Not a happy camper

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    uglug1 said:
    get a lotto winning for 2nd Fenway show only to get crappy seats MONTHS ago....Today PJ releases more seats and MUCH better seats than I got from the 1st lottery.  WTF?
    Grandstand 8?  Did anyone else get hosed?

Unless you have been a member of 10C for years, it is a joke being a member for tickets.  Just pulled a pair of tickets that are 1000X better than the absolute garbage I was "lucky and privileged" to get through the lottery. 2nd to last row of G26.  You'd have a hard time finding worse seats.  Now I have to kick myself for bothering with the lottery while I look at a pair of much better tickets in my cart that I can't justify spending another $200+ on while being stuck with the crap pair.  Fucking ridiculous.

You also have no idea how a rock band distributed tickets.  There are always tickets that get held back for friends of the band. If they don’t give them out they release them to the public.  Also... once the stage is setup up they sometimes end up with additional areas to put seats. Those are also released to the public.  
    Thanks but having gone to hundreds of shows over the years and have gotten my best seats from released seats shortly before shows, I have a little bit of an idea but thanks for the condescending post.  The point is that if the band knows there will be much better seats released (and they always do) why bother giving people who pay to be a part of their fan club some of the worst seats available just for the "privilege" of spending $200+ just to be in the building and be stuck with garbage when there most certainly will be an opportunity for better seats as this afternoon has proved.  I guess I'm not one of the "fans" who thinks that band can do know wrong and be honored just to barely (if at all) drop that kind of coin to "see them".  I'm sure most who "won" the lottery just to get horrendous seats would rather have "lost" the lottery and rolled the dice on getting tickets through the inevitable drop (as there's always a drop).  
    So if you knew all this already, why did you enter the lottery at all?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,017
    PJ_Soul said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    My CC got hit... got no email. Called customer service and they don’t see anything from me on their end.

dammit
    Now that's something worth complaining about. ;)

I have a live nation pending charge

im gonna call again after work

i got in real quick... 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited August 2018
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    uglug1 said:
    get a lotto winning for 2nd Fenway show only to get crappy seats MONTHS ago....Today PJ releases more seats and MUCH better seats than I got from the 1st lottery.  WTF?

Unless you have been a member of 10C for years, it is a joke being a member for tickets.  Just pulled a pair of tickets that are 1000X better than the absolute garbage I was "lucky and privileged" to get through the lottery. 2nd to last row of G26.  You'd have a hard time finding worse seats.  Now I have to kick myself for bothering with the lottery while I look at a pair of much better tickets in my cart that I can't justify spending another $200+ on while being stuck with the crap pair.  Fucking ridiculous.

You also have no idea how a rock band distributed tickets.  There are always tickets that get held back for friends of the band. If they don’t give them out they release them to the public.  Also... once the stage is setup up they sometimes end up with additional areas to put seats. Those are also released to the public.  
    Thanks but having gone to hundreds of shows over the years and have gotten my best seats from released seats shortly before shows, I have a little bit of an idea but thanks for the condescending post.  The point is that if the band knows there will be much better seats released (and they always do) why bother giving people who pay to be a part of their fan club some of the worst seats available just for the "privilege" of spending $200+ just to be in the building and be stuck with garbage when there most certainly will be an opportunity for better seats as this afternoon has proved.  I guess I'm not one of the "fans" who thinks that band can do know wrong and be honored just to barely (if at all) drop that kind of coin to "see them".  I'm sure most who "won" the lottery just to get horrendous seats would rather have "lost" the lottery and rolled the dice on getting tickets through the inevitable drop (as there's always a drop).  
    So you have benefited from these seat releases before, but are mad it didn't work in your favour this time? Or am I misunderstanding where your annoyance is coming from?
    Sorry, I'm just not sure how you think 10C should have handled this differently... It's not like they would be able to assign future released seats to people who won the lottery and had their seats assigned ages ago. I am genuinely interested to hear how you think this situation could have been improved for you by 10C. I'm personally not very knowledgeable about seat releases like this. I'm usually happy to just let it go and not even think about it this close to a show, so ignore all news of last minute ticket drops. And FYI, as many will attest to, I'm perfectly happy to criticize 10C when it's called for, lol. I just don't think it is in this case.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    Image result for troll
    great first post
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • Either give semi-decent tickets to 10C members or don't give them at all and let them take a chance through other methods after "losing".  It's not that complicated.  Sorry, I'm not a sycophant lemming for any band, who thinks their shit don't stink and am happy to just "be in the building".  If I'm going to spend that kind of money on any show, I want to be able to at least "see" the band, even if it's just on screen.  Garbage seats are garbage seats but it would be nice not to force them on their members who are then stuck with them.
  • ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    schmately said:
    Either give semi-decent tickets to 10C members or don't give them at all and let them take a chance through other methods after "losing".  It's not that complicated.  Sorry, I'm not a sycophant lemming for any band, who thinks their shit don't stink and am happy to just "be in the building".  If I'm going to spend that kind of money on any show, I want to be able to at least "see" the band, even if it's just on screen.  Garbage seats are garbage seats but it would be nice not to force them on their members who are then stuck with them.
    you know like 20k 10 club members got really decent seats right?  You're just flat out being a cry baby.  If you got shit seats in the 10c draw, that means your number is shit compared to the other winners.  Even if theses holds were released and assigned to 10c members...you'd still be at the back of the list.  Quit crying man. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    edited August 2018
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    Then why not just wait for the drop, which you knew was going to happen, as you've done many, many times and gotten great seats?
    Post edited by CantKeepmedown on
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Cry
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    I had great seats but got booted from the site and can not get them again.  This sucks row a section b seat 1 aND 2.  Can't believe it
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    JP218404 said:
    I love this post too much. Thumbs way the fuck up. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    schmately said:
    Either give semi-decent tickets to 10C members or don't give them at all and let them take a chance through other methods after "losing".  It's not that complicated.  Sorry, I'm not a sycophant lemming for any band, who thinks their shit don't stink and am happy to just "be in the building".  If I'm going to spend that kind of money on any show, I want to be able to at least "see" the band, even if it's just on screen.  Garbage seats are garbage seats but it would be nice not to force them on their members who are then stuck with them.
    Name calling will make you VERY popular around here OP. You are disappointed to say the least. Hope it clears up in time for the show.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Clapper said:
    schmately said:
    you know like 20k 10 club members got really decent seats right?  You're just flat out being a cry baby.  If you got shit seats in the 10c draw, that means your number is shit compared to the other winners.  Even if theses holds were released and assigned to 10c members...you'd still be at the back of the list.  Quit crying man. 
    This
    This, so much.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    Then why not just wait for the drop, which you knew was going to happen, as you've done many, many times and gotten great seats?
    One.More.Time. As part of the so-called "fan club", I would expect not to be given among the worst seats in the building.  Anyone can get those.  Either only release remotely decent seats or don't do it all.  Sorry, I haven't been forking over my money for 1000 years to the band like some of you and am happy for those who got good draws.  The point is that unless you've been a member forever and are a drooling PJ sycophant who doesn't really care about seeing or hearing the band then don't bother with the lottery and take your chances elsewhere.  I'm sure PJ is happy with my money regardless of my complaining about the way they do business.  I would love to sell the pair of tickets I'm now stuck with and not waste anymore money.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited August 2018
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    One.More.Time. As part of the so-called "fan club", I would expect not to be given among the worst seats in the building.  Anyone can get those.  Either only release remotely decent seats or don't do it all.  Sorry, I haven't been forking over my money for 1000 years to the band like some of you and am happy for those who got good draws.  The point is that unless you've been a member forever and are a drooling PJ sycophant who doesn't really care about seeing or hearing the band then don't bother with the lottery and take your chances elsewhere.  I'm sure PJ is happy with my money regardless of my complaining about the way they do business.  I would love to sell the pair of tickets I'm now stuck with and not waste anymore money.
    But to be fair, 10C actually stated that their 10C seats would be going way further back (aka would include way more bad seats than usual) for this tour so that they could sell more of them to more members. They clearly stated that in the show announcement, and you entered the lottery anyway.....
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    Calling names does not cancel out your tears.
    I hope that you can find a way to sleep tonight on your (wet) pillow.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    Then post your tickets for sale for face value and move on. Nobody's going to feel bad for you on this and one.more.time, you'll get the fuck nowhere fast by calling people names here.
    www.cluthelee.com
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    You keep ducking the questions. If you knew with such conviction that you could get tickets on the release, why did you sign up for the club and enter the draw?  If you knew tickets for winners of the draws were by seniority and you weren't ok with having a late member number, why did you sign up for the club and enter the draw?  Things went exactly as you expected them to go, you just didn't get the result you wanted. That's not the band's fault, 10c fault, fenway's fault. The result isn't even your fault.  The reaction and response is 100% your fault though. You're being a child. You didn't get what you wanted and you're throwing a tantrum. boo hoo bro. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    And my socks are too loose.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Hi, I joined 6 months ago why are my seats not on the stage next to Boom this fan club is a rip off
  • schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    Then post your tickets for sale for face value and move on. Nobody's going to feel bad for you on this and one.more.time, you'll get the fuck nowhere fast by calling people names here.

Not looking for anyone to feel badly.  It is my understanding that only one of these tickets are transferrable so there goes the selling the pair. And sorry if the terms hit close to home.  It doesn't make them any less true.  As long as people are happy to not call out the band and management on crap like this, they'll continue as long as they know their adoring masses will keep smiling and say "thank you, sir, may I have another".
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    uglug1 said:

You still don’t get it. Whatever.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

edited August 2018
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:

Not looking for anyone to feel badly.  It is my understanding that only one of these tickets are transferrable so there goes the selling the pair. And sorry if the terms hit close to home.  It doesn't make them any less true.  As long as people are happy to not call out the band and management on crap like this, they'll continue as long as they know their adoring masses will keep smiling and say "thank you, sir, may I have another".
    the tickets WERE NOT TEN CLUBS TO USE!!!!  They are band given/ promoter/ sponsors, etc tickets that didn't get used AND additional ones once production was put in.  Ten Club NEVER had these seats hence they couldn't give them to members when our lottery happened.
    get it.  None of us were EVER getting them in the lottery.  they didn't exist.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    edited August 2018
    Clapper you don't get it  ;)-- this, and about 1/4 of the Fenway threads, are about US. 
    • We don't give two fucks about the band.  (Releasing extra tix to 10c before TM?  You bastards!  They should go right to me!)
    • We don't care about the people in the same row as us.  (Squeeze anyone you want to sit with you right in your row!  It makes no difference that you bought two tickets and knew you were only going to get two together -- you want 3 people to sit together, dammit!)
    • We don't care about tragic reasons for call outs/requests.  (Play Future Days and dedicate it to me, because in the Future I am going to be even cooler than I think I am today.  It is all about me -- in my Future Days, they will have a frigging day of the week named after me!)
    • We don't care about child welfare!  (Hey, group, should I bring my 10 day old to the show?  There is no pit here (she really loves GA but will have to deal with seats) and I am sure they everyone around me will be super respectful of my 10 day old's desire to have a great time!)
    • What time are the merch tents open?  (Because I need to buy 6 of everything, sell them on ebay, and fund my tour.  I'm a highly regarded board member who has a standing # for every GA line as #6.  Ed knows me by sight.)
    • ISO 3 tickets in 1st row (This 10C lottery stuff is racist.  My friends and I should be sitting in the first row, it is our 57th show and we first saw the band in Boston.  Will pay you in merch that I hoarded from Seattle.  Oh - don't even bother to reply here, reply in Facebook because I cannot stand it here and left.)

• Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Clapper said:
    Love this band, but the fan base has reached critical levels of crybaby bullshit.  If you complain about ticket availability, seating priority, ticket pricing, merch availability, venues, any of it, you are absolutely lost as a music fan.  No system is perfect but we have it as good as any group of fans could have it.  Quit the crying and entitlement. Its gotten so tired. Try public sale for tickets, let us know how it works out.  Don't like the tickets or merch? Save your money and buy a time machine instead. You can physically get yourself back to 1994 where your mentality is living.  

For the fans who can still be happy about seeing the band, happy about being a good part of the community, are smart enough and logical enough to know  that there are 10 different kinds of ticket allotment (fan club, credit card pre-sale xyz, radio station pre-sale xyz, venue , artist, promoter) I say good on you. I'll happily see you out on the road at shows. 

For the rail lizards, the entitled, the clueless - get over it. live your lives happy. 

Love this , Although have loved Pearl Jam since TEN was released , the fandom is out of control. Also its Fenway , for night 1 I have PR15 and although I was a bit upset about this at first , I looked at the seats and for Fenway they are amazing. Yes far up but bigger seats as it is a higher priced area for baseball games and perfect view of the stage. Honestly I think it is better than the turf. Unless I am in the first 5 rows I would prefer a seat higher up. I am only 5 foot 8 so even if I was row 7 if I have someone taller than me in front of me it can kind of ruin the show.

And these are last second tickets as said because of production , guest list , corporate sponsor's ect and PJ gave us the first chance to get them.

My only hope is next time they come thru the MA area they play in Worcester at DCU Center or Hartford at the XL Center just better sound and site lines.

I would love to be row 1 but I am happy with PR15

Clapper you don't get it  ;)-- this, and about 1/4 of the Fenway threads, are about US. 
    • We don't give two fucks about the band.  (Releasing extra tix to 10c before TM?  You bastards!  They should go right to me!)
    • We don't care about the people in the same row as us.  (Squeeze anyone you want to sit with you right in your row!  It makes no difference that you bought two tickets and knew you were only going to get two together -- you want 3 people to sit together, dammit!)
    • We don't care about tragic reasons for call outs/requests.  (Play Future Days and dedicate it to me, because in the Future I am going to be even cooler than I think I am today.  It is all about me -- in my Future Days, they will have a frigging day of the week named after me!)
    • We don't care about child welfare!  (Hey, group, should I bring my 10 day old to the show?  There is no pit here (she really loves GA but will have to deal with seats) and I am sure they everyone around me will be super respectful of my 10 day old's desire to have a great time!)
    • What time are the merch tents open?  (Because I need to buy 6 of everything, sell them on ebay, and fund my tour.  I'm a highly regarded board member who has a standing # for every GA line as #6.  Ed knows me by sight.)
    • ISO 3 tickets in 1st row (This 10C lottery stuff is racist.  My friends and I should be sitting in the first row, it is our 57th show and we first saw the band in Boston.  Will pay you in merch that I hoarded from Seattle.  Oh - don't even bother to reply here, reply in Facebook because I cannot stand it here and left.)

You...complete...me. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
    edited August 2018
    Im in B94 Row NN and I'm thrilled regardless that better seats came up for sale.  I got tickets to the show.  in the building.  all that matters.  you make the show what you want the show to be about hearing the songs and getting lost in the music.  we know what they all look like not like they are doing crazy shit on stage that you HAVE to see it.  they rock out.  that it.  Mike will run in circles.  Eddie will sway back and forth and jump around.  stone will take small steps, Jeff will swing the bass, jump and run-in a circle.  boom is behind the keyboard.  matt plays drums.  same thing every show.  ya got tickets. be happy.  
    Post edited by JP218404 on
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    Clapper said:

You...complete...me. 
    :lol:
    Matts3221 said:
    Clapper said:
    Love this band, but the fan base has reached critical levels of crybaby bullshit.  If you complain about ticket availability, seating priority, ticket pricing, merch availability, venues, any of it, you are absolutely lost as a music fan.  No system is perfect but we have it as good as any group of fans could have it.  Quit the crying and entitlement. Its gotten so tired. Try public sale for tickets, let us know how it works out.  Don't like the tickets or merch? Save your money and buy a time machine instead. You can physically get yourself back to 1994 where your mentality is living.  

For the fans who can still be happy about seeing the band, happy about being a good part of the community, are smart enough and logical enough to know  that there are 10 different kinds of ticket allotment (fan club, credit card pre-sale xyz, radio station pre-sale xyz, venue , artist, promoter) I say good on you. I'll happily see you out on the road at shows. 

For the rail lizards, the entitled, the clueless - get over it. live your lives happy. 

Love this , Although have loved Pearl Jam since TEN was released , the fandom is out of control. Also its Fenway , for night 1 I have PR15 and although I was a bit upset about this at first , I looked at the seats and for Fenway they are amazing. Yes far up but bigger seats as it is a higher priced area for baseball games and perfect view of the stage. Honestly I think it is better than the turf. Unless I am in the first 5 rows I would prefer a seat higher up. I am only 5 foot 8 so even if I was row 7 if I have someone taller than me in front of me it can kind of ruin the show.

And these are last second tickets as said because of production , guest list , corporate sponsor's ect and PJ gave us the first chance to get them.

My only hope is next time they come thru the MA area they play in Worcester at DCU Center or Hartford at the XL Center just better sound and site lines.

I would love to be row 1 but I am happy with PR15

See, you get it man. I really hope that you get your row 1's one day. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2014 - Detroit
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    schmately said:
    uglug1 said:

Unless you have been a member of 10C for years, it is a joke being a member for lottery tickets.  Just pulled a pair of tickets that are 1000X better than the absolute garbage I was "lucky and privileged" to get through the lottery. 2nd to last row of G26.  You'd have a hard time finding worse seats.  Now I have to kick myself for bothering with the lottery while I look at a pair of much better tickets in my cart that I can't justify spending another $200+ on while being stuck with the crap pair.  Fucking ridiculous.

Now, through these responses, you now know how all these different TYPES of tickets get held, sold, released.  You can now decide if you want to give up your 10Club membership and hope that you're online the moment the drop happens for the next show you really want tix to, and be willing to risk it.  Or you can do what most of us did and be glad to be in the building and if/when other tix go onsale be glad that whoever DID get them were 10 Club members.

Main takeaway for you and everyone should be: these drops almost always happen for every big show.  Even many little sold out shows. As someone else said, it's really about how long you want to hunt for the drops and hang online and risk missing them and being shut out altogether.  Which, some people are up for, and more power to them.
This discussion has been closed.