got through it and will come to the stage again for more memories! 

Amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2018
    Who the fuck is Theo Epstein shirt was awesone

Let em bicker like a married couple if they play like that!
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I forgot to mention, in the right field “vip” area I had full access to the ivy. As a big baseball fan I was very pumped to be in this spot. 

Nice photo opportunity man! Definitely jealous of that. 

If Chicago (the city and Wrigley) won you over with the shit weather while you were here, you would fall in love with it on some sunny summer days.
    Definitely loved everything Chicago had to offer!  I really like the midwest feel.  My only other experience in the midwest was St. Louis and man oh man did chicago blow that city away on all fronts.  
    You mustn't forget your trip to the greatest collegiate stadium in all the land:

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I forgot to mention, in the right field “vip” area I had full access to the ivy. As a big baseball fan I was very pumped to be in this spot. 

Nice photo opportunity man! Definitely jealous of that. 

If Chicago (the city and Wrigley) won you over with the shit weather while you were here, you would fall in love with it on some sunny summer days.
    Definitely loved everything Chicago had to offer!  I really like the midwest feel.  My only other experience in the midwest was St. Louis and man oh man did chicago blow that city away on all fronts.  
    You mustn't forget your trip to the greatest collegiate stadium in all the land:

yes!!!!!!!!!!  I still think greenbush brewery made some of the greatest beers I have ever had.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    For me nothing will ever beat the Immortality > Daughter (it's ok) > Unthought Known sequence from this night.  The memorable weather and the fact that it was at Wrigley were a nice bonus but this set of 3 songs was simply perfect.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    kst said:
    For me nothing will ever beat the Immortality > Daughter (it's ok) > Unthought Known sequence from this night.  The memorable weather and the fact that it was at Wrigley were a nice bonus but this set of 3 songs was simply perfect.
    SO TRUE!
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
    Anybody have any photos to the right of this (maybe between Stone and Ed) one that shows some of the crowd up front? 

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    kst said:
    That was one great sequence of songs.  To me immortality is one of their best songs, they simply destroy it live.  And god does Matt Cameron absolutely kill it at the end...wow.
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    That show probably nudges its way into my top five. Just a phenomenal night; the first 2/3 of the main set were absolute nails and the "second encore" was magic (and I finally finished Vs). Also, pro tip for the next Wrigley rain delay: as soon as it's announced, run to the back of the 200 level, not to the concourse. Get there, grab a couple drinks, lean against the rail and wait out the storm. We had a great time - so much better than the 2013 clusterfuck underneath.
    Monday was my wife's first time seeing Pearl Jam and not hearing "Breath" and "Alone." 
    I kind of needed my love of Pearl Jam to be rekindled (nothing bad, just evolution, baby). This weekend provided it.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 961
    edited August 2018
    My first time traveling alone and full of anxiety to the point I didnt book my plane til Tuesday..my first GA ever on 8-20...I'm so thrilled I went..what a friggin blast..I love Chicago, the friends I made..the ppl I waited in merch line with..the cool guys I met before the GA delay..and these shows blew my mind..GA kicked ass and goosebumps overtook me especially during Mike's black solo as always..loved the Wrigley Lukin..and Given to Fly opener ...the rain was magical and when Ed said fuckers, I gave the sky the finger..and it's ok tag ❤ night ill never forget..wish I was going to Boston.
    Post edited by deb1211 on
    Nice photos! Glad you decided to make the trip. 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited August 2018
    CE220611 said:
    Anyone know what was up with the theo shirt?
    He wore it at Theo's charity event last year in Boston. Was a trend of "Who the fuck is..." shirts around that time. All in good fun.

Post edited by tschav on
  • DPAttyDPAtty Posts: 58
    Some weather-related pics that help set the scene for a fantastic night.  Those first few songs in the rain...chilling. 

"But first he was stripped and then he was stabbed by faceless men, well, fuckers, he still stands!"
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead..."
    "'You're still alive,' she said.  Oh, and do I deserve to be?  Is that the question?  And if so...if so...who answers?...who answers?" 
    "I believe, and I believe 'cuz I can see our future days. Days of you and me."

1998.08.26 Cleveland/Cuyahoga Falls; 2000.10.14 Houston; 2000.10.15 Houston; 2003.04.06 Houston;
    2004.10.02 Toledo; 2006.05.20 Cleveland; 2006.05.22 Auburn Hills; 2010.05.06 Columbus;
    2010.05.09 Cleveland; 2014.10.01 Cincinnati; 2016.04.26 Lexington; 2018.08.18 Chicago N1;
    2018.08.18 Chicago N2; 2022.09.08 Toronto; 2022.09.22 Denver; 2023.09.10 Noblesville, IN
    that second shot is awesome @DPAtty
  • jnikojniko Posts: 292
    U  
  • Thank you so much for Leash. Have been waiting since Moline! (did not play in Moline) =(

But so good in Wrigley! Thank you! Thank you!
    Two weeks later I can only wonder what would have happened if there was no rain delay. The band and crowd were on fire.  It could have cracked my top five of all time....who knows.  Still a solid show. 
  • Anybody have any photos to the right of this (maybe between Stone and Ed) one that shows some of the crowd up front? 

I was in this area for the show! We were definitely close to each other!  
    "I know I was born, and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine. I am MINE"
    "I wonder 'bout his insides, it's like his thoughts are too big for his size..."
    2013- Wrigley, Pittsburgh-(GA)
    2014- St. Louis, Memphis-(GA)
    2016- Tampa, Wrigley 1 & 2-(GA)
    mcgruff10 said:
    Two weeks later I can only wonder what would have happened if there was no rain delay. The band and crowd were on fire.  It could have cracked my top five of all time....who knows.  Still a solid show. 
    In retrospect, I think it's still up there purely for the "this storm will not stop us" vibe I think the crowd and band had. Loud, angry, very little pauses - cram a 3+ hour setlist into whatever's available. I know most people in the GA area around me were happy not to go home empty handed with a cancelled show. Baseball stadium shows generally slowly roll in with mellow songs to ease into the evening - this was straight up foot-on-pedal pacing.

Just like 2013, the "what ifs" make it a little more memorable, and surviving the rain conditions is one hell of a way to feel alive. I mean, sure, I'd love to see the setlist before the one they had to have rewritten once the storm delay was imminent. But like the Let's Play Two segment that equates Vedder to a baseball manager changing his lineup or calling up a pitcher from the bullpen, the flow to that setlist was an awesome change of pace.
    tschav said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    In retrospect, I think it's still up there purely for the "this storm will not stop us" vibe I think the crowd and band had. Loud, angry, very little pauses - cram a 3+ hour setlist into whatever's available. I know most people in the GA area around me were happy not to go home empty handed with a cancelled show. Baseball stadium shows generally slowly roll in with mellow songs to ease into the evening - this was straight up foot-on-pedal pacing.

Just like 2013, the "what ifs" make it a little more memorable, and surviving the rain conditions is one hell of a way to feel alive. I mean, sure, I'd love to see the setlist before the one they had to have rewritten once the storm delay was imminent. But like the Let's Play Two segment that equates Vedder to a baseball manager changing his lineup or calling up a pitcher from the bullpen, the flow to that setlist was an awesome change of pace.
    Agree 100%!  Nicely said.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    tschav said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I too wonder what the OG setlist was..... would've been interesting to see that, but I would probably ending up cursing the weather.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited September 2018
    lolobugg said:
    tschav said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I too wonder what the OG setlist was..... would've been interesting to see that, but I would probably ending up cursing the weather.
    I thought the setlist leaked very early for this one. It was definitely out at 5:30pm when we were standing in the GA pit. Buddy beside me was talking about it and I asked him if he would not spoil it for us. I was told after it was the same set. Unless Eddie made the set knowing there was a possibility of the delay and made it around that pre-emptively. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    The setlist could've been the exact same, but missing the more mellow intro off the slower starters like Pendulum, Release, Elderly Woman and Corduroy to transition into the more uptempo songs like GTF. 

As long as someone doesn't confirm they cut Red Mosquito, I'm totally fine with the set we got.  :) 
  • Ok so I was fortunate to go to a good number of shows this year.  Seattle 2 was the best overall but no 15-20 minute segment anywhere came close to the Immortality/ Daughter (It's Ok)/ Unthought Known/ Jeremy segment of Chicago 2.  I still can't believe that happened.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    kst said:
    Ok so I was fortunate to go to a good number of shows this year.  Seattle 2 was the best overall but no 15-20 minute segment anywhere came close to the Immortality/ Daughter (It's Ok)/ Unthought Known/ Jeremy segment of Chicago 2.  I still can't believe that happened.
    You are right, those four in a row were tremendous !!!! The more i reflect the more I like this show. 
  • Chasing FootstepsChasing Footsteps Posts: 315
    edited September 2018
    kst said:
    Ok so I was fortunate to go to a good number of shows this year.  Seattle 2 was the best overall but no 15-20 minute segment anywhere came close to the Immortality/ Daughter (It's Ok)/ Unthought Known/ Jeremy segment of Chicago 2.  I still can't believe that happened.

In My Tree was before Immortality. I’ll add that one too  ;)

Night 1’s Footsteps / SOLAT / Breath segment was something else! 
    Post edited by Chasing Footsteps on
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • This was my first time at a PJ show!  It was amazing!  Can't wait for the next tour!