Smashing Pumpkins!

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    In case anyone is interested: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kGgorEzTclXgTeXzuaIH8Ss0Vo-0xXtB
    These were simply ripped (not by me) from the Seattle stream last weekend - nothing "official." If they are not allowed around here, my apologies and I will delete the post.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Just checked the iTunes store, and Silvery Sometimes (Ghosts), which was up as a preorder (which I'd ordered) has disappeared.  Anyone have any insight on this, lol?

Also, happy to hear the Machina reissue is moving ahead, just hope there's options beyond the "originally conceived" running order (likely the super-duper box set will have all the versions, I'm guessing).
    I never gave Machina 2 much of  a chance but I like Machina 1 and might give the songs more of a chance if they are intermingled with the ones from the original album.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    rummy said:
    In case anyone is interested: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kGgorEzTclXgTeXzuaIH8Ss0Vo-0xXtB
    These were simply ripped (not by me) from the Seattle stream last weekend - nothing "official." If they are not allowed around here, my apologies and I will delete the post.
    Thanks!  I know what I'll be listening to after The Doors album I'm currently playing, lol.  Solid setlist, though I would like to see the later songs (even Zwan) which I've enjoyed (still waiting on the conclusion to Teargarden, lol!), but that's not the point of this tour, obviously.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Still iso a poster from this tour 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Just checked the iTunes store, and Silvery Sometimes (Ghosts), which was up as a preorder (which I'd ordered) has disappeared.  Anyone have any insight on this, lol?

Also, happy to hear the Machina reissue is moving ahead, just hope there's options beyond the "originally conceived" running order (likely the super-duper box set will have all the versions, I'm guessing).
    I wasn't aware it was ever up for preorder. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413

I stumbled on it last week.  Saw a reddit thread that says the new music (8 songs at that point) was going to be released as 2 EPs, then they changed it to 8 singles, now it'll apparently (maybe?  Who knows with Billy's shifting whims, lol) an album.  Wait and see, I guess.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022

I stumbled on it last week.  Saw a reddit thread that says the new music (8 songs at that point) was going to be released as 2 EPs, then they changed it to 8 singles, now it'll apparently (maybe?  Who knows with Billy's shifting whims, lol) an album.  Wait and see, I guess.
    I wish that twit would make a musical decision and stick with it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    His Q&A stuff on instagram is something for the ages.  It goes anywhere from kind to grateful to informative to hilarious to confusing to strange to sarcastic to sometimes downright snobbery and back.  He's a range of emotions from one question to the next.  I always seem to miss the timeframe when he takes questions.  Not sure what I'd even ask.  I might just say thanks for playing Muzzle on the tour.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    His Q&A stuff on instagram is something for the ages.  It goes anywhere from kind to grateful to informative to hilarious to confusing to strange to sarcastic to sometimes downright snobbery and back.  He's a range of emotions from one question to the next.  I always seem to miss the timeframe when he takes questions.  Not sure what I'd even ask.  I might just say thanks for playing Muzzle on the tour.
    Agreed. Total Insta-worthy stuff.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Saw a lot of Pearl Jam shirts and hoodies at the 2nd LA Forum Show. Too bad they went cheap on security, sucks when people keep taking peoples seats all around you and it’s one confrontation after another. Great show. 
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I saw The Smashing Pumpkins in Dublin in 2008. They haven't been over here since. I've gotten pretty much every major release that they've ever put out. I really hope that they come back to this country. As it stands I think they've only announced dates in England and Italy for Europe.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

According to BC it's not even at that stage yet. I think he just signed 'papers' in the last month or so to get what he needs from Virgin to re-release it. Said this week it will be M1 and M2 together, along with who knows what.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    lolobugg said:
    Lots of colored vinyl, if you're into that.
    kramer73 said:
    lolobugg said:
    Lots of colored vinyl, if you're into that.

Yep. I picked up the limited edition gold vinyl.

Thinking about the boxset but there are really no additional songs on it.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited September 2018
    Too many vinyl choices. The purple looks cool but just couldn't justify the extra cash for the boxset, all 3 tracks are on the LP anyway. I went for gold as 500 is a low number and word is it's selling fast.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
    FR181798 said:
    Too many vinyl choices. The purple looks cool but just couldn't justify the extra cash for the boxset, all 3 tracks are on the LP anyway. I went for gold as 500 is a low number and word is it's selling fast.

good choice. I think that colour goes well with the album title.

once word gets out, these won't last very long. good price on a limited edition of 500

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Really like the new single, excellent tune!  Solara has grown on me, especially after seeing it live.

I ordered the purple vinyl but just the album, not the box set.  Was there a glow in the dark or maybe mint green vinyl?  It looks like it in the graphic they posted on twitter but no one seems to know where to get it.  Spotify clear is sold out.
  • The GITD is mixed in with the first pressing of black. /500
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Just ordered the gold vinyl :smiley:
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
    The GITD is mixed in with the first pressing of black. /500
    Whoa, really? How did you find that out?  I now have people now telling me that the one in the pic is actually the clear, but I don't know how much I believe that. Clear is clear, it doesn't have a greenish hue to it. And besides, there is a separate pic for the clear.
  • Bullmoose said it when they announced a pre-order. 

A GITD record will be that Milky green color like anything that glows in the dark green. There is a Spotify clear variant (/1000). So maybe that’s adding to the confusion. 
    Bullmoose said it when they announced a pre-order. 

A GITD record will be that Milky green color like anything that glows in the dark green. There is a Spotify clear variant (/1000). So maybe that’s adding to the confusion. 
    Awesome, thanks! Yeah I think these people are just assuming it's the clear because they don't have any info other than that. 
    Really like the new single, excellent tune!  Solara has grown on me, especially after seeing it live.

I ordered the purple vinyl but just the album, not the box set.  Was there a glow in the dark or maybe mint green vinyl?  It looks like it in the graphic they posted on twitter but no one seems to know where to get it.  Spotify clear is sold out.
    Confused, I can only see the purple as part of the boxset. Surely if there was a GITD they would advertise this, $$$ more sales $$$ I saw the milky green image and thought it was just a poor representation of the clear. Too many options and a pointless boxset IMO. Gold looks to be the most limited at 500 and it's not even sold out. Just shows you that the whole Smashing Pumpkins saga has left little appetite for this band. It's a shame because the last album was decent. Can you imagine if PJ listed the new album in these variations and quantities. We'd all be moaning within 15 mins that it was sold out on everything but black.

In answer to my own question I see the purple on the SP web store but it has a t with it. Maybe the GITD is what they mean by "Surprise variants". Anyone read that stuff about unlocking the SP vaults, hundreds of unreleased songs. As much as I like SP, please no.
    edited September 2018
    FR181798 said:
    In answer to my own question I see the purple on the SP web store but it has a t with it. Maybe the GITD is what they mean by "Surprise variants". Anyone read that stuff about unlocking the SP vaults, hundreds of unreleased songs. As much as I like SP, please no.

there are some real gems in there that were never officially released.  There is a fan made compilation called "Mashed Potatoes" that has a lot of their pre-Mellon Collie outtakes and live tracks. it is great.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

I don't mind Solara, but this one does nothing for me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Mashed Potatoes is a Billy curated mix that he made for the band and friends just after SD I believe. But yeah, I'd love an open archive. 

Mashed Potatoes is a Billy curated mix that he made for the band and friends just after SD I believe. But yeah, I'd love an open archive. 

yes you are correct. it wasn't a fan made compilation really......

but lucky for us it got bootlegged by someone and released to the interwebs.

I saw 5 of the 9 shows they played in my hometown in 2007. Orange Peel residency. There were some cool songs like "?" and "Mama" that he wrote during that time that were never officially released.  Would love to hear some studio versions of those. I am sure they tracked them all for "American Gothic" EP.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Yeah, there were some good tracks there.