Options

This merch situation is really frustrating.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,797
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,445
    I saw the photo and thought it was a shirt for 12.99.  I thought, "wow, that's a steal."  LOL
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mace1229 said:
    i have all poster of shows i went..62 pj and 2 ev..ok,i missing one,but 10c didnt drop it yet..
    some shows had 2,3,or 5 posters..so  must be total 80 posters from show ive been and like 40 posters from shows i just love the poster and got it..
    i never paid in my life more than face value..got them all at cost..and i never will pay secondary market..
    just yesterday i got the only poster i missing,ev taormina 2 the horse,AP version for cost..76 dollars was if i remember what i paid./.
    i prefer to not have any posters at all than pay even 1 dollar above face value..im not gonna support in any way fuckin flippers..they willnot get any extra money from me ,above  face value..no fuckin way,not in this life or the next one.
    #SayNoToFlippers
    No way can you get every poster unless your're willing to wait hours and hours in line.
    I don't want to spend hours and hours in line. I remember Wrigley '13 I talked to some who spent 8 hours, only to have posters sell out before they got there, so they did it again the next day. No thanks.
    I'm not going to spend more than maybe double (with a couple exceptions), so that's why I only have about half the posters for my shows. I'd rather pay a flipper an extra $50 if I really want it (and I find myself thinking many aren't worth the extra $50) than spend half a day in line (often multiple times).
    ,  never in this life  or the next one. NEVER
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    do_the_revolutiondo_the_revolution Georgia Posts: 18
    I got to Wrigley at around 3:30 Sat. & met a guy to transfer a ticket. Went & got in the very long GA line and got into the Stadium by 6 or so. I went straight to the pit and then got in the merchandise line behind home plate for about 10 minutes. I bought 2 posters, shirt, & a pennant. Went back to the pit and rocked out to the greatest band in the world for 3 hours. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,115
    I got to Wrigley at around 3:30 Sat. & met a guy to transfer a ticket. Went & got in the very long GA line and got into the Stadium by 6 or so. I went straight to the pit and then got in the merchandise line behind home plate for about 10 minutes. I bought 2 posters, shirt, & a pennant. Went back to the pit and rocked out to the greatest band in the world for 3 hours. 
    We had a similar experience in Seattle.   We got into the GA line around 4.   For some reason once and a while they would pause the flow of people into GA.   Lucky for us it paused about 10 people after us.

We get to the pit and there's no one at the GA booth.   Just two people already buying stuff at the table.   I was torn.. no lineup to get my poster/tshirt or get in GA.   Then I noticed there was no one coming down after us, so we quickly bought our stuff and then got our spots in the pit.  I don't think it cost us any rows or anything.  It was perfect.    I didn't think I was going to buy merch, because there's no way I'll wait 3 hours to buy merch.
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 161
    RobbyD462 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Seattle was crazy 6 straight days of 2-4 hour waits, I was out there for 2 of the days with my 100w speaker playing Pearl Jam music & at least 50% of those people were non-pearl jam fans w/the sole express purpose of flipping the merchandise, it was pretty easy to tell by their disdain for Pearl Jam music, my only thought she all these people pimping out Pearl Jam fans is that this is so completely fucked up, but whatever if I really want something I just find someone who can get me a extra one & I paypal them the money plus shipping, fortunately there are a lot of hella cool Pearl Jam fans out there.
    Hi BBH, this doesn't help you with your poster request, but just wanted to point something out about you blasting PJ in the line for hours.  First off, love that you're bringing the PJ love and showing the love.  That said, while I was in line for 3 hrs on the day of Seattle 1, it was actually a big convo in the line among my linemates (and whoever happened to be on either side of us at various times during the wait), and we were surprised at how many of us have the same preference to NOT listen to the band we're going to see that day before the show.

It's just a preference - if I'd been in line with you I would never have asked you to stop playing PJ.  But when you said it was obvious you were in line with flippers because of their disdain for PJ music, some people are hardcore about this, they REALLY do NOT like listening to the band they're going to see on the day of the show.

So just wanted to give you that context, some of those folks may not have been non-PJ fans, some of them may have been mega PJ purists and really not wanted to have their rule broken for hours when they couldn't escape it until they were done buying!

Again, NOT saying you shouldn't do this, I think the spirit of it is far cooler and more fun than any concern about people's individual preferences, so I'm cool with it.  But wanted you to have that perspective since it was surprising how many of us in my line had the same habit, no headliner music day of show.  So the live show is fresh and knocks you that much more on your feet is how we felt. 

Big love!
    I was in line Sunday for 3 hours & it was boring & uncomfortable. & fans after kept coming up to me & thanking me for bring the music, I gave of my time to try and make everyone's experience better & I would NEVER get pissed off at anyone playing Pearl Jam music, unless it was the same song on a loop, especially when I am going to be at 2 shows where I am going be singing at least 3/4 of the songs, there's no better warm up for that, and I had an amazing time at both Safeco Field shows, Tim Bierman came by and thanked me & shook my hand, so that's good enough for me.
    Tim was cool super nice guy!
    He still couldn’t answer all my questions though which we laughed about.
    I like to listen the prior week to a show of everything over and over.  then go cold turkey for a week or a couple of days until the show.  I would not have enjoyed your dj set.  
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    D-Rod said:
    Grif said:
    Now that’s a d*ck move 

Also have tshirts stickers, etc. for sale.