Options

Support the troops support the first responders

I was thinking about the plight of the 911 first responders when Rudy and Whitman declared ground zero "safe" and those that helped with the Gulf oil "spill". Ground zero asbestos poisoning and Gulf corexit poisoning. Anyway I was reading about the navy men poisoned from Fukisima and the troops poisoned from Iraq burn pits. I felt bad knowing that people that work our government don't give a shit, so I drank a beer counted my blessings placed a yellow ribbon on the locusts tree in front of my house and carried on with my life.

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    I'm always blown away by the willingness of first responders, especially fire fighters and medics, to step in and help in the most difficult of situations. I feel the same way about those who risk life and liberty in defense of the planet.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    I wonder who those suffering from respiratory disease that helped with 911 gulf oil spill Fukisima meltdown and burn pits are voting for?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    The U.S. govt. neglecting employees that it is responsible for poisoning goes back to Vietnam and agent orange and beyond.

Dont forget that in the middle of the worst of the occupation of Iraq that congress and the white house tried to cut V.A. benefits to survivors, families, and vets.
  • Options

The U.S. govt. neglecting employees that it is responsible for poisoning goes back to Vietnam and agent orange and beyond.

Dont forget that in the middle of the worst of the occupation of Iraq that congress and the white house tried to cut V.A. benefits to survivors, families, and vets.

I worry about a young family member who served three tours on the front lines there- all that radioactive shrapnel and shit.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Mexican American War, spoiled Armour canned meat. No repercussions.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Free wars, free death, free amputations, free PSTD, free cancers, free disease, free registry websites, free best country in the world, free bumper stickers, free yellow, ribbons...It's all free!
  • Options
    PTSD
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I'm always blown away by the willingness of first responders, especially fire fighters and medics, to step in and help in the most difficult of situations. I feel the same way about those who risk life and liberty in defense of the planet.

There is what, like 3 million people in NYC? What about all the locals that lived there that breathed that crap in, the people that commuted? I always wonder about them...
  • Options

brianlux said:

There is what, like 3 million people in NYC? What about all the locals that lived there that breathed that crap in, the people that commuted? I always wonder about them...
    Absolutely. New York in a way is the capitol of the world. I've spent some time there and it's like half the energy of the planet is focused there. The air must have been very unhealthy after 911 and between that and the trauma of that event it must have been a very heavy time there.

I will say though that visiting the city for the first time in the early sixties, I had never experienced such intense pollution. It seared my eyeballs. But at the time I didn't care too much because it was like being on another planet.

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,518
    Republicans love troops when they are fighting wars, not so much when it's time to pay for healthcare. Kinda like they love a fetus, just not after it is born.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Republicans love troops when they are fighting wars, not so much when it's time to pay for healthcare. Kinda like they love a fetus, just not after it is born.

These issues are bi partisan.
    Lieutenant Steve Simmons
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,518
    JC29856 said:

Smellyman said:

Lieutenant Steve Simmons
    All are, some the other party doesn't care as mush about as proven over the years.
  • Options
    The
    JC29856 said:

Smellyman said:

Lieutenant Steve Simmons
    o
    JC29856 said:

Smellyman said:

Lieutenant Steve Simmons
    That's an old and tired copout, ignoring the distinction between the two parties just because you don't like acknowledging them will not make those differences disappear.
    As usual, there is a clear difference, you can look at voting records and see, it is clearly a partisan issue when the GOP, alone, refuses to pass any veteran's bills.
  • Options
    That's an old and tired copout, ignoring that the democrats had months to do whatever they wished without needing a single republican vote.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

That's an old and tired copout, ignoring that the democrats had months to do whatever they wished without needing a single republican vote.

That's just a distraction.
    Did Republicans block every veteran's bill or not?
  • Options
    http://m.truthdig.com/report/item/pentagon_trying_to_cover_up_toxic_effects_of_its_deadly_burn_pits_20160313

Hickman’s Burn Pits exposes a link between military service near burn pits in Iraq and Afghanistan and serious maladies, including everything from respiratory illnesses to rare brain cancers. Indeed, Hickman says, Vice President Joe Biden’s son Beau died of one of these rare brain cancers after serving in Iraq.

The Pentagon’s ban comes despite the fact that the book is an Amazon bestseller and has been reviewed favorably in media around the world. So it seems like a sure bet that the brass doesn’t intend to change its policy of exposing our soldiers to these deadly toxins. By officially sticking their heads in the sand, they’re hoping the problem will go away.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

http://m.truthdig.com/report/item/pentagon_trying_to_cover_up_toxic_effects_of_its_deadly_burn_pits_20160313

Hickman’s Burn Pits exposes a link between military service near burn pits in Iraq and Afghanistan and serious maladies, including everything from respiratory illnesses to rare brain cancers. Indeed, Hickman says, Vice President Joe Biden’s son Beau died of one of these rare brain cancers after serving in Iraq.

The Pentagon’s ban comes despite the fact that the book is an Amazon bestseller and has been reviewed favorably in media around the world. So it seems like a sure bet that the brass doesn’t intend to change its policy of exposing our soldiers to these deadly toxins. By officially sticking their heads in the sand, they’re hoping the problem will go away.

Can't risk bad press, defense cuts are the end of the world, don't you know?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    JC29856 said:

when was this?

obama had a fillubuster proof majority for only 72 days. not 2 years like your media tells you.

http://sandiegofreepress.org/2012/09/the-myth-of-the-filibuster-proof-democratic-senate/

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/fleeting-illusory-supermajority
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

That's just a distraction.
    Did Republicans block every veteran's bill or not?
    yes they did. they also held up the 9/11 first responders health care bill for political purposes. using heros as pawns is the republican way.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

JC29856 said:

when was this?

obama had a fillubuster proof majority for only 72 days. not 2 years like your media tells you.

http://sandiegofreepress.org/2012/09/the-myth-of-the-filibuster-proof-democratic-senate/

Is 72 days months or years?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

when was this?

just over 2 months. that is barely enough time to pass anything.

let's talk about republican opposition and fillibusters, shall we?

what president has faced more fillibusters than obama?

• Options
    edited March 2016

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

when was this?

Okay, I'll let the poison victims that protect the country know that 72 days isn't long enough to get anything passed. I'll ask them how they feel about $700b tarp bill passing over a weekend.
    I first typed 700 million not BILLION.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

when was this?

Okay, I'll let the poison victims that protect the country know that 72 days isn't long enough to get anything passed. I'll ask them how they feel about $700b tarp bill passing over a weekend.
    I first typed 700 million not BILLION.
    go ahead and ask them.

truth be told, this is never about helping the first responders. it was about playing politics and saying we can't afford it. again who opposed this bill? what side of the aisle?

jon stewart is more responsible for getting that first responder bill passed than anybody else.

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited March 2016
    I mean I think Gillbrand helped.

My friend is still fighting with the VA for his benefits. Ten years on, he's got migraines so bad he gets nosebleeds. They gave him new glasses. "Here these should fix your headaches". Fucking. Come on.

The first responders amaze me though. I know a handful of guys that work for EMS & they were floating these memes on social media about the fast food workers fighting for $15, cuz they think flipping burgers deserves more than saving lives or some shit. It upset me beyond reason. Same with the OIF guys i know with the "free education" memes. Makes me wanna smash my fucking head into a wall that some of the most admiral people i know think it's best to assist those with more than us in keeping down those with less than us rather than joining together and making things better for everyone.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Free wars, free death, free amputations, free PSTD, free cancers, free disease, free registry websites, free best country in the world, free bumper stickers, free yellow, ribbons...It's all free!
    One of thousands.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/fdny-hero-45-evacuated-hundreds-9-11-dies-cancer-article-1.3881659

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,575
    Free Impeachment! I’m 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©